2018 Senior Grand Prix Final: GP Predictions Game Round 7 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Senior Grand Prix Final: GP Predictions Game Round 7

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
this game was so much fun! i can't believe it's over :noshake: what's next? euros? (i fear I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms)

Oh no, you don't have to wait that long. We have the whole of the National Championships Predictions Game before that! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally re-checked scores in the spreadsheet, here are Pairs' results - please do not hesitate to PM me if something still does not add up! Sincere apologies to those 7 players whose scores I botched, especially Klarnet's who by these 10 pts will tie up for bronze overall it looks like:)

Just letting everybody know that the Hall Of Fame thread has been updated to reflect the changes to the Pairs results.

The corrections didn't actually make much difference the Top 10 finishing positions in Pairs. The only change was that Klarnet was added to the list of players in 10[SUP]th[/SUP] position.

You are correct that Klarnet also gained an overall Predictions Game medal out of this correction.

BUT, since Klarnet had been alone in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the overall Predictions Game results, that means everybody below moved up a place. And two players now entered the Top 10 as a result - Hyena and, erm, NoNameFace!!! :laugh:

So, Klarnet spotting this mistake has been beneficial to you too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is it going to be in The Edge section like the GP prediction game?

Yes and no.

The original plan was to have a Predictions Game consisting of 7 rounds:

1. 4 Nationals Championships (13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 16[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  2. Italian Championships (15[SUP]th[/SUP] – 16[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  3. Russian Championships (19[SUP]th[/SUP] – 24 [SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  4. Japanese Championships (20[SUP]th[/SUP] – 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  5. South Korean Championships (11[SUP]th[/SUP] – 13[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)
  6. Canadian Championships (13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 20[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)
  7. American Championships (19[SUP]th[/SUP] – 27[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)

But, we were informed yesterday that it will instead just comprise the Big 4 (RUS, JPN, CAN, USA). And this will be in The Edge.

HOWEVER, since everything was already prepared for this week's competitions, the OP of the 4 Nationals thread in the competition forum has decided to hold a "Just For Fun" Predictions Game within that thread.

I don't know if anything will be happening for Italy or South Korea though.

So, in summary, yes the National Championships Predictions Game will be in The Edge.

But, there may be other stand-alone Predictions Games in the Competition Forum.

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Just letting everybody know that the Hall Of Fame thread has been updated to reflect the changes to the Pairs results.

The corrections didn't actually make much difference the Top 10 finishing positions in Pairs. The only change was that Klarnet was added to the list of players in 10[SUP]th[/SUP] position.

You are correct that Klarnet also gained an overall Predictions Game medal out of this correction.

BUT, since Klarnet had been alone in 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the overall Predictions Game results, that means everybody below moved up a place. And two players now entered the Top 10 as a result - Hyena and, erm, NoNameFace!!! :laugh:

So, Klarnet spotting this mistake has been beneficial to you too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

**crying ugly tears**:hopelessness:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Oh no, you don't have to wait that long. We have the whole of the National Championships Predictions Game before that! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

i love you (and your tireless staff) even more :love:

Yes and no.

The original plan was to have a Predictions Game consisting of 7 rounds:

1. 4 Nationals Championships (13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 16[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  2. Italian Championships (15[SUP]th[/SUP] – 16[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  3. Russian Championships (19[SUP]th[/SUP] – 24 [SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  4. Japanese Championships (20[SUP]th[/SUP] – 24[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2018)
  5. South Korean Championships (11[SUP]th[/SUP] – 13[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)
  6. Canadian Championships (13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 20[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)
  7. American Championships (19[SUP]th[/SUP] – 27[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2019)

But, we were informed yesterday that it will instead just comprise the Big 4 (RUS, JPN, CAN, USA). And this will be in The Edge.

HOWEVER, since everything was already prepared for this week's competitions, the OP of the 4 Nationals thread in the competition forum has decided to hold a "Just For Fun" Predictions Game within that thread.

I don't know if anything will be happening for Italy or South Korea though.

So, in summary, yes the National Championships Predictions Game will be in The Edge.

But, there may be other stand-alone Predictions Games in the Competition Forum.

CaroLiza_fan

i'm running there!:hap57:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GOLD: anna gabriela, Bluish Hush, CanadianSkaterGuy, Danny T, danse, gizmo, kathisteff, lichi, lutz, noraa, readernick, semosk8tfan, Skater Boy, skylark, snowflake, TTM, zebobes and Ziotic with score of160 points:hb::cheer:

My first medal for the GPF, and it's gold! :hap93: Very fun, satisfying feeling, esp considering this was the first predictions game I played this year, and I think my intuition was a little rusty.

I'm all the happier because I predicted Peng :love: Jin to win a medal; this was a combination intuitive/wishful thinking!:luv17::clap:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
2018-19 Senior Grand Prix Final: GP Predictions Game Round 7

I did absolutely terribly because I just picked who I wanted. Absolutely terrible. Was not a good competition. Full stop [emoji23]

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did absolutely terribly because I just picked who I wanted. Absolutely terrible. Was not a good competition. Full stop [emoji23]

That "non-strategy" gets mixed results, but at least it's more fun to throw a monkey wrench into what is expected. My monkey-wrench predictions are often who I want, and it is fun when it works. I like surprises.