Javier Fernandez Confirms Retirement | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez Confirms Retirement

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to Javi on an awesome career! One of the most charismatic skaters (in a field of typically classical skaters) that brought a level of showmanship to his programs that made him entertaining and not just competitive. Also wonderful to see him literally put his skating federation on the map, and have a long career that could inspire any skater to continue to improve up the ranks from the back of the pack to two World titles and an Olympic bronze and 7 Euros titles. :clap: All the best to him in his retirement!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
What an amazing career he had. And he brought so much joy to the skating.

It will feel empty without him.

kenboy123

On the Ice
I honestly thought he already retired, but was surprised he skated at all this season...i also thought Hanyu had retired too for some reason...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's a show called Fire on Ice. The main star will be Jozef Sabovčík who will retire from ice shows (at the age of 55).
It's on the 6th November in Ostrava, Czech Republic and on the 7th November in Bratislava, Slovakia.
You can buy tickets here: Ostrava, Bratislava. They even have an Instagram account and Javi made a short invitation.
There was an article about the show in Czech newspapers and an interview with Jozef Sabovčík and there was also a short message from Javi. He said he is going to be very busy but he made time for this show with his friends and that he had nice memories of Ostrava and Bratislava (no wonder when he won the 4th and 5th European title there ;) ) I'm 100 % going and already looking forward to it! Javi and Tomáš Verner, what can I wish more :hap10:

Thanks so much for the info, those are exactly the shows I was looking for! :hap85: Now I just need to drop the boyfriend some subtle hints that a weekend in Bratislava would be the perfect birthday present this year.