Dmitri Aliev’s Quad Lutz | Golden Skate

Dmitri Aliev’s Quad Lutz

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Aliev just posted a video of himself doing a Quad Lutz (I think) on Instagram Stories. Does he really need a Quad Lutz and is the risk worth it for him?

Arbitrary

Medalist
Properly done 4Lz gives him or everyone else 11.50 + positive GOE.
I don't remember if anyone achieved 2nd part +10% bonus but high positive GOE points were awarded more than once.

Would any daredevil set 4Lz+3T/3F/3Lo combo in the 2nd part of SP he is Number 1 after in any level competition.

And yes, 4A is better, I know... if you're a Terminator-class skater.

P.S. I remember some guy from Azerbaijan published 4Lz+3T combo at 2007 or 2009. But where he is now?

lzxnl

Final Flight
A 4Lz means he doesn't have to do as many double jumps. That could be a huge technical boost.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Didn’t he land 4Lz at Olympics and Worlds?

He did! The Lz in the short at the Olympics was gorgeous! I don’t think we’ve seen the Lutz this season though and I don’t really find it to be worth the risk with the new rules and it’s consistency.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes, he's practiced 4Lz for years. Not sure what the commotion is about, skaters post these practice clips all the time. It's not even clear when/if he will compete again this season.

moriel

Record Breaker
Properly done 4Lz gives him or everyone else 11.50 + positive GOE.
I don't remember if anyone achieved 2nd part +10% bonus but high positive GOE points were awarded more than once.

Would any daredevil set 4Lz+3T/3F/3Lo combo in the 2nd part of SP he is Number 1 after in any level competition.

And yes, 4A is better, I know... if you're a Terminator-class skater.

P.S. I remember some guy from Azerbaijan published 4Lz+3T combo at 2007 or 2009. But where he is now?

Nathan did 4Lz in second half with positive GOE at SA last year: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpusa2017/gpusa2017_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Boyang Jin landed 4Lz+3T in his SP programs before his torn ankle ligament injuries.
As for Dmitri Aliev, he needs to consistently land the 4Lz in competition again 1st

Tutto

Record Breaker
I like his SS and flow across the ice but not too keen on his jump technique - his quads always look like triples to me - a sure sign of excessive pre & under rotation

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I’m not sure anyone will take the risk of putting 4Lz combo in the second half of SP.

Rissa

Record Breaker
A 4Lz means he doesn't have to do as many double jumps. That could be a huge technical boost.

He only does one, a 2A as the second part of a combo. Adding another quad would enable him to repeat a 3T as the second part of the combo, like Nathan does, and get rid of doubles altogether. Provided that he'd be able to pull off such a layout.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I like his SS and flow across the ice but not too keen on his jump technique - his quads always look like triples to me - a sure sign of excessive pre & under rotation

I concur. I remember side-eyeing & facepalming at the protocol at the Olympics while finding out that his 4Lz scored like just bit above 1 point less than the 4Lz by Boyang Jin.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I think he just posted a video on his IG story of a Quad Loop? Not sure though, because it kind of looks like a triple

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Well Dima is for sure not the only skater perorating jumps, Javier Fernandez has done it for years and won how many Euros and World titles...that kind of gives a signal to younger skaters that its accepted.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
and so does Hanyu! Really, very few does not pre rotate but skaters like for ex Boyang Jin should be awarded a higher Goe for not doing it.

malya

On the Ice
Let's add my controversial opinion: Everybody prerotates every jump. Yes, Hanyu and Fernandez both do.

Even Boyang!! Textbook Kolyada! Eteri girls! Mishin girls!

It's when you clearly prerotate even over 180° that it gets fishy, and I can understand people looking more closely when it's about the highest scoring elements (4Lz, 4F) that should have a max of 90% pr with textbook toejump technique (Kolyada, Boyang)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I concur. I remember side-eyeing & facepalming at the protocol at the Olympics while finding out that his 4Lz scored like just bit above 1 point less than the 4Lz by Boyang Jin.

Indeed, but that heavy pre and under-rotation occurs not only on his 4Lutz, but other jumps especially his 3A. Aliev who possess great skating skills and music interpretation is a beautiful skater to watch but his jumps have been awarded with absurdly high scores for those have made me never fall into his skating wholeheartedly. Maybe that's my poor excuse, because I adore Miyahara's skating and artistry regardless of her tiny jumps with a lot of baggage just like Aliev although I have a hard time in finding female skaters with great programs these days as much as her or men's field is more focused on jumps.