Medalist
Here are the projected entries

AUS1James MIN
AUT1Luc MAIERHOFER
AZE1Vladimir LITVINTSEV
BLR1Aleksandr LEBEDEV or Yakau ZENKO
BUL1Radoslav MARINOV or Aleksandr ZLATKOV
CAN2Stephen GOGOLEV and Joseph PHAN
CHN1Yudong CHEN (Shuai FANG and Yan HAO are eligible too but didn’t skate this season)
CZE1Matyas BELOHRADSKY, Radek JAKUBKA and Daniel MRAZEK
CRO1Charles KATANOVIC
EST1Aleksandr SELEVKO or Mihhail SELEVKO
FRA1Adam SIAO HIM FA
GEO1Irakli MAYSURADZE
GER2between Isaak DROYSEN, Denis GURDZHI, Jonathan HESS, Kai JAGODA, Florian PASCHKE, Daniel SAPOZNIKOV and Nikita STAROSTIN
GBR1Edward APPLEBY or Luke DIGBY
ISR1Mark GORODNITSKY
ITA2Gabriele FRANGIPANI and Daniel GRASSL
JPN2Koshiro SHIMADA and Tatsuya TSUBOI
KAZ1between Rakhat BRALIN, Nikita MANKO and Mikhail SHAIDOROV
LAT1Kims PAVLOVS
MAS1Kai Xiang CHEW
MEX1Donovan CARRILLO
POL1Ryszard GURTLER or Kornel WITKOWSKI
KOR2Younghyun CHA and Sihyeong LEE
RUS3Aleksei EROKHOV, Petr GUMENNIK and Roman SAVOSIN
SGP1Chadwick WANG
ESP1Aleix GABARA
SWE1Nikolaj MAJOROV
SUI1Noah BODENSTEIN, Tomas GUARINO or Nurullah SAHAKA
THA1Micah LYNETTE
TUR1Basar OKTAR or Alp Eren OZKAN
UKR2Andriy KOKURA and Ivan SHMURATKO
USA3Tomoki HIWATASHI, Alexei KRASNOZHON and Camden PULKINEN

Last year we saw 48 skaters in Sofia… A new record which was probably not expected by the ISU when creating the minimum TES ! This year we’ll see very less skaters, especially because of many of last year’s skaters are not age-eligible anymore. For the moment, 42 skaters can be sent to JW, but some of them didn’t skate at junior level this season, so the number of entries could be lower.

Skaters who meet the SP TES only : Darian KAPTICH (AUS), Anton SKOFICZ (AUT), Mikalai KAZLOU (BLR), Yauhenii PUZANAU (BLR), Fang-Yi LIN (TPE), Lofti SEREIR (FRA), Tim ENGLAND (GER), Louis WEISSERT (GER), Elliott THOMPSON (GBR), Nikolaj MEMOLA (ITA), Harrison BAIN (NZL), Egor KHLOPKOV (POL), Milosz WITKOWSKI (POL), Evan WRENSCH (RSA), Omer Efe SAYICI (TUR)
Skaters who meet the FP TES only : Filip SCERBA (CZE), Matthieu GOMEZ (FRA), Emanuele INDELICATO (ITA), Artur PANIKHIN (KAZ)

Here’s the list of 2019 competitions where the skaters can earn their TES for Worlds. In brackets, the skaters concerned. In bold, the ones who obtained these TES.

- Skate Helena, Serbia (Katanovic, Marinov)
- Reykjavik International Games, Iceland (none)
- Bavarian Open, Germany (Gabara, Appleby)
- Sofia Trophy, Bulgaria (Witkowski)
- The Nordics, Sweden (none)
- Dragon Trophy, Slovenia (none)

Nirti

Medalist
January, 20th edit :
Charles Katanovic (Croatia) qualified himself for JW at Skate Helena. This is a difficult period for him, as he was coached by Jean-François Ballester, who suddenly passed away some weeks ago.
Radoslav Marinov add his name for the bulgarian selection, now to be decided between him and Aleksandr Zlatkov.

readernick

Medalist
How will they do against the Japanese, Americans and Russians I wonder?

Good? Joseph Phan is a wonderful well-rounded skater. Gogolev while lacking in SS and performance( not surprising considering his age) is the most technically advanced. It will all come down to who is the best on the day. ( or least bad considering junior men’s inconsistency)

Rissa

Record Breaker
Krasnozhon still doing junior worlds? I thought he was too old and switched to the senior circuit completely.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
How will they do against the Japanese, Americans and Russians I wonder?
Seeing as Gogo won the JGP Final and is the world record holder in juniors, he would have to be considered the favourite here.

But since this is a men's event, anything could happen.

He did move up to seniors for this season, but he's still junior eligible. He, Camden and Tomoki are all aging out after this season.
I remember being surprised at first at Alexei going back to Junior Worlds, which felt to me like a step down after moving up to seniors, but thinking back on his having to withdraw last year, I can see the appeal.

Nirti

Medalist
One last-minute ticket earned by Aleix Gabara (Spain) at Bavarian Open!

The maximum number of entries will be 42.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Switzerland's entry will be Nurullah Sahaka, who just won the qualifying skate-off (and the Junior Men's competition overall) against Tomas Llorenc Guarino Sabate at Bavarian Open.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Seeing as Gogo won the JGP Final and is the world record holder in juniors, he would have to be considered the favourite here.

But since this is a men's event, anything could happen
Krasnozhon also favorite imo, and Gumennik/Shimada for podium (not necessarily the title), which both perform quite well at their country nationals. Hiwatashi also could be a favorite depending how he did at 4CC this week. Also dont forget last year champion Erokhov probably will be competing as well since this is his last chance to get higher SB since he skip GP and senior nationals due to injury (he placed 4th in junior nats)

sheetz

Record Breaker
I feel the most likely to challenge Gogolev is Daniel Grassl. He didn't do that great on the JGP but has really turned it on lately and finished 6th at Europeans. He has both 4Lz and 4Lo.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i don't know, he still lacks of consistency. i can totally see him in the top 4 tough

Nirti

Medalist
And now the race to reach the TES is closed. Poland secured its place in Zagreb thanks to Kornel Witkowski (as Ryszard Gurtler seems inactive) and Great Britain can now send Edward Appleby too.

Erokhov, Hiwatashi, Krasnozhon, Pulkinen and Savosin are all in their last junior season.
The last man who won 2 times the junior world title was Adam Rippon 10 years ago :)