GS Christmas Card List | Golden Skate

GS Christmas Card List

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

GS is running a Christmas Card list this year if you would like to send and receive cards!

Happy Holidays to those who are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is fun, y'all. I'm getting to send cards all over the world.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm tempted but I fear how many cards I'd have to send :laugh:

Not that many. I always buy boxes and boxes at 75% off after Christmas though. I have another Christmas card exchange also.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
But then there is postage. I have never sent anything to Japan Korea Russia. How much does overseas coast. It means a trip to post office and I can barely keep up. I send e cards if that now. But it does sound fun and a good community building idea. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But then there is postage. I have never sent anything to Japan Korea Russia. How much does overseas coast. It means a trip to post office and I can barely keep up. I send e cards if that now. But it does sound fun and a good community building idea. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all!

Generally $1 something if it is a regular card/letter under a certain weight, a couple of ounces maybe? I want to say $1.15. They told me at the post office, but my other cards should not cost any more than my one to Jamaica and Russia. They are all the same weight. I actually thought it would be more. I mean a domestic Christmas card is .50 (price of a Forever stamp right now unless you have some lying around).

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you are in the US, you can purchase Global stamps for $1.15 ea. They go to any country in the world as long as the letter is not over 1 oz :) It can get pricey along with cards.

Weetos

Final Flight
Ok it is like £1.50 per stamp, I can't afford to send cards to everyone, but I will definitely do some!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Maybe you could break up the people interested in exchanging cards into groups? For example, groups of 6, 10, 12 (or however many) and they all send to everyone in their own group? That would keep the postage down :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Also keep in mind that if you are concerned about paying overseas postage for x amount of users, consider that those users probably have to be paying for xxx amount of postage to be sent overseas! It can get expensive for someone living in a not-so-common-on-GS country :scratch3:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also keep in mind that if you are concerned about paying overseas postage for x amount of users, consider that those users probably have to be paying for xxx amount of postage to be sent overseas! It can get expensive for someone living in a not-so-common-on-GS country :scratch3:

One of the exciting things for me is hoping to see all the different stamps from different countries!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've signed up for the Christmas card list and I'd like to know how I can access it in order to send the postcards. Christmas is in 2 weeks time and I'll be sending my postcards this week and I could add the GS ones to the list.

Weetos

Final Flight
I've signed up for the Christmas card list and I'd like to know how I can access it in order to send the postcards. Christmas is in 2 weeks time and I'll be sending my postcards this week and I could add the GS ones to the list.

You should've received an email with the link when you entered your address

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
You should've received an email with the link when you entered your address
Oh, I have not received anything. And I registered the day it was announced. Maybe I'll do it once again? [emoji53]

Weetos

Final Flight
Oh, I have not received anything. And I registered the day it was announced. Maybe I'll do it once again? [emoji53]

Well you're on the list! Have you checked junk mail and things? Or maybe you didn't type the email address right?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Well you're on the list! Have you checked junk mail and things? Or maybe you didn't type the email address right?
Nothing received :( I'll register once again. Maybe I made some mistake in the email address.

Edit: now it has worked! There must have been some error in the email. Thanks for your help!!!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whew, I just finished doing all mine. If there's anyone considering it and wants more info, I would say it took me about five hours all told and will cost around $50 to do, so definitely only sign up if you have a chunk of time and money. I didn't realize how much it would be until I was into the process; I unfortunately did bite off more than I could chew this time. But I received my first card in the mail today, which was exciting, and it's pretty cool to see a big stack of cards ready to sent out all over the world! :biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whew, I just finished doing all mine. If there's anyone considering it and wants more info, I would say it took me about five hours all told and will cost around $50 to do, so definitely only sign up if you have a chunk of time and money. I didn't realize how much it would be until I was into the process; I unfortunately did bite off more than I could chew this time. But I received my first card in the mail today, which was exciting, and it's pretty cool to see a big stack of cards ready to sent out all over the world! :biggrin:

Is that including the cards? Because I buy all of mine at 75% off after Christmas. Boxes and boxes (I'm on another Christmas Card exchange also.) I also had some stamps left over from last year. I sent out a few more today, most will be sent off on Friday.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is that including the cards? Because I buy all of mine at 75% off after Christmas. Boxes and boxes (I'm on another Christmas Card exchange also.) I also had some stamps left over from last year. I sent out a few more today, most will be sent off on Friday.

Yup. I got a box of 48 for $12.50 at amazon--they're really nice cards too--and used up a bunch of stamps I had. That's $11 or so. The rest of the money, probably about $30, is the international postage.