Favourite Choreo Sequence(s)? | Golden Skate

Favourite Choreo Sequence(s)?

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
The thread started by gonewiththewind25 gave me an idea to start this :) So what are some of your favourite choreo sequences?

Mine Are:
Kaori's The Piano
Mao's Madame Butterfly
S/H's Turandot
Jason's the scent of love

I don't know ice dance rules well enough to know what counts as a choreo sequence (I believe they have multiple?) but one of the second half lifts in P/C's to build a home comes to mind.

ironic that I'm starting the choreo sequence one considering my username

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova's senior version of Dreamcatcher
Kaori Sakamoto's The Piano ^ upvote from me :)
Anastasia Tarakanova's senior version of Moonlight Sonata
Ksenia Sinitsyna's senior version of Rachmaninoff
Alena Kostornaya's senior versions of Stella's Theme and Romeo+Juliet
Alina Zagitova's Carmen and Don Quixote
Evgenia Medvedeva's Libertango at Russian Nationals
Alysa Liu's senior version of Witches of Eastwick
Mai Mihara's The Mission
Jason Brown's Riverdance
Wakaba Higuchi's Skyfall
Kaori Sakamoto's Amelie
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's FS this year

and I'm sure there's more :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I will never cease to regret that Mr Mills was so hung up on the chronology that the original Black Swan ChSq for Max was scrapped. It was probably one of the best all-time ChSq that I've seen.

Josh's Schindler's List ChSq was also excellent.

charlotte14

Medalist
Kaori Sakamoto’s choreographic sequence is a good design but I am a bit .... about her doing spiral. Not good position IMO.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki was definitely the queen of choreo sequences. Fantastic skating skills combined with beautiful execution and presentation. The ones in her POTO and O programs especially stand out. :love:

Other favourites of mine (including some mentioned already):
Alina Zagitova’s Don Quixote
Mai Mihara’s The Mission
Rika Hongo’s Riverdance and Lawrence of Arabia
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva’s Peer Gynt and her FS medley this season
Wakaba Higuchi’s Skyfall (I still don’t know where the real choreo sequence was - between the combo spin and the 3rd jump, or right before the layback? (even the tech panels seemed confused about this) but both were amazing anyway)
Satoko Miyahara’s Madame Butterfly (what she did with her fingers was so simple yet effective) and Miss Saigon (choice of music edit here was very unique)
Shoma Uno’s Turandot (first one - gotta love the nicely held cantilever)
Gracie Gold’s Daphnis et Chloe (it’s sad that this program never reached its full potential)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
James/Cipres's choreo sequence in Wicked Game. Like the rest of that program, it's mesmerising and it flows so smoothly with the rest of the program that's it's hard to tell exactly where it starts and finishes.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
- Anastasia Tarakanova’s Moonlight Sonata Senior Version
- Rika Hongo’s Riverdance
- Wakaba Higuchi’s Skyfall

Those are just absolute masterpieces honestly. I could watch them over and over and still not be bored.

tokoyami

On the Ice
Deniss V's choreo seq in his LP last year was EXCELLENT

The hip thrusts get me every time

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Hanyu’s R&J1 choreographic step sequence is a strong contender for one of the all-time best.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Marie Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac's choreo sequence and choreo slide at the end of their fd this season. Not the most beautiful, but certainly really fun, and fits with the music brilliantly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxsXCnyPkM (approx. 3:34 - 4:25)

Also, Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford's step sequence at the end of their La Boheme sp, straight into almost-perfect sbs spins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOyEpA_XojA (approx. 2:04 - 2:44)

sk8ingedge

Rinkside
Although she isn’t the most flexible skater, I really appreciate that Kaori took time out of her FP this year to do a spiral sequence with 3 positions. Bonus points for putting her gorgeous 3Lo right after it!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Plushy's step sequence in Tribute to Njinsky, every time I see it a dang well lose my mind. :laugh:

https://youtu.be/SEJXkfMYTX4 - 2m16s mark.
I love both step sequences in Nijinsky. Actually, it’s just one of my all-time favourite programmes, period. The pose he holds just after starting the straight line steps where he looks like a Greco-Roman statue is one of my favourite moments.

Other beloved choreo sequences/choreo step sequences that jump to front of mind and aren’t from Hanyu: Patrick Chan’s POTO (2010 version), and Johnny Weir’s ChSt sequences in “I Love You, I Hate You” and “Fallen Angel.”

From Yuzu: the very, very start of the Seimei choreo sequence, when he lifts his arms and thunders down the rink. That moment does things to me.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Satoko’s Madame Butterfly
Yuna’s Les Miserables
Mao’s Swan Lake
Alina’s Don Quixote
Kaori’s The Piano
Yulia’s R&J :(
Shoma’s Turandot 1.0
Shoma’s Loco
Deniss’ Sway