Anna Frolova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anna Frolova

The Finn

Record Breaker
Frolova has been subbed in for the JGP Croatia. There will be some changes coming still because Usacheva has one extra spot at the moment and Kanysheva has only one spot, the 7th. If Kanysheva is injured and she is only placeholder there then Anna might even get 2 spots but things depend on also about how well does Vika do next week at JGP Russia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Frolova has been subbed in for the JGP Croatia. There will be some changes coming still because Usacheva has one extra spot at the moment and Kanysheva has only one spot, the 7th. If Kanysheva is injured and she is only placeholder there then Anna might even get 2 spots but things depend on also about how well does Vika do next week at JGP Russia.

So pleased for Anna. Kanysheva's still uncertain, but that's only inevitable in sports. A few weeks of open registrations still remain.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Anna has been assigned for the JGP Italy also now. So, 2 JGP events for her. Great news for her.

Azikin

Medalist
Anna has been assigned for the JGP Italy also now. So, 2 JGP events for her. Great news for her.

Good luck smiled on her with Kanysheva and Tarusina out, I hope she will take the chance to fight for JGPF! :agree:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She was looking so happy, did she know she might still be left out because of the tie break?

SkateSkates

Medalist
She was looking so happy, did she know she might still be left out because of the tie break?

She has to have known, I would think, due to her low score in the SP it was essentially impossible for her to make the final over Vika unless she won. I think she was happy to have held on to 2nd after falling and missing her lutz-toe combo again. Not her best skates, but solid efforts with 2 podium placements when at the start of the season it wasn’t clear if she would receive any assignments at all. Hoping she can skate clean at upcoming Cup Events. Does anyone know if she will try to qualify for senior nationals?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She has to have known, I would think, due to her low score in the SP it was essentially impossible for her to make the final over Vika unless she won. I think she was happy to have held on to 2nd after falling and missing her lutz-toe combo again. Not her best skates, but solid efforts with 2 podium placements when at the start of the season it wasn’t clear if she would receive any assignments at all. Hoping she can skate clean at upcoming Cup Events. Does anyone know if she will try to qualify for senior nationals?

She has had a good JPG series after all, but was the weakest of all the Russians.

The provisionary lists of entrants to the second and third stages of the Russian Cup are already up. Cannot find them back right now and look for Anna's name and competing rank.

Azikin

Medalist
She has had a good JPG series after all, but was the weakest of all the Russians.
Well she was kind of a substitute after all.. and she isn't really known for her consistency.. but being the first substitute for JGPF is quite a good result for Anna I'm sure..

ramed

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Does anyone know if Anna may have any connection with Moskvich sports school? I think I stumbled into her last Saturday, she was strolling along Volgogradsky prospekt without any haste, with a Bosco Sport backpack. Moskvich school was within a few minutes of walk but I wouldn't say she was moving specifically to or from it. That might have been a pure coincidence, of course. AFAIK, she never trained there.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna Frolova might perhaps be amongst the least well known of contestants in the 2020 Russian National Championships, but she is by no means to be discounted.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6hltlhn-kd/ , she also is very proud and pleased to be part of the best skaters from Russia.

And like Anna Shcherbakova could easily walk in a fashion show for young adolescents.

I don't think ever to have seen a close up, but Anna has green eyes it seems?

Artemisa

Final Flight
I really like her skate ... she has beautiful lines ... I hope she could skate tomorrow like today ...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So did Anna change clubs? I don't get why she was with Davydov.

Frolova's coaching situation is still unclear to me. The official entry list has her still as a Snow Leopards skater.

The official CSKA page hasn't Anna listed but included her (nice) photographs from the draw: http://ltk-cska.ru in their collection.

Szayel008

Rinkside
Frolova's coaching situation is still unclear to me. The official entry list has her still as a Snow Leopards skater.

The official CSKA page hasn't Anna listed but included her (nice) photographs from the draw: http://ltk-cska.ru in their collection.

Shulskaya too.
She reports that she is currently training at CSKA with Sergey Davydov. She and her family arrived in Moscow at the beginning of the season.

mimithemermaid

Rinkside
Colour me a new Frolova fan! I was very impressed with her at Nationals and particularly with how she kept such a calm composure and skated two lovely programs under pressure and against some very big competitors.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the fact that Anna went from Russian national team reserve to top 6 at senior RusNats and YOG medalist all within...four months? What an incredible turn of events!

I liked Anna from the start but I thought she wouldn't factor into jr worlds because she was inconsistent and all but she has really grown on me even more, strong interpretation. I think the judges don't give her as much credit as they should especially domestically because she isn't from Eteri and has already hit 160 cm, which sadly means that she and Khromykh may be looked at differently. I hope Anna and Maya prove them all wrong. As a tall gymnast myself, I hope that they do.

I wonder if she will end her season here or do Russian Cup Final, she could be one of the top Russians on JGP next season even with Samodelkina coming up in addition to Valieva and co

Azikin

Medalist
She's been very consistent this season, much more than the previous season. I have a feeling she might not take this competition too seriously.