Anastasia Shabotova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shabotova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anastasiya won the National Championships with 122.43. (189.23 total score)

Her content included a 3A<< and calls on 3Lz and 3F and a fall.

She has her work cut out for for her, in order to be able to complete cleanly next season.
I think she's impressive and a great find for Ukraine. I truly hope all the controversy is behind Anastasia and she has moved on. It's hard to believe a few silly words in a few silly seconds can change her career so much.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
She has her work cut out for for her, in order to be able to complete cleanly next season.

Panova said, 3A was the reason of mistakes. She tried it only once in a competition and wanted to show it here. She can skate mush better without 3A.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Former Russian figure skater Anastasiya Shabotova became the champion of Ukraine. In her free program, she tried to execute a triple Axel, but fell. Due to the margin of points after her short program, falling on the triksel, there was no risk - Nastya was the only participant to complete the cascade of triple Lutz - triple Toeloop without errors. As you can already understand, Shabotova has no competitors in her new federation yet - two-time champion of Ukraine Anastasiya Arkhipova did not participate in the tournament due to a serious knee injury.

About a year ago, Shabotova became famous for her shocking statement about “proper doping” and its use by students of Eteri Tutberidze. It sounded like this: “How to perform stably? Drink a lot of dope - and you are stable. That's all. Just have the right dope to drink. I wonder if they drink or don't drink at Khrustalny? Of course they drink. ”

Eteri Georgiyevna in an interview with Vladimir Pozner said she was very sorry to hear such an opinion about doping from a young figure skater.

"I am very sorry to hear such words from a 13-year-old girl, as well as sorry for the whole part of the generation who believes that the formula for success is the use of doping. That is, she does not think that we need to go out on the ice and work harder."

With sports achievements in Russia, Nastya was not so rosy: 14th place in the junior championship and 8th in the final of the Russian Cup. After this scandalous phrase, the girl explained that she was simply upset by her loss.

"I talked stupidity. Maybe because I lost at my last competition. I did not think that they would misunderstand me."

Coach Svetlana Panova defended Shabotova, arguing that the child himself did not understand what she'd said.

“But you understand that this is a 13-year-old child? Execute her, kill her? It is clear that I will have to partially answer. But I cannot raise or adopt skaters. There are parents, they must follow their child's social media and control such moments. ... I am sorry for ruining the girl’s career because of some statement that was not made seriously. If a 20-year-old athlete said this, that’s another matter."

Subsequently, the girl still found herself with a push-button telephone and numerous educational conversations from her mother, coach, and even from RUSADA. However, many experts felt that the scandal was overblown, and such nonsense was not even worth paying attention to. This opinion was shared by the leadership of the FFKKR - Alexander Kogan and Alexander Gorshkov.

“I have not read this stupidity and I do not want to comment on it. Oh, some kind of nonsense,” the reactions of the General Director and the President of the FFKKR were approximately like that.

In the summer, it turned out that Nastya will compete for Ukraine in the 2019/20 season. The reason for this decision, perhaps, was not only the scandal with the “correct doping”, but also high competition among Russian figure skaters. Everyone wants to get to international starts and get Grand Prix stages - Shabotova, under the flag of Russia, did not have such an opportunity due to poor results. Such a solution is not new for our skaters, for students of Tutberidze, Mosisi Kvitelashvili or Elisabet Tursynbayeva once advocated for Russia.

After the transition, Nastya demonstrated a triple Axel in training. Alexander Kogan was also asked if he regrets leaving the team of the girl with ultra-si. The answer was: “At that moment, when this athlete received a release, she did not possess either one or the other element. In any case, she did not show this at the competitions in which she participated in last season. Many athletes constantly say they have quadruples jump in training, but in reality this is not so. ”

After winning the Ukrainian championship, Shabotova can count on serious international starts and participate in two whole stages of the Junior Grand Prix. For the national team of Ukraine, a girl who learns ultra-si is a real find. Especially when you consider the fact that before this they had only one leader of the national team.
-----
From: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...noye-kataniye-doping-tutberidze-ukraina-video

Giltedge

Final Flight
Super! Anastasiia joins the 3A club. :clap:

Her LP was a little rough around the edges, probably her first proper outing this season, Though she looked rather distraught with herself afterwards, it is nice to see her coach engaging well to cheer her up, and then the flash of delight across Anastasiia's face with the announcement.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Shabotova entered the Ultra-si league!

She did well in this field, but still seemed not fully satisfied with herself.

But the past still haunts her, with remarks in the Russian media like "this is what 'the proper kind of doping' does to you", given the agitation against Ukraine in the Russian media, she will not be left alone.

Skating in her old dress while having grown so much, this probably means the training expenses are on the parents, and choices have to be made.

The lack of a JGP will seriously hurt her chances at exposure, for when she'd stabilised her triksels in both short and free, she'd be a contender to make the finals.

NaVi

Medalist
It's the rest of her jumps and her all around skating that needs work.

I don't know if she's currently training in Ukraine or at Snow Leopards, but either one is probably not where she needs to be if she wants to guarantee herself an Olympic birth. She still might make it but even if she does I'm skeptical she's going to ever get very high scores(say, 200+) unless she works on her skating and has a coach with some stature advocating for her.

Azikin

Medalist
It's the rest of her jumps and her all around skating that needs work.

I don't know if she's currently training in Ukraine or at Snow Leopards, but either one is probably not where she needs to be if she wants to guarantee herself an Olympic birth. She still might make it but even if she does I'm skeptical she's going to ever get very high scores(say, 200+) unless she works on her skating and has a coach with some stature advocating for her.
The announcer at the Budapest trophy said her coach was Panova...

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The announcer at the Budapest trophy said her coach was Panova...
I saw many people on Russian skating websites write that Panova has been sick for two months, therefore some of her skaters had to go to other coaches for some time, does anyone know anything more specific?

sparklestan

On the Ice
I saw many people on Russian skating websites write that Panova has been sick for two months, therefore some of her skaters had to go to other coaches for some time, does anyone know anything more specific?
Yeah I’m curious too. I heard Nastya has been working at CSKA for a bit, but I have no clue if that’s true. The coach with her in Hungary seemed kind.

dippy

Rinkside

This is confirmation. This is instagram of figure skating blogger Julia Kuznetsova, and at the end of November she written about arena in Moscow where ice dancers trained, which became COVID hospital. Back when, Nastya’s father was receiving treatment there. He died, and Nastya’s mon Irina wrote to Julia messages, where she begs everyone to take virus seriously.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Anastasiia turns 15 🌹

FAMVB_ifnmY.jpg

Thank you very much for the wonderful congratulations, good wishes, attention and pleasant words. In return, I wish you peace and goodness, prosperity and light, joy and love, good luck and happiness. I sincerely thank you for your kind words, good wishes and wonderful congratulations. I am very pleased with your attention and care. 💜Anastasiia