ISU Disciplinary Commission Gamelin v Min | Golden Skate

ISU Disciplinary Commission Gamelin v Min

composer

On the Ice
Just out of morbid curiosity what would have been the disciplinary consequences if the complaint had been deemed valid?

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Sad but I wonder what actually happened?

Apparently, they started some sort of funding account for them. Gamelin’s parents had control over that account and it seems that none of the funds raised has been given to Yura. I think that is what caused their partnership to end: dishonesty and disloyalty.

Danny T

Medalist
Oh my, yikes.

Didn't know he filed a complaint all the way to the ISU disciplinary committee. The case was dismissed due to reporting time though, so still who knew what's the truth hmm

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently, they started some sort of funding account for them. Gamelin’s parents had control over that account and it seems that none of the funds raised has been given to Yura. I think that is what caused their partnership to end: dishonesty and disloyalty.

This is what Yura said in her IG after the break-up. And then she deleted it? Obviously Alexander and his parents deny this.

No one knows what the truth is, at this point, AFAIK. Obviously a sad business:sad21:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Wow if that’s true I wonder why he’s taking an action against her...

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Honestly surprised he filed an ethics complaint with the ISU because of her aforementioned Instagram post. The language of the ISU document makes me think that she deleted it because he threatened legal action for her sharing her side of the story. This seems like messy interpersonal stuff that never needed to be made public, but Gamelin's social media sharing started first which makes this even messier. Min's deleted post was in response to some of his so not quite sure how in the universe he thought he had a valid ethics violation on his hands unless this is just meant to grind her into the dirt. Regardless, I'm glad the ISU is making him bear the cost of this odd and frivolous complaint. It's a waste of everyone's time, including his own. The optics of this are not good for him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Honestly surprised he filed an ethics complaint with the ISU because of her aforementioned Instagram post. The language of the ISU document makes me think that she deleted it because he threatened legal action for her sharing her side of the story. This seems like messy interpersonal stuff that never needed to be made public, but Gamelin's social media sharing started first which makes this even messier. Min's deleted post was in response to some of his so not quite sure how in the universe he thought he had a valid ethics violation on his hands unless this is just meant to grind her into the dirt. Regardless, I'm glad the ISU is making him bear the cost of this odd and frivolous complaint. It's a waste of everyone's time, including his own. The optics of this are not good for him.

She accused him of withholding money, which could be considered defamation I believe. If someone publicly accused you of effectively stealing money and it wasn't true, that's quite different than you announcing the end of a partnership without her permission.

Now I have no idea who's telling the truth, but from his perspective I'm not shocked you'd go there.

stjuste

Spectator
She accused him of withholding money, which could be considered defamation I believe. If someone publicly accused you of effectively stealing money and it wasn't true, that's quite different than you announcing the end of a partnership without her permission.

Now I have no idea who's telling the truth, but from his perspective I'm not shocked you'd go there.

As far as I remember, Min didn’t accused him of withholding money on her SNS. Their dispute was mainly about who decided to split — Gamelin first wrote in his instagram that Min decided to end their partnership and then Min wrote it was not true he was not being serious about training. And then Gamelin criticized Min and her parents, insisting that they were unethical etc. The funding thing is, more than 100,000 dollars were collected (even Korean president donated) and people started to wonder what will happen with the money. Then Min wrote Gamelin’s family was taking control of the funding account and she didn’t know how they money was used, which surprised everyone.

Is it a violation of some ISU rule to badmouth people on Instagram? If someone defames you, or if someone collects money fraudulently, it seems like that could be the basis of a civil suit in a court of law, but what does the ISU have to do with it?

pandatours

On the Ice
The complaint was dismissed for procedural reasons but doesn’t prove anything.

The way they split didn’t look good for either of them. He claimed he was blindsided, she claimed he didn’t work hard enough. The fate of the GoFundMe money is up in the air but he started it.

This just makes me sad. But at least Yura found a new partnership with Daniel Eaton (no stranger to partnership drama himself) and Alex seems to have come out and is trying to live his best life. So I guess move on?

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
I always wondered what was up with them when there were so many heated comments on Gamelin's Instagram post about his split with Min (which was very... passive-aggressive needless to say) regarding funding. I mean, you want to hope this kind of stuff isn't true (regarding embezzlement or whatever is going on bts) but yeah... sucks when a partnership ends like this. Hopefully the truth will come out someday.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
I don't follow pairs so I literally thought a judge had filled a complaint against another judge. I had my popcorn out. Unfortunately its skaters :( . Wish them all the best.