Anastasia Shabotova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shabotova

Pracygr

On the Ice
Honestly, I dont think Anastasia will ever have performance to seriously "beat" those russian girls which are send on international competitions. Also I think in Russia, they can have dual citizenship with countries from ex-soviet republics (CIS coutries), so its not like she switching citizenship, just gain another one (if she already havent UA citizenship, due to some family relations).
Russia doesn't prohibit dual citizenship with any country. Your Russian citizenship will not be revoked if you become citizen somewhere else. However, most countries (including Russia) will require you to give up your previous citizenship before giving theirs. Therefore there are fairly few places which will allow you to maintain dual citizenship with Russia, USA being one of the notable examples.

Ukraine both requires you to give up previous citizenship as well as not allowing dual citizenship.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
What is the financial situation of UKR figure skating? Are they able to foster a foreign skater over one of their own?

Or is Shabotova paying for herself, perhaps through some private sponsorships? Has UKR any guaranteed JGP spots?

Ukraine's government isn't spending much on sports with the current political and economical situation I think.

All in all, after thinking this over it seems a sort of desperate move, full of financial risk.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What is the financial situation of UKR figure skating? Are they able to foster a foreign skater over one of their own?

Or is Shabotova paying for herself, perhaps through some private sponsorships? Has UKR any guaranteed JGP spots?

Ukraine's government isn't spending much on sports with the current political and economical situation I think.

All in all, after thinking this over it seems a sort of desperate move, full of financial risk.

Number of entries for JGP comes from the results of the country in previous world junior championship. Here is the announcement for 2019/20 season, entries for ladies are given on the page 3. For Ukraine, it should be section d) applied - Anastasiia Arkhipova placed 17th at JWC. So, one skater in five competitions, which means potentionally two skaters with two emntries and one with one entry.

SkateSkates

Medalist
We also don’t know how long she has been in talks with the Ukrainian federation to skate for them. Yes, she was only released just now, but this makes sense because she is only now junior eligible. I’m not saying the scandal did or didn’t have anything to do with her switch - we have no idea. But just want to put it out there that they could have been in talks for over a year or more. Who knows!

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Ukrainian federation announced already all JPG participantes. So no JGP for Shabotova this year.
And Ukrainian federation absolutely can't pay russian coaches. If she wants to be part of the national team, she can't train in Russia. So as for now I can't understand her choice.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Ukrainian federation announced already all JPG participantes. So no JGP for Shabotova this year.
And Ukrainian federation absolutely can't pay russian coaches. If she wants to be part of the national team, she can't train in Russia. So as for now I can't understand her choice.

It makes no sense. Poor kiddo. So sorry for any anguish she's going through.figure skating is such a tough sport on so many levels physically and emotionally and especially with the Russian girls and ladies. The competition is beyond brutal.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Shabotova is invited to ukrainian test skate. So may soon we will have some answers.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Shabotova is invited to ukrainian test skate. So may soon we will have some answers.

Good to hear she is not lost. Please try to keep us updated on any news, press snippets etc.

She will have to prove her worth and value for Ukraine figure skating, right, before being given any assignments over native skater?

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
We need to wait till 21 of august. But I'm not sure, that their will be stream, but we will definitely have official interviews.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Nice. How were her scores, in relation to the domestic girls? Snow Leopards quality showing in her skating?

ukrfsf.org.ua doesn't seem to work, I only found this: https://www.facebook.com/ukrfsf.org.ua/
This works, but no news yet https://ufsf.com.ua/

As far as I know, there were no scores. And I only saw SP from Arhipova, so it's difficult to say. May be someone will post LP, so there will be more information.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
From what I gather from my internet search for information, there are/were two UKR governing bodies fighting for ISU recognition.
Then there is the divide between Ukrainian and Russian language factions in figure skating.
Meaning many opportunities and money were lost in the power struggle over the last couple of years.

It probably isn’t easy for Shabotova to establish herself.
Would very much like to know how she is managing, how training goes, where she lives, etc.

Perhaps with this girl Sof'ya who recorded Anastasiya’s SP?

If assuming her mother/aunt/grandma moved to/lives in Ukraine (Kyiv I suppose?) it is all going to be costly and full of risks.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
It will be hard for her, because, for example, JGP in Italy can be her only chance. But may be she still got none.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Her mother said, that they are waiting for aprove from ISU to be able to compete.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Her mother said, that they are waiting for aprove from ISU to be able to compete.

Good, because only the latest (August 2019) issue of Moskovskiy Figurist, the semi-official publication of FFKM had the official confirmation Shabotova has been released.