2019 European Championships: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Ladies' Pregame Chat

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
2019 European Figure Skating Championships: Ladies
Jan 21-27, 2019
Minsk, Belarus

General constructive discussion including injuries, updates, program changes, withdrawals, substitutes, etc.

Please do not discuss/compare skater(s) who are not competing in this event.

This thread will be moved to the Competi
tion Forum approximately five days prior to the start of the event.

Thanks and enjoy!

Entries as of 1/14/19

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirti

Medalist
2019 Europeans: Ladies' Pregame Chat

As the minimum Technical Element Score (TES) should be reached 21 days before the beginning of the Championships, the next chance for skaters to qualify is already next week at the Golden Spin. Nevertheless, only a few skaters are concerned and we already have a good idea on how many skaters from which countries will compete at Europeans.

Nirti

Medalist
Angelina Kuchvalska failed to reach 23 TES points at Short Program.

Nirti

Medalist
So frustrating for Kuchvalska, her free skating was widely better in Zagreb.

No other lady today : Rivkina was close (38 points), but Vandersarren (32 points) and Letenayova (30 points) far.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
As British Nationals have passed all the potential British entrants are confirmed. According to NISA I think they all reached the minimums.

Nirti

Medalist
As British Nationals have passed all the potential British entrants are confirmed. According to NISA I think they all reached the minimums.

So Natasha McKay for Ladies? I don't know if they chose the national champion or if they look at the best season's scores?

Nirti

Medalist
Uptaded with a 37 lady for Ukraine : no come-back from Khnychenkova at Ukrainian Nationals, but one from Gozhva! She reached the TES last season.

scoty

Rinkside
Ladies pre-pre-pre gaming chats!

I know we have a good while, but I need something to pass the time before it’s time for lovely holiday festivities...

We all know the Russians, French, Finns, Hendrickx, and Paganini are all favoured to land in the top 10... I am wondering who could make a splash and land in the top 5-6, possibly medal on a good day...

I would love to see Toth do extremely well, I have had a soft spot for her for a number of years, and I just loved that hard rock programme. I’d also like to see Brezinova have a nice finish after missing the Olympics last year.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Uptaded with a 37 lady for Ukraine : no come-back from Khnychenkova at Ukrainian Nationals, but one from Gozhva! She reached the TES last season.

Also, I think host nation can entry one candidate per discipline no matter if they reach the TES minimum (so Belarus should have ladies representative), but i'm not sure tho???

Nirti

Medalist
Also, I think host nation can entry one candidate per discipline no matter if they reach the TES minimum (so Belarus should have ladies representative), but i'm not sure tho???

I've not read any rule in this way. I'm not sure the case already happened, in 2014 we had no hungarian girl at Euros in Budapest, the same year no bulgarian girl at Junior Worlds in Sofia, but I don't remember the local context.
If I'm right, the ISU council (?) can exceptionnaly let a skater enter an event without having reached the minimum TES, but I don't think it already happened.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I've not read any rule in this way. I'm not sure the case already happened, in 2014 we had no hungarian girl at Euros in Budapest, the same year no bulgarian girl at Junior Worlds in Sofia, but I don't remember the local context.
If I'm right, the ISU council (?) can exceptionnaly let a skater enter an event without having reached the minimum TES, but I don't think it already happened.

You are probably right. I have last Olympics in my mind where non qualifed Korean pairs have free quota to compete as hosts. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i love ivet, but she can't be clean in both programs to save her own life, so getting on the podium is out of the picture. brezinova could end up in top 6, but i think kostner, if she's clean (and back from her injury) and russians aren't, could sneak in (not higher than bronze though)

Ziotic

Medalist
I think even a somewhat clean Caro would easily win over Stasya and Sofia, she has huge GOEs which I’m sure can only increase with the new scoring and her PCS will be unmatched.

If she was, by some miracle clean, she could also beat Zag as we saw at 2017 worlds in he SP.

I think Loena could also best Sofia and Stasya if either make mistakes and Loena clean.

Loena finished higher than Stasya at worlds 2017.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think Sofia has huge chances to medal. Carolina just got back on the ice, right? So she's lost a good chunk of training time. I would think the Russian lady she'd be most likely to knock off the podium is Stanislava.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Caro is out of the europeans :slink:

Aaaaall aboard Loena's train :hap85: