Skaters whose jump technique improved later in their careers | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters whose jump technique improved later in their careers

When? In her last season with Raf i think she got consistent calls all the season.
I must have misremembered. She did legitimate 3F+3T with him, but worked on her 3Lz with Tarasova. IDR if she got any ratified with her, though, or if they were ever good enough to not get called with her.

ETA: Aha! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...Flutzes-ever&p=1204186&viewfull=1#post1204186

A post from the thread-starter himself! I knew I was remembering something. (Those edges are definitely not good, though, (!) calls at best)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I must have misremembered. She did legitimate 3F+3T with him, but worked on her 3Lz with Tarasova. IDR if she got any ratified with her, though, or if they were ever good enough to not get called with her.

ETA: Aha! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...Flutzes-ever&p=1204186&viewfull=1#post1204186

A post from the thread-starter himself! I knew I was remembering something. (Those edges are definitely not good, though, (!) calls at best)

Surprising, as next season she wasn't even jumping triple lutz anymore. That was more a tech panel flaw than a real improvement IMO.
Aside a more consistent 3A, overall Mao regressed technically with Tarasova.

enzet

On the Ice
Surprising, as next season she wasn't even jumping triple lutz anymore. That was more a tech panel flaw than a real improvement IMO.
Aside a more consistent 3A, overall Mao regressed technically with Tarasova.

Yes, I agree this might have been one of the very few times she was actually gifted by the panel, but there definitely was some improvement on her lutz edge during her time with Tarasova. I remember some practice videos where her lutz edge really seemed to be on the outside, even though there was no counter-rotation and the jump still looked very much like a flip, she just somehow managed to tilt her edge to the outside. Unfortunately, it hadn't progressed since, until around the very end of her career.