Rotation position, help! | Golden Skate

Rotation position, help!

Nath

Spectator
After I started working on my triples i noticed that my rotation position is totally off. It's like the opposite of what it should be. I lean on the left shoulder instead of the right in the air, and sometimes i even go into a banana like shape bending in the left side. When doing doubles i had time to correct the position in the air before landing, but when practising triples i just fall down on my left side...
I might go onto my left side because i rotate more with my arms than my hips... I'm not really sure...

I have tried practising rotations off-ice.. I can do a single rotation with leaning on the right shoulder, but as soon as i try to go further, I lean on the left shoulder again.
I hoped someone could give me some advice on exercies I can work on to correct this. Thank you in advance!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
After I started working on my triples i noticed that my rotation position is totally off. It's like the opposite of what it should be. I lean on the left shoulder instead of the right in the air, and sometimes i even go into a banana like shape bending in the left side. When doing doubles i had time to correct the position in the air before landing, but when practising triples i just fall down on my left side...
I might go onto my left side because i rotate more with my arms than my hips... I'm not really sure...

I have tried practising rotations off-ice.. I can do a single rotation with leaning on the right shoulder, but as soon as i try to go further, I lean on the left shoulder again.
I hoped someone could give me some advice on exercies I can work on to correct this. Thank you in advance!

What has your coach said?

Also, do you have access to using a harness with your coach to train this and correct it?