Anastasia Shabotova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shabotova

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I think, there should be official letter from ISU anyway. May be that is why we can't see her among JGP particapants

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m still sad that we won’t get to see her on the jgp this season.☹️ But will we see her at Europeans? Or any Challenger events?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I’m still sad that we won’t get to see her on the jgp this season.☹️ But will we see her at Europeans? Or any Challenger events?

She's not old enough for that. Maybe she'll be able to go to junior worlds, but that would mean they'd have to choose her over Arkhipova, without Shabatova having competed internationally at all before that. Its a shame, because the triple axel looks good. And a shame she couldn't just compete for Russia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She's not old enough for that. Maybe she'll be able to go to junior worlds, but that would mean they'd have to choose her over Arkhipova, without Shabatova having competed internationally at all before that. Its a shame, because the triple axel looks good. And a shame she couldn't just compete for Russia.

I am still trying to follow the paper trail through Snow Leopards, FFKM, FFKKR, RusADA and the other official entities dealing with doping accusations in Russia, trying to do some detective work as to find out about any official decisions, as far as the Internet allows.
It does indeed seem she was punished for her unfortunate live stream, but I cannot find any proof and Anastasiya and her parents remain quiet too. Which is probably all for the best, since this whole miserable affair is in the past now and should stay there.

UKR fed and Anastasiya and her parents/support team are in an uncomfortable split position right now it seems to me. Without significant starts, the whole switch seems sort of pointless.

So we'll have to wait and see how this evolves.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Arkhipova can go to senior championships. I think, it's not bad idea not to participate in all events, so Shabotova still can go to junior worlds.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Arkhipova can go to senior championships. I think, it's not bad idea not to participate in all events, so Shabotova still can go to junior worlds.

Russia has released her, when can she compete internationally for Ukraine, is there a ISU waiting period or something?

Scott512

Record Breaker

Why would Russia release a 13 year old Junior girl who has a triple axel? Not a lot of the Russian girls even much older have triple axels.

This whole traumatic episode about anastacio and how she had to change countries is absolutely nuts. Yes her silly joke was in bad taste but it was just a silly joke. And now it appears she may not even compete for Ukraine this season. The switch to Ukraine seems pointless at this point. Was she buried in the Russian Federation because of her comments about chocolate and doping? Is the same thing going to happen to another Anastasia who said something silly on a live stream and got blasted by her former coach and has changed coaches but we never see her skate anymore?

I just don't know why Russia felt they had to get rid of Shabotova. The whole situation is sad. Very unfortunate. Nastya would have been much better off staying and competing for Russia and she would have added another quality skater to their junior team this season and that's a junior team that is not so great.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Russia has released her, when can she compete internationally for Ukraine, is there a ISU waiting period or something?

They are waiting for the official letter on the paper from ISU, I guess. I'm sure, she will be able to participate in junior worlds.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Looking forward to this! :) SP 16th Oct, FS 17th Oct

Anastasiya was looking very good in test skates in Kiev and she should have little trouble in this field, perhaps only Kamila Sultanmagomedova and possibly Angelina Chaplygina snapping at her heels.

She was indeed. And this is her chance to prove herself before international judges.

Now, when she'll compete in Russia, how will she be judged there? Favourable or hostile, that still remains to be seen.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Looking forward to this! :) SP 16th Oct, FS 17th Oct

Anastasiya was looking very good in test skates in Kiev and she should have little trouble in this field, perhaps only Kamila Sultanmagomedova and possibly Angelina Chaplygina snapping at her heels.
I know Russia is so deep with girls and ladies but letting Anastasia leave is perplexing because she seems long and talented.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
She was indeed. And this is her chance to prove herself before international judges.

Now, when she'll compete in Russia, how will she be judged there? Favourable or hostile, that still remains to be seen.
What do you mean? It's almost impossible to her to compete in Russia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
What do you mean? It's almost impossible to her to compete in Russia.

I mean competing for Ukraine in some tournament in Russia. Will she be 'remembered' or will she be given a clean slate?

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I mean competing for Ukraine in some tournament in Russia. Will she be 'remembered' or will she be given a clean slate?

I understand, but Ukrainian sportsmen can't compete in Russia. It's not allowed.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I understand, but Ukrainian sportsmen can't compete in Russia. It's not allowed.

Why is that? PM if you want so as not to clutter this thread with political discussions.

Anyway, better for Shabotova this way.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
One more start
Volvo Open Cup
http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo40th/CAT006EN.HTM

Kseniia SINITSINA is also in entries list

Thanks. From the chat during the Russian Cup stage 2 competition I've learned Shabotova still trains at Snow Leopards, any confirmation possible?
From other sources I've learned Snow Leopards is first and foremost a hockey club and the figure skaters only have limited ice time.
What are the chances of Shabotova being send away to train elsewhere at her own expense when things get crowded during figure skating ice?