Looking for new skates | Golden Skate

Looking for new skates

Esparta

Spectator
Hi I am new to this forum and I hate to ask questions that others have already posted. But I need some help with this.
So i am looking for a new pair of ice skates for my fiancé. Her old ones finally broke and well we’re cheap. Im not sure what brand to get her since I’m kinda new to the figure skating world. I was thinking on going with Jackson and have even contacted them about what would be best to get her. I was told the Elle would be the go to for her are maby the freestyle but thought I should get a second opinion.
We’re we live we do not have a pro shop we can go to to try on. Her build she is 5’4 at around 185 and her foot size is 9 3/16 L and 91/8W. Jackson told me to go with the Elle 6.5 c/d and told me they will be a little narrow but a little heat molding and stretching can get them to fit better. But I was wondering is there any other brands I should be looking at. Are styles.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
Hi I am new to this forum and I hate to ask questions that others have already posted. But I need some help with this.
So i am looking for a new pair of ice skates for my fiancé. Her old ones finally broke and well we’re cheap. Im not sure what brand to get her since I’m kinda new to the figure skating world. I was thinking on going with Jackson and have even contacted them about what would be best to get her. I was told the Elle would be the go to for her are maby the freestyle but thought I should get a second opinion.
We’re we live we do not have a pro shop we can go to to try on. Her build she is 5’4 at around 185 and her foot size is 9 3/16 L and 91/8W. Jackson told me to go with the Elle 6.5 c/d and told me they will be a little narrow but a little heat molding and stretching can get them to fit better. But I was wondering is there any other brands I should be looking at. Are styles.

What is she using the skates for (recreational skating only, some beginner figure skating, etc.)? If she is only using them for public skating and going around in a circle, you likely don't need something as high level as the Freestyle. However, if she will be doing some actual figure skating, those *might* be appropriate depending on how much she plans on training and how fast she expects to move up in skill level. If she is taking any lessons, maybe you should talk to the coach.

The other considerations that might be relevant are foot shape, foot problems (e.g. bunions, pronation, etc.), how often she will skate, what level she is at now, etc.

Remember that not all brands are good for all feet. Some people love Jackson and some people can't wear them (this is true of every single boot brand out there). Just because someone loves their particular brand of skates, it doesn't mean that will work for others.

You might consider whether an online boot shop would be helpful, especially if you take a tracing of her feet and also take pictures, along with the relevant information on how the skates will be used and send it to them. Its always best to go directly to an in-person fitter, but it seems that you do not have that option available to you.

Esparta

Spectator
Hi sorry for the late response. She is a baginner at ice skating. Well somewhat we have been ice skating for around 3+ years now. I have been working with her showing her some simple spins and hard stops. I’m no coach don’t get me wrong but I’ve learned from friends and family. She does wanna learn a little more she is eager to learn but she doesn’t have the time to go very much mostly just 2 are 3 times a month. I go even less since I travel for work. Now she is a pro at roller blading though. I wish they went hand in hand.