ROM1Julia SAUTER
RUS3Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, Sofia SAMODUROVA and Alina ZAGITOVA
SVK1Nicole RAJICOVA
SLO1Dasa GRM
ESP1Valentina MATOS
SWE1Anita ÖSTLUND
SUI1Alexia PAGANINI
USA2Mariah BELL and Bradie TENNELL

As of february 25th, 40 skaters can enter, following the last-minute qualification of Austria, Lithuania and the Netherlands. It can be a new record since the TES have been established in 2012.

Skaters who meet the SP TES only : Charlotte VANDERSARREN (BEL), Amy LIN (TPE), Hana CVIJANOVIC (CRO), Elzbieta GABRYSZAK (POL)
Skaters who meet the FP TES only : Alina IUSHCHENKOVA (ISR), Diana NIKITINA (LAT), Alisson PERTICHETO (PHI), Antonina DUBININA (SRB)

Here’s the list of 2019 competitions where the skaters can earn their TES for Worlds. In brackets, the skaters concerned. In bold, the ones who obtained these TES.
- Mentor Torun Cup, Poland (Piredda, Ceder)
- EDU Sport Trophy, Romania (none)
- Skate Helena, Serbia (none)
- European Championships, Belarus (Sauter)
- Reykjavik International Games, Iceland (none)
- Four Continents Championships, USA (none)
- Bavarian Open, Germany (Cotop)
- Sofia Trophy, Bulgaria (Gennaro)
- The Nordics, Sweden (none)
- Dragon Trophy, Slovenia (none)
- Jegvirag Cup, Hungary (none)
- Ice Mall Cup, Israel (none)
- TallinK Hotels Cup, Estonia (Kropa)
- Challenge Cup, The Netherlands (Schaller, Van Tiel)

Nirti

Medalist
At Europeans, Julia Sauter from Romania reached the short program TES and directly qualified to Worlds.
Lucrezia Gennaro from Italia reached it too, but now needs to reach the free skating TES.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Vera Stolt from Finland has FS TES (50,76 Christmas Cup, HUN 29.11.-2.1.2018) not SP.
Finland has clear rule: The lady who has got highest SB when they make the selection will go to worlds. Selection will be made 6 days before deadline. So most likely it will be Viveca. But anything can happen.

Nirti

Medalist
Oops, I forgot Vera. It's updated.

For sure Viveca will go to Worlds... A top10 is not impossible.

:dance: This is the most exciting competition of the season for me. Did not think I would be saying that at the beginning of the season, but the women really brought it this season.

Is Kostner going to be there? Last I heard, she was recovering from the injury that caused her to sit out Euros.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
:dance: This is the most exciting competition of the season for me. Did not think I would be saying that at the beginning of the season, but the women really brought it this season.

Is Kostner going to be there. Last I heard, she was recovering from the injury that caused her to sit out Euros.

it will be a shame if Kostner is not able to compete, I wanted to see what her programs would be like, she always brings the good programs and the good skating. She'll be missed. :(
I hope she can recover in time.

I agree, this season has been different from what we anticipated with the Ladies field and isn't that nice? :)
Worlds will be super exciting!!! :dance:

I agree, this season has been different from what we anticipated with the Ladies field and isn't that nice? :)
Worlds will be super exciting!!! :dance:
It's a very talented field! I was really not feeling it last season (especially compared to the men, who I think are all super-talented), but something clicked this season with the ladies. I don't think the programs are that great, but I can appreciate the qualities this season in Zagi, Rika, Tukt, Kaori, Sofya.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Very possible, but I think bronze is up for grabbing

It is possible but not that possible imo... Satoko will be on the mercy of the tech panel, Kaori is a strong skater but she has a flutz and gets average PCS, Rika of course if clean I don't see how she could be off the podium but ice is slippery, especially when you have three 3As with one in combination. Plus, this will be a very tough field. I think the podium will be Russia and Japan, divided god knows how. If the Russian team is Zagitova, Sofia and Elizaveta(most probably will be), that's one hell of a team! I can see Zagitova easily beating Kaori and Satoko with her massive PCS, even if she's not totally clean. Liza might bring on two clean skates and blow everyone away. Sofia has proven herself as reliable as one can be, if Liza doesn't do well enough and Zagitova has a historic meltdown, I trust her to get the team spots for next season.

Then we have Bradie and Eunsoo and even Mariah, if the favorites are having a very bad day they might as well sneak in and finish at top 6.

readernick

Medalist
Such an exciting worlds. I love the two triple axel girls (Hopefully, Liza will be sent). Rika’s lp is my favorite program this season. ( and she has long been my favorite) I also love Eunsoo and Mariah’s programs. Bradie’s sp is good. Alina’s spins are lovely. Sophia has charm. Satoko has those beautiful edges and performance quality. Kaori has her beautiful Japanese knee bend and contagious happiness. And , hopefully Kostner will be there to show everyone how to skate and command a room! Looking forward to this awesome event.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I'm looking forward to the Japan Russia Battle Royale! Can Alina finally get that WC after last year's meltdown and off the podium all together after her Olympic victory or will she be pipped by this season's up and coming talent Rika? Only time will tell!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is going to be a very intense and exciting competition with multiple frontrunners and I for one can't wait to see not only who wins, but who takes the other places too. Each medal position will be highly contested IMO, --Until the Russian team is decided, it's difficult to imagine how it might shake out? :confused:

deneb

On the Ice
Lucrezia Gennaro got FS TES at Sofia Trophy so she's now eligible.
The second spot of Italy could be Marina Piredda because she's ahead in ranking but Lucrezia can be the 1st alternate and join the team in case Carolina cannot recover in time.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It's a very talented field! I was really not feeling it last season (especially compared to the men, who I think are all super-talented), but something clicked this season with the ladies. I don't think the programs are that great, but I can appreciate the qualities this season in Zagi, Rika, Tukt, Kaori, Sofya.

I find this to be a weird quirk of this season. Very, very few programs I like out of the ladies crop, but the skating and competitive fields at basically every event have been really enjoyable.

I find this to be a weird quirk of this season. Very, very few programs I like out of the ladies crop, but the skating and competitive fields at basically every event have been really enjoyable.

It's been a long time coming :laugh: More readily available, advanced training for depth of field; dwindling quality of choreography due to bad rule structure. My two favourite programs are Sakamoto's LP and Kihira's LP.

Maybe next season will be better, though. :D

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
And now a new potential medalist emerged - Tursunbaeva, if she manages to land her quad. It will really be an interesting competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.