2019 Four Continents: Pairs' Pregame Chat | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents: Pairs' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirti

Medalist
It's particularly frustrating for the chinese pair Wang/Wang, who didn't compete internationally since 2 seasons.

Pairs : 11 teams
No other active chinese team meet the TES (Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG didn't compete internationaly since 2 seasons).

AUS1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
CAN3Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO, Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE and Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD
CHN2Cheng PENG / Yang JIN and Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
PRK1Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
JPN1Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
USA3Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC, Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER and Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA

Last edited by a moderator:

moses

Rinkside
How I've missed S/H this season. I'm hoping this 4CC is as successful for them as their 2017 4CC return.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is there really nobody else China could send for that third spot?

Assuming they stay healthy :)pray:), the 4CC pairs contest should be Sui/Han's private little lake for the next couple of seasons, I expect.

Peng/Jin seem like favourites for the silver here, though that's more within the regular flux of pairs events. It'll be really interesting to see how things shake up among the North American pairs teams.

Nika09

On the Ice
I think P/J have pretty good chances for Gold as well. They were doing very well this season and we don"t know how well have S/H recovered and was able to trained for this competition. It"s going to be interesting anyway.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking forward to this event! Both the Aussies and the North Korean pairs will be there - who I really like!

I love Peng and Jin's programs this year! :) Also looking forward to Sui and Han and how they'll go in this later half of the season. Shame about Yu/Zhang not been able to compete though!

I also look forward to the Japanese pair and whoever the USA sends, will Ashley and Tim be among them?

readernick

Medalist
It seems like gold and silver will be a competition between the two Chinese pairs. Honestly, I love them both. S/H are obviously favored but Peng/ Jin have a lot more competitive experience so I would not write them off. MT/M are favored for bronze but if Cain/Leduc skate well here they have a chance. I think the North Koreans have a shot, too. So excited to see the Chinese pairs!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I also think the North Koreans have a chance at bronze if they skate well. It will be fun to see how spots 3-6 shake out.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Best wishes to Ashley & Tim! I like this pair - they have their own style and charm (not at last because of Ashley's height). Hope they will make a podium in Anaheim.

By the way - what about watching pairs live? Who will air/stream (except NBC with their Skating Pass not awailible here in Ukraine (missing Icenetwork very much))

Roast Toast

Medalist
Really looking forward to seeing Sui and Han's free skate! I'm hoping for another iconic "Rain, in your black eyes" program after P/C and Aliev. One a year!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Really looking forward to seeing Sui and Han's free skate! I'm hoping for another iconic "Rain, in your black eyes" program after P/C and Aliev. One a year!

Dmitri didn't actually use "Rain, in your black eyes" ever. P/C used "Rain, in your black eyes" with "To Build A Home" in their 2015-16 FD and Dmitri used "To Build A Home" with "Little Miss Sunshine" for his 2017-18 FS. But Dmitri is using another song by Ezio Bosso who did Rain, called "Clouds, The Mind on the (Re)Wind" for his FS this season.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Dmitri didn't actually use "Rain, in your black eyes" ever. P/C used "Rain, in your black eyes" with "To Build A Home" in their 2015-16 FD and Dmitri used "To Build A Home" with "Little Miss Sunshine" for his 2017-18 FS. But Dmitri is using another song by Ezio Bosso who did Rain, called "Clouds, The Mind on the (Re)Wind" for his FS this season.

I never knew these were two different songs!

pesto

On the Ice
Only 11 teams in Euros, one of whom withdrew before the free. Only 11 here.

So worldwide, that's just 22 pairs teams with both the minimum TES and national backing to compete at this level. That's a depressingly small number. I wonder if the qualifying criteria are too stringent.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think Pairs just got hit particularly hard by retirements, breakups, injuries and decisions to sit out the season in the aftermath of the Olympics. The field will build up again over the next few years!

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
I think Pairs just got hit particularly hard by retirements, breakups, injuries and decisions to sit out the season in the aftermath of the Olympics. The field will build up again over the next few years!

Hope so....

Status
Not open for further replies.