Kolyada might WD from nationals | Golden Skate

Kolyada might WD from nationals

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Mikhail just posted a picture on Instagram saying that he was training and getting ready for nationals and is now at the hospital. He said that his participation is questionable

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I guess he had to treat himself some time this season. Not surprised in the least if he decides to WD--though I get the feeling he's going to try to compete anyway.

moriel

Record Breaker
=(
someone jinxed rusnats

i am somewhat scared of what may happen at the actual competition if skaters are getting sick and injured just like this before it.

Speedy recovery to Misha and Liza.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I guess he had to treat himself some time this season. Not surprised in the least if he decides to WD--though I get the feeling he's going to try to compete anyway.

He had better not compete :( they need to treat this thoroughly to avoid long term complications.

Take care of yourself, Mishanya 🙏🙏🙏

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
And this is why you should try to get well from the beginning and don't push your body to the limit. ***message to both Mika and Yuzuru***

Poor Mika. It was clear that he struggled with health the whole GP season :sad21:. I hope he will get at least NOW the care he needs. I will miss him dearly at nats, i hope he will get a bye at Euros. Even with his botched season, he still has some of the best results in points international from the russian men (if he is not the first, he is more than sure in Top 3).

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Tuk is getting one. Why not him?

Tuk medaled at the GPF. Kolyada did not make the final.

Granted he is the reigning world bronze medalist... but still sometimes it is a case of "what have you done for me lately" and Tuk has had a better fall season than Kolyada.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
And yet, none of the Russian men is stable or so good to take him over in points even when he can barely skate.

Sure Voronov was stable, but his programs are dated and his points are showing it. He might medal at Euros, but he won't be in Top 10 at worlds. Aliev has even a worse season so far, Samarin made not soo many mistakes as Mika, but his GOE/PCS are not so high and he cannot afford the mistakes he does. Kovtun has potential (and the goodwill of TAT and Russian fed for propping him in PCS without end), but stable he is also not and you cannot be sure he won't bomb dramatically. I would still put my money on Mika if i was the Russian Fed.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I don’t care about byes or any of that right now, and I’d rather he didn’t have bad PR/pressure to prove his place internationally weighing on his mind in addition to health problems. The most important thing is that he gets healthy, whether that results in him competing at Nats or sitting the rest of the season out.

Besides, even if I agree with it, the above argument is predicated on a lot of hypotheticals and assumptions. It would be very difficult for RusFed to justify a bye for Misha with the season he’s had, especially if three people do really well at Nationals (or even just one, really). And that’s okay. I think time off might be the best thing that could happen to him both physically and mentally, because he really hasn’t had a proper break in a long time. Since the previous off-season, I would say.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sinus infections are serious. I used to get them all the time because of allergies. I was once diagnosed with TMJ that was really a horrific sinus infection. He needs to take this illness seriously and get bed rest. I rarely get them now, because the second I feel run down, I make sure I get plenty of rest.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Besides, even if I agree with it, the above argument is predicated on a lot of hypotheticals and assumptions. It would be very difficult for RusFed to justify a bye for Misha with the season he’s had, especially if three people do really well at Nationals (or even just one, really). And that’s okay. I think time off might be the best thing that could happen to him both physically and mentally, because he really hasn’t had a proper break in a long time. Since the previous off-season, I would say.

So Mika:
-has the best points from ALL Russian men this season
-has the third added points in GP from the Russian men
-has beaten all Russian men in direct competition (including Samarin and Aliev)
And people still think he doesn't deserve to get a bye?

Frankly, i don't understand people here. Like fans from other skaters are happy to watch their skater even when he doesn't show their best, but by Mika is here "all or nothing". If we think like this than Samarin and Aliev should also not be send to Euro or Worlds, as they were worse than Mika.
No skating Gods can say if he will ever get another chance to go to world. So he has to be just thrown away this season just because he hasn't have shown all his potential this season even when he is still the best Russian man? Ok... :rolleye:

Sure, if Russia would have other male skaters able to medal at worlds, i MIGHT understand this logic. But they don't. They have possibilities and probabilities and maybe. Even at his worst Kolyada was better than Dimitriev and co. So, yeah, maybe he won't medal this year, but he will be an important asset to keep the places. And for him would be important to get the further competition experience.

And perhaps it would be nice if we fans would be able to enjoy what he has to shown us, would really support him in a bad season and not just in a good one and don't all the time expect to bring medals and result.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I always enjoy watching Misha skate, no matter what his results are. But I would feel a lot better about enjoying it if I knew he was healthy and not forcing himself through these competitions. He shouldn’t have to risk his health for 3 Russian spots or for our enjoyment as fans.

Which was not my point at all :noshake:.
MY Answer was in replay of Mika didn't deserving a bye and that his results as the best Russian man this season should be now dismissed just because they were not on the Russian people taste as they have still not remarked that the Era of Plushenko is long gone :scratch2: . But well, whatever.... i see think in other way, no point to discuss it anymore.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Which was not my point at all :noshake:.
MY Answer was in replay of Mika didn't deserving a bye and that his results as the best Russian man this season should be now dismissed just because they were not on the Russian people taste as they have still not remarked that the Era of Plushenko is long gone :scratch2: . But well, whatever.... i see think in other way, no point to discuss it anymore.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that’s what you meant. I know it wasn’t :)

I just don’t see how he’s going to be okay for Euros if he hasn’t been okay all season. What good is one month going to do for a five-month illness? But it looks like he’ll be at Nationals anyway, so we’ll see. :palmf:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I wonder if this decision comes after asking the Federation if getting a bye comes into question and getting a negative answer. This could be the only reason i see for Chebotareva would let Mika skating in this condition. "Nothing" (apart that damn health!) to lose.... :bang:.

I really wish rules would be in place that right before a competition the skaters should get an approbation to compete from a doctor. To keep Yuzurus and Mikas out of rink when they should not be there.

(Dramatic fan thoughts :dev2:: now his season is really in jeopardy , no way that in this condition he will be able to deliver. :slink:)