What happened to the John Wilson Arrow and Comet Blades? | Golden Skate

What happened to the John Wilson Arrow and Comet Blades?

SmallAminal

On the Ice
I recall that the "Arrow" was billed as their entry-level blade on their website, but it was conspicuously missing from the lineup when I went to the webpage this week. It didn't seem to be a product that a lot of people would demand (since most entry-level skaters are in boot/blade sets), so I am not surprised that its defunct. I don't think I'd ever seen the Arrow on a boot/blade set.

I think I saw the Coronation Comet at one retailer a while ago and it was a higher level blade in the realm of Coronation Ace.

Really curious what happened to these and why the Comet in particular met its demise.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I recall that the "Arrow" was billed as their entry-level blade on their website, but it was conspicuously missing from the lineup when I went to the webpage this week. It didn't seem to be a product that a lot of people would demand (since most entry-level skaters are in boot/blade sets), so I am not surprised that its defunct. I don't think I'd ever seen the Arrow on a boot/blade set.

I think I saw the Coronation Comet at one retailer a while ago and it was a higher level blade in the realm of Coronation Ace.

Really curious what happened to these and why the Comet in particular met its demise.

They were both discontinued IIRC. Comet was 8.5 ft rocker intermediate blade and wasn't as popular as the Ace.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still purchase them from skating stores online.

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but what is the difference between coronation ace and coronation comet besides the rocker? Should I be weary if a store is still carrying a discounted blades? Apparently they have lots in stock.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but what is the difference between coronation ace and coronation comet besides the rocker? Should I be weary if a store is still carrying a discounted blades? Apparently they have lots in stock.
Comet had an 8.5 ft rocker, better grip and control from the toe, more stable, and so many other things. Coro Ace has 7ft rocker and a different profile. No, you should not be wary if your pro shop still carries them as long as they are brand new and the pro shop knows how to mount and sharpen them correctly.

thisismynewsport

Rinkside
Comet had an 8.5 ft rocker, better grip and control from the toe, more stable, and so many other things. Coro Ace has 7ft rocker and a different profile. No, you should not be wary if your pro shop still carries them as long as they are brand new and the pro shop knows how to mount and sharpen them correctly.
Would you say this blade is too advanced for someone learning single jumps? I cannot find information on the spin rocker either and I am wondering if it’s the same as the aces.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Would you say this blade is too advanced for someone learning single jumps? I cannot find information on the spin rocker either and I am wondering if it’s the same as the aces.
no, if you are learning singles you should be fine. Just be aware it is the ONLY blade with that size rocker. Other intermediate blades are 7ft rockers. And then the advanced blades John Wilson are 8ft rocker, MK are 7ft.