Maiia Khromykh | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Maiia Khromykh

Andruha

Rinkside
Courchevel 2019, short program.

Maya will be in Warm-Up Group 4, 22 s.number.

I can't wait!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
67.72, she was a little nervous but overall a very good start.

Indeed, it was. Must replay the clip later, but was there a quick glance over to Gleikhengauz right after she'd finished? If he gave her the slightest nod of approval, she knows she'd done well and that's what made her relax at once.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yes, Maya did well, just the stsq level is unusuall, but that's due to nerves. I hope she will be as solid in the free.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I agree, as expected in an international debut, the nerves were present, but they did not affect her too much. After the 3L mistake she kept her nerves together and got the job done. A great skate and overall impresion for Maya. Fingers crossed for a clean FS :luv17:

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think she is a very elegant skater .... looks more mature and polish .... She have any 4 in training?

Azikin

Medalist
Congratulations! Who'd have thought.. ;):yahoo: The situation actually reminds me of last year. I both cases, Maya and Anna S., it wasn't completely sure if they get a JGP spot and now they are both leaders after SP.. ;)
Well for the sake of advancing to JGPF, it would be actually better if Maya is first here because if Kamila is clean next time, no one can beat her..

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
There appears to be an injury, so good for her for getting a bronze. It probably won't get her a second assignment, but getting a bronze on the JGP is still very impressive! (considering she beat Hanna Harrell and the two Japanese girls)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
She may be the first russian lady of this season taking a bronze on JGP but is not the last, with Alysa Liu, Haein Lee and Wi around, and obviously the russian JGP event with three russian girls :biggrin:

Maiia need a win now but i don't think we can already rule her out of the competition.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So Maiia came through her international debut. Yes, it was far from ideal, but peoplke really should consider that those are only 13 y.o. girls, fragile yet strong, to be able to stand before the crowd with so many eyes on you expecting the best requires a piece of valor. Nobody can be perfect from the start, still Maiia showed she is in right place. Her bronze medal (just look at it how high the expectations go, winning bronze is considered a disaster by some) and her performance, despite two falls, showed she is as good as necessary, just didn't avoid mistakes under the circumstances. I believe, next time she will be hardened already and shows us a flawless performances.

Azikin

Medalist
She may be the first russian lady of this season taking a bronze on JGP but is not the last, with Alysa Liu, Haein Lee and Wi around, and obviously the russian JGP event with three russian girls :biggrin:

Maiia need a win now but i don't think we can already rule her out of the competition.

Yes, this year will be different than last year with 3A prodigies... Anyway, it was a huge relief she at least got that medal! :thank: