Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anastasia Shabotova

4 Not allowed!
    From some interview with Sveta Panova I remember that their ice time in Snow leopards is organized in such manner that they have ice trainings each day four hours from 7:00/8:00 to 11:00/12:00, then girls have school and boys start hockey trainings. I dont think its so limited. Its basically half of adult work shift, key time in school day and also time when kids should be most active. In Khrustalnyj I think they have usually 2x1,5 hours per day per group training, which is even less ice time.
    I dont think Nasta will be send away. Its her "home"rink, her school and as long as ukraine fs authorities and her parents will pay costs, theres no rational reason to kick anybody out.

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deripashka View Post
    From some interview with Sveta Panova I remember that their ice time in Snow leopards is organized in such manner that they have ice trainings each day four hours from 7:00/8:00 to 11:00/12:00, then girls have school and boys start hockey trainings. I dont think its so limited. Its basically half of adult work shift, key time in school day and also time when kids should be most active. In Khrustalnyj I think they have usually 2x1,5 hours per day per group training, which is even less ice time.
    I dont think Nasta will be send away. Its her "home"rink, her school and as long as ukraine fs authorities and her parents will pay costs, theres no rational reason to kick anybody out.
    My thoughts.
    I think, her main problem now can be lack of competitions, as she can't compete in Russia. But we can see, that she can compete out of Russia. May be not so strong competitors, but judges can be more fair.

Alyona Kostornaya - skating off into the unknown.. Edwin's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
    My thoughts.
    I think, her main problem now can be lack of competitions, as she can't compete in Russia. But we can see, that she can compete out of Russia. May be not so strong competitors, but judges can be more fair.
    Yes, because she is still dragged though the mud in the chats to those live streams. But on the other hand, she is silently feared for her imminent triksel(s) and perhaps a quad and her 'release' by FFKKR is also questioned. All water flown under the bridge, there will be no return of Anastasiya to compete in Russian uniform, probably not even at friendly club level. One can only wish she isn't being harassed in Snow Leopards, even though the balance has shifted.

Tripping on the Podium Giltedge's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Anastasiya's short programme skate at today's Ice Star event, Minsk

https://youtu.be/JUtwbSGpFp0

Nice skate (and dress) with a little fumble (mis-grasp) on the final spin.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    So, we can see in protocols, that she was almost clean. But her PCS are so low...
    I hope judges we'll be more fair tomorrow.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
    So, we can see in protocols, that she was almost clean. But her PCS are so low...
    I hope judges we'll be more fair tomorrow.
    They seemed to be somewhat down-marking everybody today. Let's see what judge behaviour looks like tomorrow.

And at Anastasiya's next tournament... which is in Tallinn, perhaps?

Anyway, let us await a clean triple axel

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Yep, Tallinn.
    I think, the main purpose of this tournament for Nastia is to get minimal TES. All the rest is not that important for now.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's time to change first post. I mean, it's time to change the country she represents.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giltedge View Post
    Anastasiya's short programme skate at today's Ice Star event, Minsk

https://youtu.be/JUtwbSGpFp0

Nice skate (and dress) with a little fumble (mis-grasp) on the final spin.
    It's great to see her compete again. But even with the mistake the score was ridiculously low..

1 Not allowed!
    Good clean freeskate by Anastasiya to a 007 theme. Hair in a bun. Judging still on the miserly side.

1 174.76 116.03 65.09 50.94 6.67 6.17 6.25 6.42 6.33

2 Not allowed!
    Here is the video (a little blurry).

https://youtu.be/8u6zqdw3FGY

Alyona Kostornaya - skating off into the unknown.. Edwin's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Neither triksels nor quads she threw, but otherwise her free skate routine looked reasonably solid.

Any idea which coach was with her, since there were quite a lot of UKR girls competing?

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    I think, she was with someone from Ukraine. But she is still with Panova.

Edit. I'm surprised, but she was with Panova in Minsk.
    https://i.imgur.com/R5CMHlL.jpg

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    When is her next competition?

Also, I sincerely hope that she isn’t lowballed in components just because of that joke she made against Eteri’s girls in Russia. I have a bad feeling that this girl will get crappy scores because of that joke and because she isn’t from a big skating federation.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post

Also, I sincerely hope that she isn’t lowballed in components just because of that joke she made against Eteri’s girls in Russia. I have a bad feeling that this girl will get crappy scores because of that joke and because she isn’t from a big skating federation.
    Hey, did Oksana Baiul get "crappy scores" because she wasn't from a big skating federation? Complain when there really will be something to complain about.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post

Probably some small way we as fans and supporters can help is to resist keep mentioning it. There'll be plenty of others who will try to trawl it up repeatedly, for various reasons, particularly as OG season approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by flanker View Post
    Hey, did Oksana Baiul get "crappy scores" because she wasn't from a big skating federation? Complain when there really will be something to complain about.
    Mention of Oksana Baiul prompted me to go back to some of her remarkable competitions and performances from the 90s. Wow!

[Thanks to Anastasiya for the indulgence.]

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by flanker View Post
    In 1994 Ukrainian federation wasn't that small.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234