Maiia Khromykh | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Maiia Khromykh

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maiia is 9th after SP, unfortunate fall on combo (off the axis after take-off for Lz), otherwise she was very good. The loss on higher places till 3rd is not big, she still has a chance for a medal if skates clean tomorrow.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Maiia did very nicely in her SP skate, except where she went off-axis and fell on her jump combo.
She is lying third (57+), behind Kamila Sultanmagomedova on 63 and Darya on 73. She is unlikely to hold that position, with quitr a number of skaters left.

Edit to bring this up to date: Maiia finished in 9th position, with positions 3-10 all closely bunched. So let's see what happens in tomorrow's Freeskate.

Perhaps Maya is one of those fighter types, that need to get fired up or become angry with themselves to deliver?

Giltedge

Final Flight
Congrats to Maiia to her very noce and strong performance today. She needed it very much. Second best skate of the day :clap:. It's a pity that her final 5th place was just half a point from 3rd place, still, from 9th to 5th it is a huge accomplishment. Full results:
https://fsrussia.ru/results/1920/3etap/CAT005RS.HTM

That's right, a superb Freeskate and less than a point between 3rd, 4th and 5th.
I'm sure many of those who dismiss her when she falters won't be around to acknowledge her when she shines..

Well done, Maiia :clap:

Decoder

On the Ice
I really admir her and all the Eteri girls. Not making the JGPF might have motivated her in learning the 4S. This reminds me how Alena learnt her 3A.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist

I was certain her first quad would have been the toe-loop since it's so huge! But this 4sal looks so easy. Good for her! Her body type helps her stand out already, she just might be timed perfectly for 2022. Now all she needs are programs that she is deserving of. She's got two years to get it together. I couldn't understand what Eteri saw in her when she first let her in to her rink, but obviously Eteri knows best!!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I was certain her first quad would have been the toe-loop since it's so huge! But this 4sal looks so easy. Good for her! Her body type helps her stand out already, she just might be timed perfectly for 2022. Now all she needs are programs that she is deserving of. She's got two years to get it together. I couldn't understand what Eteri saw in her when she first let her in to her rink, but obviously Eteri knows best!!

Eteri Georgiyevna doesn't look for raw talent alone, attitude to work, capability to learn are much more important. Precocious talent often comes with an attitude, not only in the child but also in his/her parents. In Khrustalniy, the self-entitled have no place.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Yeah, I’m always surprised how she manages to see the talent when girls who come to her are sometimes so unpolished. Her 4S looks quite good, I was hoping Maiia would make a progress, but I did not quite expect a quad this soon.
Go Maiia!

Artemisa

Final Flight
I like her skating ... I'm very happy for her ... How to pass from I'm falling in the jumps to a 4s ... that evil Eteri :laugh2:

Azikin

Medalist
I like her skating ... I'm very happy for her ... How to pass from I'm falling in the jumps to a 4s ... that evil Eteri :laugh2:

And it was a beautiful and perfect 4S if you ask me.. I hope she will soon show it in the actual performance.. :luv17:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing the video! Maiia is so willowy and graceful when she skates, and her 3T rippon was really beautiful!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Warmly wrapped up, and with a dog as well! Look at the little hat on her dog - it is so cute!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Don't lose your head, Maiia, your skating is high quality. Just one smaller mistake today, still very good skate and 6th place, you are in the last warm-up for tomorrow :thumbsup: