2019 European Championships: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Ladies' Pregame Chat

Country
Norway
I don't know... Since 2012 we have alternative between Russian sweep and two Russians plus Caro on the podium ;). So nothing new.
I would even say that this year's Europeans are more exciting than last years as there is no certain winner. Any Russian girl can win. Still count on the French and Finnish however :)

I agree with you, things are more exciting, because the winner isn´t certain. Either way, I think it´s a bit sad that a figure skating event will be "boring" just because some of the best skaters aren´t going. There is still a lot of talented and beautiful skaters to watch, and either way, European championship is a high-level competition, so one still get to see a lot of good performances. Every skater has been training hard in their own way for this competition, with different skills and level. Although I am sad not too see Carolina, Evgenia and Loena this year, I look forward to seeing new ones and watching new programs :) This event can never get boring in my opinion, or yes, maybe if the game was to predictable all the way and everyone would be doing the same programs as before, but that will not be the case.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Some of the Russian ladies should move to Belgium.

And I agree, boring: No Caro, no Loena, no Elizaveta. :(.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Agree with the others that this will be a somewhat snoozy event. But I wonder how Konstantinova handles being #1 senior after Nationals versus third entry. Will she crumble under the pressure or rise to the occasion :think:?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not sure any of the Russian ladies a\right now are clearly no 1 and because of puberty issues I wouldn't be surprised if the finnish or french or Swiss take a medal at Euros. I am worried about Liza she was looking good this year now I am not so sure.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think Alina is a clear number 1 of Russian ladies.

Yes, she finished 5th at Nationals, as the #2 senior. But it was only by less than a point, and with her usual level of skating, she likely would've won.
She is also the GPF silver medalist, won both her GP events, and won a challenger this year. And of course, she is the Olympic champion. She's doing the hardest tech content of anyone at Euros.

The only medal I can really see going to anyone else but a Russian lady is possibly Viveca, if Stanislava has a bad competition, because Viveca beat her once this season (albeit barely). But there, Viveca was mainly clean, and Stanislava was very messy. So if Stanislava is even just a bit cleaner than there, she will beat out Viveca most likely. And I can't see the French ladies, Emmi, or Alexia getting a medal. JMHO.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I am worried about Liza she was looking good this year now I am not so sure.

She’s recovering and hopefully will participate at Worlds. Other than Sofia who has been capitalizing on each opportunity this season, the other two could do very well one day but then possibly splat and be off the podium the next, based on past competitions. If Liza was participating here in her form shown this season, she would have likely won.

icetug

Medalist
I think Alina is a clear number 1 of Russian ladies.

Yes, she finished 5th at Nationals, as the #2 senior. But it was only by less than a point, and with her usual level of skating, she likely would've won.
She is also the GPF silver medalist, won both her GP events, and won a challenger this year. And of course, she is the Olympic champion. She's doing the hardest tech content of anyone at Euros.

The only medal I can really see going to anyone else but a Russian lady is possibly Viveca, if Stanislava has a bad competition, because Viveca beat her once this season (albeit barely). But there, Viveca was mainly clean, and Stanislava was very messy. So if Stanislava is even just a bit cleaner than there, she will beat out Viveca most likely. And I can't see the French ladies, Emmi, or Alexia getting a medal. JMHO.

Sure. Assuming flawless performances of every ladies, the winner is obvious and it's Alina. And the Russian sweep is inevitable.
I wish every lady the best possible performance as I like them all (and have a soft spot for Sofia as you know). But we are not living in ideal world. What is great, by the way. Ideal is boring.
I don't think Russian gold and silver is at risk. What I hope for is a stunning performance of a lady we don't count on at the moment. Just to shake the field - and create a new star. It can be Stasya :dev3: or Alexia (or Emmi or Eliska or any other girl). As I said - I like them all and want them to shine.

