Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Skaters whose jump technique improved later in their careers

  1. #21
    Penalty Box
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,172

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    When? In her last season with Raf i think she got consistent calls all the season.
    I must have misremembered. She did legitimate 3F+3T with him, but worked on her 3Lz with Tarasova. IDR if she got any ratified with her, though, or if they were ever good enough to not get called with her.

    ETA: Aha! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...=1#post1204186

    A post from the thread-starter himself! I knew I was remembering something. (Those edges are definitely not good, though, (!) calls at best)

  2. #22
    Bona Fide Member yume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,461
    Country: Gabon

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chopinskate View Post
    I must have misremembered. She did legitimate 3F+3T with him, but worked on her 3Lz with Tarasova. IDR if she got any ratified with her, though, or if they were ever good enough to not get called with her.

    ETA: Aha! https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...=1#post1204186

    A post from the thread-starter himself! I knew I was remembering something. (Those edges are definitely not good, though, (!) calls at best)
    Surprising, as next season she wasn't even jumping triple lutz anymore. That was more a tech panel flaw than a real improvement IMO.
    Aside a more consistent 3A, overall Mao regressed technically with Tarasova.

  3. #23
    Bona Fide Member yume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,461
    Country: Gabon

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_bee View Post
    No one has mentioned Akiko Suzuki? She's got her 3-3 at age 26.
    I didn't know that. She was really a late late late bloomer for everything then.

  4. #24
    Penalty Box
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,172

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    That was more a tech panel flaw than a real improvement IMO.
    Yes, agreed. I just remembered that this happened.

  5. #25
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    89

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    Surprising, as next season she wasn't even jumping triple lutz anymore. That was more a tech panel flaw than a real improvement IMO.
    Aside a more consistent 3A, overall Mao regressed technically with Tarasova.
    Yes, I agree this might have been one of the very few times she was actually gifted by the panel, but there definitely was some improvement on her lutz edge during her time with Tarasova. I remember some practice videos where her lutz edge really seemed to be on the outside, even though there was no counter-rotation and the jump still looked very much like a flip, she just somehow managed to tilt her edge to the outside. Unfortunately, it hadn't progressed since, until around the very end of her career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •