Anastasia Shabotova | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shabotova

Deripashka

On the Ice
From some interview with Sveta Panova I remember that their ice time in Snow leopards is organized in such manner that they have ice trainings each day four hours from 7:00/8:00 to 11:00/12:00, then girls have school and boys start hockey trainings. I dont think its so limited. Its basically half of adult work shift, key time in school day and also time when kids should be most active. In Khrustalnyj I think they have usually 2x1,5 hours per day per group training, which is even less ice time.
I dont think Nasta will be send away. Its her "home"rink, her school and as long as ukraine fs authorities and her parents will pay costs, theres no rational reason to kick anybody out.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
From some interview with Sveta Panova I remember that their ice time in Snow leopards is organized in such manner that they have ice trainings each day four hours from 7:00/8:00 to 11:00/12:00, then girls have school and boys start hockey trainings. I dont think its so limited. Its basically half of adult work shift, key time in school day and also time when kids should be most active. In Khrustalnyj I think they have usually 2x1,5 hours per day per group training, which is even less ice time.
I dont think Nasta will be send away. Its her "home"rink, her school and as long as ukraine fs authorities and her parents will pay costs, theres no rational reason to kick anybody out.

My thoughts.
I think, her main problem now can be lack of competitions, as she can't compete in Russia. But we can see, that she can compete out of Russia. May be not so strong competitors, but judges can be more fair.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
My thoughts.
I think, her main problem now can be lack of competitions, as she can't compete in Russia. But we can see, that she can compete out of Russia. May be not so strong competitors, but judges can be more fair.

Yes, because she is still dragged though the mud in the chats to those live streams. But on the other hand, she is silently feared for her imminent triksel(s) and perhaps a quad and her 'release' by FFKKR is also questioned. All water flown under the bridge, there will be no return of Anastasiya to compete in Russian uniform, probably not even at friendly club level. One can only wish she isn't being harassed in Snow Leopards, even though the balance has shifted.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
So, we can see in protocols, that she was almost clean. But her PCS are so low...
I hope judges we'll be more fair tomorrow.

Giltedge

Final Flight
So, we can see in protocols, that she was almost clean. But her PCS are so low...
I hope judges we'll be more fair tomorrow.

They seemed to be somewhat down-marking everybody today. Let's see what judge behaviour looks like tomorrow.

And at Anastasiya's next tournament... which is in Tallinn, perhaps?

Anyway, let us await a clean triple axel :hap85:

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Yep, Tallinn.
I think, the main purpose of this tournament for Nastia is to get minimal TES. All the rest is not that important for now.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I think it's time to change first post. I mean, it's time to change the country she represents.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Good clean freeskate by Anastasiya to a 007 theme. Hair in a bun. Judging still on the miserly side.

1 174.76 116.03 65.09 50.94 6.67 6.17 6.25 6.42 6.33

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Neither triksels nor quads she threw, but otherwise her free skate routine looked reasonably solid.

Any idea which coach was with her, since there were quite a lot of UKR girls competing?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
When is her next competition?

Also, I sincerely hope that she isn’t lowballed in components just because of that joke she made against Eteri’s girls in Russia. I have a bad feeling that this girl will get crappy scores because of that joke and because she isn’t from a big skating federation.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Also, I sincerely hope that she isn’t lowballed in components just because of that joke she made against Eteri’s girls in Russia. I have a bad feeling that this girl will get crappy scores because of that joke and because she isn’t from a big skating federation.

Hey, did Oksana Baiul get "crappy scores" because she wasn't from a big skating federation? Complain when there really will be something to complain about.

Giltedge

Final Flight

Probably some small way we as fans and supporters can help is to resist keep mentioning it. There'll be plenty of others who will try to trawl it up repeatedly, for various reasons, particularly as OG season approaches.

Hey, did Oksana Baiul get "crappy scores" because she wasn't from a big skating federation? Complain when there really will be something to complain about.

Mention of Oksana Baiul prompted me to go back to some of her remarkable competitions and performances from the 90s. Wow!

[Thanks to Anastasiya for the indulgence.]

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
In 1994 Ukrainian federation wasn't that small.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya won the National Championships with 122.43 for her free skating routine and 189.23 total score.

Her content included a 3A<< and calls on 3Lz and 3F and a fall.

She has her work cut out for for her, in order to be able to complete cleanly next season.