Country
Russia
Ladies in order of ISU Season Best.
In () - other best only if no Season Best.
1 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS 238.43
2 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 204.33
3 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS 197.57
4 Viveca LINDFORS FIN 187.19
5 Alexia PAGANINI SUI 182.50
6 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK (179.70, this season 137.44)
7 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 178.89
8 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 172.41
9 Emmi PELTONEN FIN 172.02
10 Ekaterina RYABOVA AZE 171.10
11 Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA SUI 164.68
12 Pernille SORENSEN DEN 161.58
13 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER 157.45
14 Anastasiya GALUSTYAN ARM 155.70
15 Nicole SCHOTT GER 154.83
16 Ivett TOTH HUN 153.35
17 Anita ÖSTLUND SWE 151.69
18 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 150.18
19 Dasa GRM SLO 150.13
20 Alexandra FEIGIN BUL 147.53
21 Natasha MCKAY GBR 146.01
22 Paulina RAMANAUSKAITE LTU 141.40
23 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 139.77
24 Kyarha VAN TIEL NED 139.56
25 Anastasia GOZHVA UKR (139.22)
26 Silvia HUGEC SVK 136.30
27 Valentina MATOS ESP 135.16
28 Lucrezia GENNARO ITA (134.18, this season 148.47)
29 Julia SAUTER ROU 133.00
30 Elzbieta GABRYSZAK POL 132.46
31 Antonina DUBININA SRB 130.36
32 Sophia SCHALLER AUT 130.05
33 Hana CVIJANOVIC CRO 126.25
34 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 120.34
35 Elizabete JUBKANE LAT 114.72
36 Lara Naki GUTMANN ITA 106.39 (non-ISU 150.37)

The same in entry list at Entries/Results.

Last edited:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
On the non-isu side of scores, the season best of Lucrezia Gennaro is 148.47, from the Denkova-Staviski Cup, while Lara Naki Gutmann was at 150.37 at the Bosporus Cup, if we don't consider nationals (156.54).

Just adding that because that 106 of Lara is a bit misleading, even with all the UR's struggling she's going trough.

Country
Norway
On the non-isu side of scores, the season best of Lucrezia Gennaro is 148.47, from the Denkova-Staviski Cup, while Lara Naki Gutmann was at 150.37 at the Bosporus Cup, if we don't consider nationals (156.54).

Just adding that because that 106 of Lara is a bit misleading, even with all the UR's struggling she's going trough.

I think a lot of those scores are misleading. I´m almost certain the results will be very different. For example, like you know the score for these other girls, I also know that Camilla Gjersem season best is 144 from Minsk Ice Star. The 120 was from Finlandia Trophy which didn´t go well at all. Also all the other scores the rest season has been better then 120.

Also because just 24 skaters will go to the free program, it will be a lot more interesting just looking at the seasons best for the SP. Skaters who for example struggles with the SP but have a much better FS this season, and could be listed as one of the 24 best by now, will not necessary qualify for the FS. I think that´s the main reason that this list with the combined total score is a bit misleading. I think the difference between the qualifyers for FS and the ones who won´t qualify will be very very low, so maybe there will be about 10 ladies which has to fight for the last qualifying spots.

I´m very very unsure if Camilla will qualify for the FS, she may have a chance if she has a good skate like in Minsk and others makes small mistakes, but if she´s having a troublesome SP, I really doubt she will make it. I´m really crossing my fingers though, because I really wan´t to see her FS in her new beautiful dress :)

npavel

On the Ice
Let's all cheer for the Finnish ladies, may one of them get the skate of her life (and finish on the podium you can always dream, can't you?) :luv17:

Country
Russia
Let's all cheer for the Finnish ladies, may one of them get the skate of her life (and finish on the podium you can always dream, can't you?) :luv17:
Viveca may do it. Emmi mistakes this season too much.

And don't forget Alexia Paganini - she skates good this season.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Viveca has not really skated absolutely clean FS. Both Finns have skated clean SP:s several times, but I think never really clean FS. In Finlandia Trophy Viveca, If I remember right, had done 3-2 instead on 3-3 at the second part of the program. It is not mistake, but not clean if we think what she has planned and I think was there were also some small mistakes. But I am sure one the young skaters - or why not even some of exprienced skaters surprises, as always. Anybody can exceed oneself, skate clean and maybe get 20 points more than never before - just as Viveca did at Finlandia. I though hope everybody skate clean and may the best skaters medal. It is so pleasant to watch clean programs.

Country
Norway
I have made a list of the SB scores for the SP only. I have included all competitions so far this season, also including nationals and small competitions in the beginning of the season. I have found the results from rinkresults. I think it´s quite interesting because wee see that there is like 15-20 skaters which have their SB about 50-59 points, so i´m guessing everyone with a SB around 50-55 could be fighting for getting a spot in FS. Also there is 12 skaters with SB in the SP with scores over 60!! I know this is only the best scores, and that they will drop due to the judges having high standards and that nerves and other factors will contribute to that skaters will make mistakes in the programs. Just still, I get a feeling that, according to the list, the scores overall will be higher then last year.

