Official Entries as of 2/3/19

Last edited by a moderator:

haribobo

On the Ice
Likely or confirmed qualifiers, by Nationals score. USA and CAN teams TBD

Kaori Sakamoto JPN 228.01
Rika Kihira JPN 223.76
Mai Mihara JPN 220.80
(Elizabet Tursynbaeva KAZ 200.74- ISU SB)
Eunsoo Lim KOR 196.79
Yi Christy Leung HKG 190.17
Yelim Kim KOR 181.44
Kailani Craine AUS 178.33
Hanul Kim KOR 167.45
Brooklee Han AUS 163.60
Hongyi Chen CHN 160.21
(Aiza Mambekova KAZ 123.12- ISU SB)

Nirti

Medalist
In 2019 we'll see quite the same number of entries than in the last years. Individual skaters can still reach the minimum TES at Torun Cup and EDU Sport Trophy, we are still waiting for the entries at EDU.

Ladies : 22 skaters
Ziquan ZHAO (CHN), Nathalie SANGKAGALO (THA), Shuran YU and Chloe ING (SGP) are eligible to compete but seems inactive.
Aiza MAMBEKOVA (KAZ) reached the FP TES only. Hiu Ching KWONG (HKG) reached the SP TES only.

AUS2Kailani CRAINE and Brooklee HAN
BRA1Isadora WILLIAMS
CAN3Larkyn AUSTMAN, Alaine CHARTRAND and Veronik MALLET
CHN1Hongyi CHEN
TPE1Amy LIN
HKG2Yi Christy LEUNG and Joanna SO
JPN3Rika KIHIRA, Mai MIHARA and Kaori SAKAMOTO
KAZ1Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
MEX1Andrea MONTESINOS
PHI1Alisson PERTICHETO
KOR3Hanul KIM, Yelim KIM and Eunsoo LIM
USA3Mariah BELL, Ting CUI and Bradie TENNELL

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Katie has withdrawn from Torun, as far as I know. Kailani and Brooklee are our ladies team.

Nirti

Medalist
No other entry after Torun Cup and EDU Trophy, Del Rio and Toktarova were close to reach the SP TES but far from the FS one.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So we are pretty much expecting a Japanese podium, right...?
Yes, it’s definitely theirs to lose, particularly without Gabby Daleman, who would have been the only other person present to ever go above 140 in the free skate.

The non-Japanese B-team is nevertheless stronger here than the non-Russian B-team at Europeans, so there’s less margin for error.

readernick

Medalist
So we are pretty much expecting a Japanese podium, right...?

I think that is a likely scenario. Semi-clean Rika beats everyone. Kaori/ Mai , if clean, likely beat the rest but I think there is a chance Bradie, Mariah or Eunsoo win. Bradie has the second most difficult content ( after Rika) so she can’t be written off. Mariah and Eunsoo are charming skaters , if clean, they will get decent PCS.

rain

Record Breaker
The Japanese ladies are the favourites, but I wouldn't count out Bradie Tennell or Eunsoo Lim.

Ziotic

Medalist
I would say the odds of a Russian sweep at Euros was more probable than a Japanese sweep at 4CC.

And as we saw the Russian’s didn’t sweep. So I think it would be foolish to discount anyone who’s had strong showings this season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I would say the odds of a Russian sweep at Euros was more probable than a Japanese sweep at 4CC.

And as we saw the Russian’s didn’t sweep. So I think it would be foolish to discount anyone who’s had strong showings this season.
Yes and no, I think.

While the European ladies ranks were depleted without Carolina or Loena, two of the three Russian ladies (Alina and Stanislava) had big question marks around their reliability. And ultimately, what happened was that Viveca beat Stanislava, which had already happened before at Finlandia Trophy.

While, as I previously noted, the non-Japanese ladies at 4CC are a stronger bunch than the non-Russian European ladies, none of the Japanese are as inconsistent as Stanislava, and none of them have lost to any of their potential challengers. Mai, who would probably be deemed the weakest of the three, has beaten Mariah twice already this season (Nebelhorn and NHK) and both Bradie and Eun-soo once (France and NHK, respectively).

