Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019 | Golden Skate

Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019

Sam L

Medalist
Just saw that both will be in Oct, I'm expecting to be in USA/Canada in October next year, so I'd like to attend one. This means I miss out on Montreal Worlds for 2020 and I'm guessing Skate Canada won't be in Montreal? I've never been to Canada so I have to visit Montreal. I hope Skate America is in a good location on the east coast as I'm concentrating on staying east coast. Base is NYC where I'll get free accommodation. :)

When will we know?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just saw that both will be in Oct, I'm expecting to be in USA/Canada in October next year, so I'd like to attend one. This means I miss out on Montreal Worlds for 2020 and I'm guessing Skate Canada won't be in Montreal? I've never been to Canada so I have to visit Montreal. I hope Skate America is in a good location on the east coast as I'm concentrating on staying east coast. Base is NYC where I'll get free accommodation. :)

When will we know?

They have already announced that Skate Canada will be in Kelowna, B.C.
https://skatecanada.ca/2018/10/kelowna-to-host-2019-skate-canada-international/

They haven't announced Skate America yet.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

When will we know?

Last year, SA was announced in mid-November, so I'm not sure why there is a delay. I hope we get an announcement before years' end.

Too bad you won't be going to Worlds in 2020. I went to Montreal (Laval) for this year's Skate Canada and definitely want to see more of the city.

Sam L

Medalist
Last year, SA was announced in mid-November, so I'm not sure why there is a delay. I hope we get an announcement before years' end.

Too bad you won't be going to Worlds in 2020. I went to Montreal (Laval) for this year's Skate Canada and definitely want to see more of the city.

Lucky you, I will go to Montreal for sure, I just won't be there for Worlds. :p Montreal looks stunning in autumn.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are there smaller venues besides TD Garden that would be suitable for a SA sized audience, like less than 10k seats?

Actually Providence Civic center is smaller. I don't know the size of the Boston skating center where Ashley Wagner is a coach. And then 20 miles from Boston is the Marlborough skating rink. Oksana Bauil and Ilia Kulik trained there. It's a nice location with a large shopping mall a mile away.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
SCOB I believe

Yes, Ashley is coaching at SCoB. It’s a nice facility to skate at but not enough seating for a competition like Skate America, I believe.

There are several collegiate rinks in Boston proper that I think would be appropriate, like Agganis Arena at BU which seats 7,200.

Giselle

Medalist
Still no news about Skate America 2019? Any rumor? I hope that it will be announced soon.

I might be in the North America in October 2019 and Kelowna is not really convient for me. I guess I'll have to make plans for Strasbourg GPF.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Actually Providence Civic center is smaller. I don't know the size of the Boston skating center where Ashley Wagner is a coach. And then 20 miles from Boston is the Marlborough skating rink. Oksana Bauil and Ilia Kulik trained there. It's a nice location with a large shopping mall a mile away.

When was this? Baiul, Petrenko, G&G, Yagudin etc (and later Kulik) trained in Simsbury CT and nearby Newington and Cromwell CT. The Petrenkos and former coach Galina moved later to Wayne NJ and Baiul to nearby NYC eventually.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When was this? Baiul, Petrenko, G&G, Yagudin etc (and later Kulik) trained in Simsbury CT and nearby Newington and Cromwell CT. The Petrenkos and former coach Galina moved later to Wayne NJ and Baiul to nearby NYC eventually.

I know that Kulik trained in Marlborough, MA when he won the Olympics, because the local papers carried it. I'm not sure when Oksana trained there, I'll have to ask my friends whose children train there for hockey.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no news about Skate America 2019? Any rumor? I hope that it will be announced soon.

I might be in the North America in October 2019 and Kelowna is not really convient for me. I guess I'll have to make plans for Strasbourg GPF.

I hope Skate America is east coast, Kelowna is not good for me either.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I hope Skate America is east coast, Kelowna is not good for me either.

Me too. If it's East Coast I might give it a whirl and try to find an affordable AirBnB or something. I can get to most locations on this coast pretty easily from NYC so fingers crossed.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I won't be going to Skate America, but Skate Canada is perfect. It's only a four hour drive from Vancouver. I won't be buying tickets until the GP assignments are out, though.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Still crickets about SA. Hope they will announce early in the new year. I'm not going to Kelowna, I looked into it but flying from the east coast is expensive and there are no direct flights.

I would love Boston or Providence for SA - fingers crossed it will be on the east coast and easy to travel to (ie. no Lake Placid).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I won't be going to Skate America, but Skate Canada is perfect. It's only a four hour drive from Vancouver. I won't be buying tickets until the GP assignments are out, though.

Any particular favorite that you hope will be assigned there?