1. Alina Zagitova 80.78
2. Stanislava Konstantinova 74.40
3. Sofia Samodurova 71.82
4. Laurine Lecavelier 67.76
5. Mae B Meite 66.58
6. Viveca Lindfors 63.56
7.Alexia Paganini 63.43
8.Nicole Schott 62.59
9.Ivett Toth 61.70
10.Alexandra Feigin 61.04
11.Emmi Peltonen 60.48
12. Nathalie Weinzierl 60.38
13. Yasmine Yamada 58.78
14. Ekaterina Ryabova 57.28
15. Gerli Liinamäe 56.57
16.Valentina Matos 56.46
17. Eliska Brezinova 56.10
18. Pernille Sørensen 55.71
19. Silvia Hugec 55.50
20. Lara Naki Gutmann 55.37
21. Natasha Mckay 53.75
22. Lucrezia Gennaro 53.13
23. Dasa Grm 53.09
24. Anita östlund 52.91
25. Elzbieta Gabryzak 52.53
26. Anastasia Galustyan 52.39
27. Julia Sauter 51.77
28. Hana Cvijanovic 51.76
29. Sofia Schaller 51.30
30. Camilla Gjersem 51.19
31. Antonina Dubinina 50.47
32. Paulina Ramanauskaite 49.14
33. Kiara Van Tiel 48.99
34. Nicole Rajicova 48.18
35. Anastasiya Gozhva 47.54
36. Elizabete Jubkane 46.03

Also I´m wondering about Rajicova. She got the 6th place last year, and as far as I can see she just had one competition so far this season where the scores was 48.18 in the SP. Has she been injuried? I´m hoping and guessing that she will do better in Euros for sure, but get a bit worried when I see here SB this season.

Edit: For some reason I had not got the right score for Samodurova. Now it´s updated :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Also I´m wondering about Rajicova. She got the 6th place last year, and as far as I can see she just had one competition so far this season where the scores was 48.18 in the SP. Has she been injuried? I´m hoping and guessing that she will do better in Euros for sure, but get a bit worried when I see here SB this season.

I won't expect much from Nicole, she skipped the first half of the season, there was no report of injury, I think she just needed a break after the Oly season, so she is probably not long back into full training - judging by her form at 4Nats. But I feared that she decided to retire so looking forward to seeing her skate next week. Go Nicole!!!

Just found her recent video on Instagram - she is in a great shape! :hap85:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJbAz-Bddk/

Country
Norway
I won't expect much from Nicole, she skipped the first half of the season, there was no report of injury, I think she just needed a break after the Oly season, so she is probably not long back into full training - judging by her form at 4Nats. But I feared that she decided to retire so looking forward to seeing her skate next week. Go Nicole!!!

Just found her recent video on Instagram - she is in a great shape! :hap85:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJbAz-Bddk/

Thank´s for the update, looks like she´s getting in good shape again. I saw some videos from the 4Nats and the jumps looked a bit shaky, so I was a bit surprised, because her jumps looked so effortless the last season. But if she just started training and missed the first part of the season it make sense. She has a good fundament so I guess we can expect better things with just some weeks of training. We can´t expect the same as last season maybe, but I still think she could make good performance and that she will qualify for the FS for sure.

All good luck to Nicole! She will be one of the mysterious for this Euros. I´m also guessing she will be in the first group after the results so far?

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thank´s for the update, looks like she´s getting in good shape again. I saw some videos from the 4Nats and the jumps looked a bit shaky, so I was a bit surprised, because her jumps looked so effortless the last season. But if she just started training and missed the first part of the season it make sense. She has a good fundament so I guess we can expect better things with just some weeks of training. We can´t expect the same as last season maybe, but I still think she could make good performance and that she will qualify for the FS for sure.

All good luck to Nicole! She will be one of the mysterious for this Euros. I´m also guessing she will be in the first group after the results so far?

No she will be in a penultimate group, it is not based on this season results

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, really? :eek: :palmf: Alina is a clear favorite with a huge margin.

Alina is for sure the favourite - any betting person would put money on her to win. But they would have lost it at Russian Nationals.

So she's not the certain winner. But she's clearly slated to win. I think she'll bounce back from Russian Nationals. The scoring is the most interesting thing though - I wonder if she'll still be pulling around 72 PCS or if that will bump up.