So I could reasonably argue that the Japanese are more likely to sweep than the Russians were, despite the stronger competition.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yes and no, I think.

While the European ladies ranks were depleted without Carolina or Loena, two of the three Russian ladies (Alina and Stanislava) had big question marks around their reliability. And ultimately, what happened was that Viveca beat Stanislava, which had already happened before at Finlandia Trophy.

While, as I previously noted, the non-Japanese ladies at 4CC are a stronger bunch than the non-Russian European ladies, none of the Japanese are as inconsistent as Stanislava, and none of them have lost to any of their potential challengers. Mai, who would probably be deemed the weakest of the three, has beaten Mariah twice already this season (Nebelhorn and NHK) and both Bradie and Eun-soo once (France and NHK, respectively).

So I could reasonably argue that the Japanese are more likely to sweep than the Russians were, despite the stronger competition.

Agreed.

I'm expecting this to go Rika>Kaori>Mai.
Although Mai is one the most consistent Japanese, she tends to be arguably underscored in PCS so I'd say she would be the one to drop off the podium if other skater(probably Bradie or Eunsoo) skates lights out.
Rika is not exactly safe either, as we seen in Japan Nats, a clean Kaori could win over an unclean Rika. This will be a very interesting competition. :love:
I'm curious to see how Eunsoo will do, she wasn't perfect in Korea. :confused:
Bradie has a good chance for the podium if perfectly clean. :think:
I'm expecting Mariah to be top 6, but not very high, although her skating this season is really great, she just doesn't have all the levels and jumps sorted out it seems.

readernick

Medalist
Yes and no, I think.

Agree, but Kaori is not the most consistent skater ( obviously more consistent than Stanislava) and Mai is not loved by the judges. I think a clean Kaori will definitely be on the podium but one with a few mistakes might not. Mai could be basically clean ( she usually gets an UR or two ) and be beaten by Bradie whose SB is very close to Mai’s and whose technical
content is more difficult. Or Eunsoo, who is a beautiful skater. We will see ! I think we may see at least one slight surprise on the podium.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Agree, but Kaori is not the most consistent skater ( obviously more consistent than Stanislava) and Mai is not loved by the judges. I think a clean Kaori will definitely be on the podium but one with a few mistakes might not. Mai could be basically clean ( she usually gets an UR or two ) and be beaten by Bradie whose SB is very close to Mai’s and whose technical
content is more difficult. Or Eunsoo, who is a beautiful skater. We will see ! I think we may see at least one slight surprise on the podium.

I think Kaori is pretty consistent. She had a few fluke falls in the beginning of the season but I think she's one of those skaters who takes a little while to rise during the season. I'm also expecting her to get a little "boost"(more deservingly so than just because of reputation) on her PCS because she is the Japanese Ladies Champion. Bradie's SB is about 6 points lower than Kaori's(although that was right at the very beginning of the season at Canada challenger).
Anyway, I think the field here is actually kind of deep and that this will be a very exciting competition!
:hap10:

Looking forward to the "slight surprises"! :biggrin:

lusterfan

Final Flight
Assuming everyone is clean, I want to say Rika and Kaori will definitely be on the podium. Rounding out the podium will be one of Mai, Bradie, Mariah. Eunsoo, Ting, and Elizabet have a decent shot as well.

The ladies free in Anaheim will be my first time attending a figure skating competition, so I'm beyond excited!!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I don’t think that Mariah has such a decent shot at the podium. The sp will be her undoing. That 3-3 is so sketchy. ☹️

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don’t think that Mariah has such a decent shot at the podium. The sp will be her undoing. That 3-3 is so sketchy. [emoji3525]
I feel like Mariah would benefit on having an "easier" tech content but of high quality. She has a nice 3T when she's on so doing a 3T-3T for the SP would be a good idea to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.