2019 European Championships: Ice Dance Pregame Chat | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Ice Dance Pregame Chat

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
2019 European Figure Skating Championships: Ice Dance
Jan 21-27, 2019
Minsk, Belarus

General constructive discussion including injuries, updates, program changes, withdrawals, substitutes, etc.

Please do not discuss/compare skater(s) who are not competing in this event.

This thread will be moved to the Competition Forum approximately five days prior to the start of the event.

Thanks and enjoy!

Entries as of 1/14/19

Last edited by a moderator:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
And for the Ice Dance, results from Nationals first, ISU SBs in brackets:

Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 220.95 (216.78)
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 212.32 (201.37)
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 208.49 (200.78)
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 206.43 (198.65)
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 178.95 (180.32)
Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP 178.68 (180.07)
Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL 171.12 (178.43)
Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN ESP 180.16 (174.42)
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 181.89 (171.20)
Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN RUS 179.21 (168.31)
Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER 181.72 (165.31)
Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN N/A (163.49)
Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND GBR 168.04 (162.50)
Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS HUN 165.43 (161.40)
Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 160.85 (159.21)
Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU N/A (158.03)
Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV UKR N/A (154.42)
Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN POL 146.36 (152.49)
Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FRA 154.89 (149.69)
Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI ITA 154.29 (139.79)
Victoria MANNI / Carlo RÖTHLISBERGER SUI N/A (138.81)
Shira ICHILOV / Vadim DAVIDOVICH ISR N/A (138.45)
Anna KUBLIKOVA / Yuri HULITSKI BLR N/A (137.98)
Katerina BUNINA / German FROLOV EST N/A (132.52)
Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE BUL N/A (117.84)
Nicole KELLY / Berk AKALIN TUR N/A (118.60)

Country
Russia
Dance in order of ISU Season Best.
1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 216.78
2 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 201.37
3 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 200.78
4 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 198.65
5 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 180.32
6 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP 180.07
7 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL 178.43
8 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 177.20
9 Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN ESP 174.42
10 Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN RUS 168.31
11 Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER 165.31
12 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN 163.49
13 Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND GBR 162.50
14 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS HUN 161.40
15 Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 159.21
16 Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 158.03
17 Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV UKR 154.42
18 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN POL 152.49
19 Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON FRA 149.69
20 Carolina MOSCHENI / Andrea FABBRI ITA 139.79
21 Shira ICHILOV / Vadim DAVIDOVICH ISR 139.45
22 Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER SUI 138.81
23 Anna KUBLIKOVA / Yuri HULITSKI BLR 137.98
24 Katerina BUNINA / German FROLOV EST 132.52
25 Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE BUL 117.84

As in entry list of Entries/Results 21 Jan 2019.

Last edited:

1904sk8

On the Ice
Im curious who is going with the Montreal teams and how they are preparing for Europeans since Marie-France is at Canadian Nationals now and I know US Championships are the same week as Euros. They do have at least 5 teams going to Euros that I know off the top of my head.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think Patrice is the one certified to coach at the U.S. Championships so I would assume Marie-France & Romain will be the ones we see at Europeans.

pearly

Record Breaker

Wow, is this really so?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Wow, is this really so?

I guess this is explains why Spain is waiting until Euros are over to make their decision on Worlds.

pearly

Record Breaker
I guess this is explains why Spain is waiting until Euros are over to make their decision on Worlds.

Nah, I think it's definitely wise to wait in their case. Scores from different competitions don't reveal much.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
IMO, the only suspense there is for the third place. Can Guignard/Fabbri beat a clean Stepanova/Bukin?
At this rate, P/C can win with two falls. S/K have their silver with no costly mistakes.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Im curious who is going with the Montreal teams and how they are preparing for Europeans since Marie-France is at Canadian Nationals now and I know US Championships are the same week as Euros. They do have at least 5 teams going to Euros that I know off the top of my head.

