Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JGP free live streams boost figure skating views worldwide

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giltedge View Post
    bah, there probably goes the respectful silence at the heart of Ted's acclaimed approach. Let us see.
    I fear it as well. What is the matter with commentators who just cannot SHUT UP? Despite whatever they may think, nothing--NOTHING--they have to say is one fraction of a second as valuable as the skate taking place right at that moment. I remember Johnny Weir at the last Olympics, after an uncharacteristic few moments of blessed silence, commenting 'Ha ha, we (Tara & Terry [shudder]) haven't been talking just now--we must like (this person's) skating! Hahahahaha'. Appalling. They are all so busily self-promoting & in love with their own opinions. ~Prove me wrong, Meagan!

Bona Fide Member cheerknithanson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluture View Post
    Meagan, if you are silent during the performance we will accept and cherish you. Otherwise... not. I‘m sorry but at the moment I can‘t imagine anyone else commentating with Ted. We‘ll see.
    Cathy Reed commentated with Ted last year at the JGPF and she was respectful. Didn't talk until after the performance.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    Making it easier for people to watch skating on a convenient platform increases viewership...
    And having juniors doing quads.
    I wonder how much of the views come from Russia and Japan where (at least in Russia) figure skating is talked about on the main news.

Aspiring Adult Ice Dancer~ bunnybarista's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Just here to pronounce my undying love for Ted Barton once more, and for YouTube access to the JGP!

I like Meagan and can picture her being a respectful and energetic commentator. It's got to be tough for Ted to find something insightful to say about SO many skaters, so perhaps another perspective will keep things lively and fun for him.

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnybarista View Post
    Just here to pronounce my undying love for Ted Barton once more, and for YouTube access to the JGP!

I like Meagan and can picture her being a respectful and energetic commentator. It's got to be tough for Ted to find something insightful to say about SO many skaters, so perhaps another perspective will keep things lively and fun for him.
    Well, you called it! I completely agree with you about Ted Barton, and appreciated so much the way he and Meagan Duhamel worked together! They were never intrusive; their comments were honest, very perceptive, supportive of the skaters, and greatly instructive for me as a viewer. It was clear right away how good they were, I was so relieved and thankful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2