Do we have a GS statistics members thread? | Golden Skate

Do we have a GS statistics members thread?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I likely will be told this belongs elsewhere but I think the edge is a good place. I wondered if such numbers as how many members have we? How many guests frequent but don’t join? What is the average age nowadays? And how long is the average membership? What is the average number of posts?

May I say Merry Christmas to to the Mods and ThANKYOU for another year working on this very excellent and sophisticated website where many of us come exclusively to read, watch express our opinions and at times debate. God bless you all and Thank you for GS in a time when skating world is smaller and harder to accessat least for us in USA. This is a great resource and SOMEONE ALWAYS KNOWS THE ANSWERS. Thank you to all the posters who are Golden Skate.

At the top of the page, in the same line as "Private Messages" there is a link to "Community," then "Member List" on the drop-down menu. There you will see all the 28,203 current GS members, with join dates and number of posts. Some members just like to read the forum without posting. Some have not been active for a while.

Joyous Season to you and yours.

Yes, I think the Cafe is a better place for this thread.

Last edited:
^ My wife made it for me. She does a lot of crafts, makes hand-made Christmas cards, etc. The dog outline is actually a rubber stamp. :)

^ Is it bad that I thought that was a moose, MM?

A moose?! Whoever heard of a skating moose? ;)

In fact, it is clearly an Airedale terrier. Our dog was a wire-hair fox terrier, but he grew to be too big for the standard of his breed so we couldn't show him. Everyone said, he's as tall as an Airedale! :laugh:

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Mathman my uncle and Godfather long passed was an amazing person. He built his house and beach cottages a boat his kids had a regulation hockey rink in his large property. He also was the head of the kennel club for years in our city. He raised Airedales. I don’t watch Dog shows but I remember that. When I was little they had a very large scruffy poodle named bobo and we could ride on his back. Kerry blue comes to mind. Is that a breed? I have long wondered about your Avatar. So cool.

I deleted mine because sadly Ashley is gone from competition. I don’t know how to upload pictures etc. I’d like everyone to see my cat Otis who I brought back from near death in August September. He is still here and doing ok on his meds. Thank God he made it through Christmas. Anyway I have pics I think on my IPod but my iPhone doesn’t take great pics.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I deleted mine because sadly Ashley is gone from competition. I don’t know how to upload pictures etc. I’d like everyone to see my cat Otis who I brought back from near death in August September. He is still here and doing ok on his meds. Thank God he made it through Christmas. Anyway I have pics I think on my IPod but my iPhone doesn’t take great pics.

If you are interested in updating your avatar I’ll try to help :)

As far as I know you’ll need to not use the mobile version so just scroll to the bottom and click (FULL SITE)

After that then follow these directions
1) Log into GS on you iPad (since you have photos on there of Otis)
2) click (settings) in the upper right corner
3) on the left side of My Settings click (Edit Avatar)
4) select (use custom avatar) instead of (do not use avatar)
5) push the little oval button (choose file)

From here you should be able to scroll thru the photos saved on your iPad and select the one you like.

6) THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! After you select the photo you want as your avatar you MUST click (SAVE CHAMGES)

Hope that helps. Happy New Year and Good health to you and your feline friend ;)