Marie-France is at Canadians with Benjamin Brisebois with 6 teams. There are four other Gadbois coaches there to get teams ready for Euros and US Nats (Romain, Patrice, Pascal Denis and Josée Piché). Patrice will go to US Nationals, like Ice Dance said. Then Romain will go to Euros since he normally goes with P/C, and maybe Pascal Denis too - he goes to competitions with the lower ranked teams a lot (like Markova/Daze). Marie-France probably won't go to Euros.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Marie-France is at Canadians with Benjamin Brisebois with 6 teams. There are four other Gadbois coaches there to get teams ready for Euros and US Nats (Romain, Patrice, Pascal Denis and Josée Piché). Patrice will go to US Nationals, like Ice Dance said. Then Romain will go to Euros since he normally goes with P/C, and maybe Pascal Denis too - he goes to competitions with the lower ranked teams a lot (like Markova/Daze). Marie-France probably won't go to Euros.

Thank you so much. I know Marie-France usually goes to Euros but it seems like they always want to have one of the three main coaches back in Montreal with the other teams. Of course nothing is certain yet.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Wow, is this really so?

It is, but I think if you go back and watch Smart & Diaz's FD performance from Finlandia, you'll think they were overscored. Lift was a hot mess.

Hurtado & Khaliavin, meanwhile, have been giving up points in the RD all season.

S&D have the current higher SD in the RD. H&K have the current higher SD in the FD.

Both teams botched a set of twizzles at Nationals.

Fortunately, we will get a real international head-to-head picture at Europeans. The Spanish Fed has not confirmed their criteria for deciding the World team. It could be Euros. During Nationals, the commentator said he thought it would be a combination of the scores from Euros and Nationals. Nationals scores were very close so either way, the results at Europeans will probably be the determining factor.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It is, but I think if you go back and watch Smart & Diaz's performance from Finlandia, you'll think they were overscored. Lift was a hot mess.

Hurtado & Khaliavin, meanwhile, have been giving up points in the RD all season.

Both teams botched a set of twizzles at Nationals.

Fortunately, we will get a real international head-to-head picture at Europeans. The Spanish Fed has not confirmed their criteria for deciding the World team. It could be Euros. During Nationals, the commentator said he thought it would be a combination of the scores from Euros and Nationals. Nationals scores were very close so either way, the results at Europeans will probably be the determining factor.

Smart/Diaz did also get 176 something at Skate Canada, which is higher than anything H/K have got this season. Not saying that means they'll be ahead or anything, but it's not just the Finlandia score.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you so much. I know Marie-France usually goes to Euros but it seems like they always want to have one of the three main coaches back in Montreal with the other teams. Of course nothing is certain yet.

I might be wrong and she could go to Euros, but I think Romain will go for sure, and with Patch at US Nats, I doubt they'd want all three of the top coaches gone at once for ~ a week.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
My main hope for Euros is that F/G have a great RD (and FD, obviously) and get themselves into the top 10 :pray:
As you can see, they are top 10 on the SB list even with not so great RD outings 🙂. And, if no huge mistakes happen, they should be top 10 at Europeans too, as I don't see anyone outside of that SB top 10 beating them if they have two good skates. But, of course, nothing is completely certain.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Nah, I think it's definitely wise to wait in their case. Scores from different competitions don't reveal much.

True

Romain was at the British Nationals with Fear and Gibson and he seems to be their, and Papadakis and Cizeron’s, main coach. This is an important competition for both teams so I agree I’m willing to bet he’ll be the main Gadbois coach there.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ice Dance will be definitely the best event at Euros quality wise this year. And there are so many possibilities podium wise, my head hurts. Also pretty sure that for Europeans Romain will travel.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm still completely spaced out from the WeaPo/P&P duel :drama:...and I can't wait for Euros, with my other faves. I'll take P/C as the given champions, but anything can happen behind them. I personally shout for SinKats and E/B, but I have a lot of time for H/K and S/B as well. I'm also looking forward to G/F, they've been in pretty good shape all season. It'll be a quite exciting event! :popcorn: