Elite Skater families | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elite Skater families

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
Anett Pötzsch's (1980 Olympic, World and European Champion) daughter Claudia Rauschenbach was a three time German pairs Champion with none other than Robin Szolkowy. Rauschenbach is also not only the daughter of Pötzsch, but also the niece of Katarina Witt. Talk about a figure skating family... :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not sure if a thread has already been made for them but who are The elite skaters (current and maybe a few years ago) who had elite skaters as parents?

Ones that come to mind: Ivan Bukin (Andrei Bukin), Anthony Ponomarenko (Sergei Ponomarenko), Artur Dimitriev Jr. (Artur Dimitriev), Fedor Andreev (Marina Zueva). I can only seem to think of Russians, lol. Any more elite skaters with elite parents? Or ones up and coming on the Junior Circuit?

I think I would add Anthony's mom Marina Klimova lol. Especially since they look alike.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Gilles Family - Piper, Todd, & another sister (whose name escapes me right now)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Gilles Family - Piper, Todd, & another sister (whose name escapes me right now)

You're thinking of Alexe, who followed her twin sister in switching to represent Canada. Although, they have a younger sister who as far as I know doesn't skate. But, she looks so much like Piper and Alexe that you would be forgiven for thinking that they are triplets!

Oh, and Alexe was over here a couple of weeks ago! She posted a pile of photos of the Giant's Causeway! :biggrin:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're thinking of Alexe, who followed her twin sister in switching to represent Canada. Although, they have a younger sister who as far as I know doesn't skate. But, she looks so much like Piper and Alexe that you would be forgiven for thinking that they are triplets!

Oh, and Alexe was over here a couple of weeks ago! She posted a pile of photos of the Giant's Causeway! :biggrin:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

They also had a brother who was an ice dancer competing for the US.

Weathergal

Medalist
They also had a brother who was an ice dancer competing for the US.

That was Todd, who iluvtodd and CaroLiza_fan mentioned earlier. He competed with Jane Summerset for a while and later competed with Emily Samuelson for a season after she and Evan Bates split.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was Todd, who CaroLiza_fan mentioned earlier. He competed with Jane Summerset for a while and later competed with Emily Samuelson for a season after she and Evan Bates split.

Just a small correction. It wasn't me that mentioned Todd - it was actually iluvtodd. Since her question was about the girls, I only talked about them in my answer.

Don't want to be taking any credit away from her, like. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Weathergal

Medalist
Just a small correction. It wasn't me that mentioned Todd - it was actually iluvtodd. Since her question was about the girls, I only talked about them in my answer.

CaroLiza_fan

Whoops! Thanks for correction! Added iluvtodd to my post.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

CaroLiza_fan

No problem! We're all supporting each other! :biggrin:

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Do siblings count too? Shibutanis and Kerrs and .. many of thoses sibliings in dance and pairs. And Jorik&Luna hendrickx

...ok. It was about parents.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Do siblings count too? Shibutanis and Kerrs and .. many of thoses sibliings in dance and pairs. And Jorik&Luna hendrickx

...ok. It was about parents.

Seems quite common in Japan. Apart from Nobuo Sato, his wife Kumiko Sato, and their daughter Yuka, we have Mura Senior (Takashi) and Mura Junior (Takahito), Nobunari Oda and his mum Noriko Oda, and the famous Kozuka dynasty. I believe Rika Hongo's mum was also a figure skater who competed at national level.

tjskate

Rinkside
Jean-Luc Baker - his mom Sharon Jones Baker was the 1985-1988 British ice dance champion with Paul Ashkam, and placed 13th at the 1988 Olympics. His dad, Steve Baker, was a British pairs skater who competed at the 1975 World Junior championships.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
What about sisters Caydee and Haven Denney?

(And their parents DeeDee and Bryan Denneyare former US Champions in artistic roller skating)

nancela

Rinkside
Don't forget the Hughes sisters: Sarah Hughes, 2002 Ladies' Olympic gold medalist and Emily Hughes, Ladies' US Olympic team member in 2006 after Michele Kwan withdrew. She went on to place seventh.