Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: ISU Disciplinary Commission Gamelin v Min

  1. #1
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,735
    Country: Australia

    1 Not allowed!

    ISU Disciplinary Commission Gamelin v Min


  2. #2
    On the Ice DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    367

    1 Not allowed!
    It's sad that their partnership ended this way.

  3. #3
    JULLLIEEEEETTTT! Step Sequence4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    315

    1 Not allowed!
    Well this looks messy

  4. #4
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    134

    0 Not allowed!
    Just out of morbid curiosity what would have been the disciplinary consequences if the complaint had been deemed valid?

  5. #5
    Bona Fide Member Princessroja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,744

    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, yikes. Echoing DenissVFan above, it's sad it had to end this way.

  6. #6
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    514

    0 Not allowed!
    Sad but I wonder what actually happened?

  7. #7
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    404
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSQ View Post
    Sad but I wonder what actually happened?
    Apparently, they started some sort of funding account for them. Gamelin’s parents had control over that account and it seems that none of the funds raised has been given to Yura. I think that is what caused their partnership to end: dishonesty and disloyalty.

  8. #8
    Tripping on the Podium Danny T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    987
    Country: Singapore

    0 Not allowed!
    Oh my, yikes.

    Didn't know he filed a complaint all the way to the ISU disciplinary committee. The case was dismissed due to reporting time though, so still who knew what's the truth hmm

  9. #9
    GS Supporter el henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,684
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figurefan0726 View Post
    Apparently, they started some sort of funding account for them. Gamelin’s parents had control over that account and it seems that none of the funds raised has been given to Yura. I think that is what caused their partnership to end: dishonesty and disloyalty.
    This is what Yura said in her IG after the break-up. And then she deleted it? Obviously Alexander and his parents deny this.

    No one knows what the truth is, at this point, AFAIK. Obviously a sad business

  10. #10
    On the Ice DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    367

    1 Not allowed!
    There was some Instagram drama, deleted posts etc.

  11. #11
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    514

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figurefan0726 View Post
    Apparently, they started some sort of funding account for them. Gamelin’s parents had control over that account and it seems that none of the funds raised has been given to Yura. I think that is what caused their partnership to end: dishonesty and disloyalty.
    Wow if that’s true I wonder why he’s taking an action against her...

  12. #12
    On the Ice DanseMacabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    444

    0 Not allowed!
    Honestly surprised he filed an ethics complaint with the ISU because of her aforementioned Instagram post. The language of the ISU document makes me think that she deleted it because he threatened legal action for her sharing her side of the story. This seems like messy interpersonal stuff that never needed to be made public, but Gamelin's social media sharing started first which makes this even messier. Min's deleted post was in response to some of his so not quite sure how in the universe he thought he had a valid ethics violation on his hands unless this is just meant to grind her into the dirt. Regardless, I'm glad the ISU is making him bear the cost of this odd and frivolous complaint. It's a waste of everyone's time, including his own. The optics of this are not good for him.

  13. #13
    GS Supporter SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,662
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSQ View Post
    Wow if that’s true I wonder why he’s taking an action against her...
    Because he says it isn't true.

  14. #14
    GS Supporter SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,662
    Country: Canada

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanseMacabre View Post
    Honestly surprised he filed an ethics complaint with the ISU because of her aforementioned Instagram post. The language of the ISU document makes me think that she deleted it because he threatened legal action for her sharing her side of the story. This seems like messy interpersonal stuff that never needed to be made public, but Gamelin's social media sharing started first which makes this even messier. Min's deleted post was in response to some of his so not quite sure how in the universe he thought he had a valid ethics violation on his hands unless this is just meant to grind her into the dirt. Regardless, I'm glad the ISU is making him bear the cost of this odd and frivolous complaint. It's a waste of everyone's time, including his own. The optics of this are not good for him.
    She accused him of withholding money, which could be considered defamation I believe. If someone publicly accused you of effectively stealing money and it wasn't true, that's quite different than you announcing the end of a partnership without her permission.

    Now I have no idea who's telling the truth, but from his perspective I'm not shocked you'd go there.

  15. #15
    Spectator
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    She accused him of withholding money, which could be considered defamation I believe. If someone publicly accused you of effectively stealing money and it wasn't true, that's quite different than you announcing the end of a partnership without her permission.

    Now I have no idea who's telling the truth, but from his perspective I'm not shocked you'd go there.
    As far as I remember, Min didn’t accused him of withholding money on her SNS. Their dispute was mainly about who decided to split — Gamelin first wrote in his instagram that Min decided to end their partnership and then Min wrote it was not true he was not being serious about training. And then Gamelin criticized Min and her parents, insisting that they were unethical etc. The funding thing is, more than 100,000 dollars were collected (even Korean president donated) and people started to wonder what will happen with the money. Then Min wrote Gamelin’s family was taking control of the funding account and she didn’t know how they money was used, which surprised everyone.

  16. #16
    On the Ice Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    33,798
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Is it a violation of some ISU rule to badmouth people on Instagram? If someone defames you, or if someone collects money fraudulently, it seems like that could be the basis of a civil suit in a court of law, but what does the ISU have to do with it?

  17. #17
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    240

    0 Not allowed!
    The complaint was dismissed for procedural reasons but doesn’t prove anything.

    The way they split didn’t look good for either of them. He claimed he was blindsided, she claimed he didn’t work hard enough. The fate of the GoFundMe money is up in the air but he started it.

    This just makes me sad. But at least Yura found a new partnership with Daniel Eaton (no stranger to partnership drama himself) and Alex seems to have come out and is trying to live his best life. So I guess move on?

  18. #18
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    419

    0 Not allowed!
    I always wondered what was up with them when there were so many heated comments on Gamelin's Instagram post about his split with Min (which was very... passive-aggressive needless to say) regarding funding. I mean, you want to hope this kind of stuff isn't true (regarding embezzlement or whatever is going on bts) but yeah... sucks when a partnership ends like this. Hopefully the truth will come out someday.

  19. #19
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    251

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't follow pairs so I literally thought a judge had filled a complaint against another judge. I had my popcorn out. Unfortunately its skaters . Wish them all the best.

  20. #20
    On the Ice DenissVFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    367

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NymphyNymphy View Post
    I don't follow pairs so I literally thought a judge had filled a complaint against another judge. I had my popcorn out. Unfortunately its skaters . Wish them all the best.
    They competed in ice dance, not pairs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •