Maiia Khromykh | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Maiia Khromykh

Azikin

Medalist
Well, it would dramatically raise her chances to qualify for JWC if she lands it.. :cheer2:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, it would dramatically raise her chances to qualify for JWC if she lands it.. :cheer2:

So close it was :(

But I think she has secured her spot for Junior Worlds. Apart from the quad she had perfect skate. During those two days there were just two flaws, 3-2 combo and fall from a quad. There is not many skaters who can say this. I hope they will send her.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Maiia is so special and beautiful on ice, I love watching her skate.
There’s just something about her, that X factor I saw in Danielyan. I feel the same way about Maiia.
Hope rusfed sends her to JrWorlds.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maiia is so special and beautiful on ice, I love watching her skate.
There’s just something about her, that X factor I saw in Danielyan. I feel the same way about Maiia.
Hope rusfed sends her to JrWorlds.

Agreed.

Nice to see you, BTW, you were missed during those stormy days :agree:

Azikin

Medalist
Maya deserves to go to JWC. Period. Did they send Konstantinova or Gubanova? And Maya was really better yesterday, unlike Konstantinova.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I hope she is chosen on for JW .. I like very much her skating ... she makes me think of kostner ... very long lines

Vemvane

On the Ice

Thank you for sharing these links! Her SP was lovely to watch - she is so graceful, able to make her long limbs soft and lissome, and when she lands her jumps well the extension of her free leg is beautiful. As for the FP, she really went for that 4S - I hope she can land it at Junior Worlds! She does have very nice jumps to my eye - she comes into them fast, and gets a good height off the ice. I would like to see her smiling after a skate, though - she has been so intense and almost anxious-looking at the end of her performances, and it would be lovely for her to be satisfied afterwards.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Here's Maiia's skate at the "Road to Victory" show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xc_tVJlzKs

I really did like this performance - despite the spotlight and shadows, she landed all her jumps, and her spins were as good as ever. The shot of her Biellmann with her shadow stretching across the ice was marvellous.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maiia was good. Nervous, but managed to deliver solid skate with just one small mistake. Good luck in the free.

Azikin

Medalist
Maiia was good. Nervous, but managed to deliver solid skate with just one small mistake. Good luck in the free.

She's apparently more nervous in international competitions than normally but I believe Maya can break it today and fight for the medal! :cheer:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She's apparently more nervous in international competitions than normally but I believe Maya can break it today and fight for the medal! :cheer:

Let Maiia land her quad and all other jumps clean today.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done, Maiia, on a beautiful free skate! All clean, except for the opening salchow, but she stayed on her feet, and carried on as if nothing had happened. She has come such a long way since the start of the season, when she was so anxious and so devastated with her JGP skates. Onwards and upwards for her next season!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well done, Maiia, on a beautiful free skate! All clean, except for the opening salchow, but she stayed on her feet, and carried on as if nothing had happened. She has come such a long way since the start of the season, when she was so anxious and so devastated with her JGP skates. Onwards and upwards for her next season!

Maiia definitely proved strong mind today, if she would make clean 4S, she could have been even third. But's is more than clear that everybody has to count with her for the next season. She was also smiling and happy in the K&C :luv17: