Anna Frolova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anna Frolova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She's been very consistent this season, much more than the previous season. I have a feeling she might not take this competition too seriously.

Anna sort of has the choice to stay securely in juniors for one more year or risk starting in seniors, right? She has potential, but a lot of development is needed to raise her standard and competitive chances. She needs to raise herself from the 'average' level of 190-200 points.

She seems reasonably happy and content with #TeamDavydov in CSKA. She is their youngest intermediate senior.

Anna doesn't strike me as a technique skater, rather she seems a components skater. But who knows what her ambitions are, and how she will be guided to greatness?

She competes with Sinitsyna, Tarakanova and Vasil'yeva in Moscow and possible Tsibinova/Shulskaya, and the Sankt Peterburg 'reserve' skaters, for invitation to next season Open Test Skates.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Anna sort of has the choice to stay securely in juniors for one more year or risk starting in seniors, right? She has potential, but a lot of development is needed to raise her standard and competitive chances. She needs to raise herself from the 'average' level of 190-200 points.

She seems reasonably happy and content with #TeamDavydov in CSKA. She is their youngest intermediate senior.

Anna doesn't strike me as a technique skater, rather she seems a components skater. But who knows what her ambitions are, and how she will be guided to greatness?

She competes with Sinitsyna, Tarakanova and Vasil'yeva in Moscow and possible Tsibinova/Shulskaya, and the Sankt Peterburg 'reserve' skaters, for invitation to next season Open Test Skates.

Actually, she is about a month too young to go senior next season. She will compete with Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh, Osokina, Muravyova, Petrosyan, and Samodelkina for JGP spots for the second consecutive season. Based off her RusNat finish and her showing at test skates, she should be granted two spots but it all depends on how the first assignment goes - if she does not place in the top 2 then it is slim chances she will be given a second spot.

Anna was the youngest skater in senior russian nationals and the senior russian cup final this year, and while she finished 6th at russian nationals, she was 7th out of 7 (Tarakanova WD after short) at Russian Cup Final. She should be guarenteed test skates, but will have to fight for everything beyond that.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna's test skate SP: https://youtu.be/XW3znd9pDyg?t=1132

And her FP: https://youtu.be/aKmczpiH2tI?t=1220

She skates well, but is very self-contained - her gaze seems to generally be turned downwards, and I suspect that if she lifted her chin and made eye contact with the audience, it would transform her performance. She has the technical goods, she just needs to project outwards. Admittedly, these are test skates, so she may be focused on getting through the programmes right now, and may perform better in competition.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna's SP today:

I have to say, that was the best I've seen her skate, in terms of presence. She was less self-contained, and projecting more to the audience, which makes such a difference. Hope she has a good performance tomorrow!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Anna! In my best Ted Barton impression, she was patient, she took her time for the jumps, and saved those two dodgy landings by fighting to get her free leg back and stay upright. And it paid off, moving her up to second. Wish she had just looked less at the ice and more at the audience, as she did yesterday, but she's young, it'll come in time. Also, what a pretty costume!

Her free skate today:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna's SP today:

Another solid, clean skate, aside from the nC on her CCoSp. She really is good at going out there and putting down clean performances, and I think her consistency may stand her in good stead whenever we have an international season again. Performance-wise, she started strong, but kind of stopped midway through, and went back to looking down at the ice, rather than out at the judges and the audience, and I just wish she would keep that eye contact, because it makes the world of difference.

Really nice to see her happy with her skate, and the little dimple in her cheek when she smiles is precious. She is so charming and lively off the ice.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I wouldn't mind if Anna received 70+ score. Very solid, I liked her more than that the first stage. It makes me sad that such high quality skater have probably only limited chances in super competitive russian ladies environment to represent internationally. Though, who knows. At least some stages at the GP should be compulsory for her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna is a components skater at the moment, and like Flanker said, it will be very difficult to compete with those skaters which have solid ultra-si under their command.

1tv.ru interview with Anna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IWHVtNum4 , LOL, she tells she got disoriented and took a wrong turn ....

As of late, she really seems to have come into her own. The transfer to CSKA seems to have been a good choice.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna is a components skater at the moment, and like Flanker said, it will be very difficult to compete with those skaters which have solid ultra-si under their command.

1tv.ru interview with Anna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IWHVtNum4 , LOL, she tells she got disoriented and took a wrong turn ....

As of late, she really seems to have come into her own. The transfer to CSKA seems to have been a good choice.
Glad to see you, BTW (y)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna's FP today.

I actually liked it more than her SP this time, and really enjoyed her performance. To my untutored eyes, she looks technically solid, and I wonder if a programme with more engaging, dynamic music would bring out the personality we see off the ice. The more I watch her, the more she grows on me, and I really hope to see her develop into a successful senior skater.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna is a classic skater. If she would've appeared like 5-6 years ago, she would've been among the top contenders for world and olympic medals. I hope that with Davydov she can improve her technical content to be a real threat for the podium at the highest competitions.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna was so content and pleased over her performances, it was a joy to see her smile in the Kiss and Cry.

Nice new free program too.

Anna has these clean classic lines, but without ultra-si, will need all the ticks and bullets in the bonus sections of the rules to remain competitive with the very best.

There haven't been any interviews or quotes from her yet?

sparklestan

On the Ice
Congratulations to classy queen Anna for securing her spot at Russian Nationals!! Her skating is so elegant and beautiful! She improved so much since Stage 1, so I’m excited to see her continue to grow as a performer and technician!
Now that the triples are solid and smooth hopefully a 3A or quad is in the works! No matter what Anna does I’m sure it will be great! :)