How many times can you change the blade on an Edea sole? | Golden Skate

How many times can you change the blade on an Edea sole?

christy

On the Ice
I need to get new blades and I'm debating trying something different, but may return to my current blade, so I was wondering how many times you can change the blades on the Edea soles please?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I need to get new blades and I'm debating trying something different, but may return to my current blade, so I was wondering how many times you can change the blades on the Edea soles please?

Do you have a skate pro that you could ask this question to? You could also contact EDEA specifically for this.

Good luck.

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
Your blade tech can fill the holes. I don't recommend changing it more then once as I believe it would warp your sole if the blade plate is slightly different. Most people out wear their boot before their blade.

VegMom

On the Ice
I have this question too because my skater needs need boots but we are thinking of taking the blades of the current boots and putting them on the new ones. The thing is, I don't want to completely ruin the resale possibility of the current boots by taking off the blade. I was told that Edeas should never change blades.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have this question too because my skater needs need boots but we are thinking of taking the blades of the current boots and putting them on the new ones. The thing is, I don't want to completely ruin the resale possibility of the current boots by taking off the blade. I was told that Edeas should never change blades.
<<Emphasis added.>> You were told by whom? I've changed blades only on boots with leather soles, not on Edeas, so I don't have first-hand experience. But that doesn't sound right. Otherwise, there would be no need for Edea to sell custom carbon-fiber filler plugs specifically "used to fill the unused holes when mounting a new blade or repositioning an existing blade": https://ice.edeaskates.com/en/ice-skates/carbon-filler/