Bohemian Rhapsody | Golden Skate

Bohemian Rhapsody

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone else been to see this movie? I went yesterday and I loved it, it was brilliant, but then I'm a huge fan of Queen's music and I loved how masterfully so many different tracks were woven into the story. (Though it means I won't be able to listen to Who Wants To Live Forever and Love of My Life without bursting into tears for a while).

The Live Aid sequence was incredible and all the wonderful little details made it really feel like I was there with the band.

Ross74

Medalist
I really enjoyed this movie and just wanted to get up and dance at the end. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed it, too! Don’t get why it got so many negative reviews :noshake:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Didn't even know this film was out there until another poster mentioned it in another thread a few weeks ago.

I thought it was a great movie. I saw it on a true IMAX screen and it was well worth it.

The sound was incredible and the Live Aid recreation at the end of the movie made you feel like you were there.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really enjoyed this movie and just wanted to get up and dance at the end. :)

I was in a fairly empty showing (deliberately chosen by me) but during both the We Will Rock You scene and the Live Aid rendition of Radio Gaga you could hear the rest of the theatre furtively clapping to the beat as though caught between "but it's a movie theatre!" and "BUT IT'S QUEEN".

I really enjoyed it, too! Don’t get why it got so many negative reviews :noshake:

People didn't like it because they messed with the timeline and some of the drama (like the band breaking up) was pure fiction. I liked it because it still told a story of the four misfit brothers playing to and belonging to the misfits in the back of the room.

Plus, you know, IT'S A METAPHOR, BRIAN.