POL1Igor REZNICHENKO
KOR1Junhwan CHA
RUS3Mikhail KOLYADA, Maksim KOVTUN and Aleksandr SAMARIN
SWE1Alexander MAJOROV
SUI1Lukas BRITSCHGI
TUR1Burak DEMIRBOGA
UKR1Ivan SHMURATKO
USA3Jason BROWN, Nathan CHEN and Vincent ZHOU

As of february 25th, 35 skaters can enter. It’s 2 skaters less than in 2018, but still more than in 2015 and 2016 (30 skaters).

Skaters who meet the SP TES only : Yakau ZENKO (BLR), Nicky OBREYKOV (BUL), Chih-I TSAO (TPE), Jiri BELOHRADSKY (CZE), Matyas BELOHRADSKY (CZE), Sondre ODDVOLL BOE (NOR), Michael NEUMAN (SVK), Javier RAYA (ESP), Micah Kai LYNETTE (THA)
Skaters who meet the FP TES only : Aleksandr LEBEDEV (BLR), Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ)
Uzbekistan’s 2 spots will not be filled after Misha GE’s retirement.

Here’s the list of 2019 competitions where the skaters can earn their TES for Worlds. In brackets, the skaters concerned. In bold, the ones who obtained these TES.
- Mentor Torun Cup, Poland (Frangipani)
- EDU Sport Trophy, Romania (none)
- Skate Helena, Serbia (none)
- European Championships, Belarus (Siao Him Fa)
- Reykjavik International Games, Iceland (no senior men event)
- Four Continents Championships, USA (Carrillo)
- Bavarian Open, Germany (none)
- Sofia Trophy, Bulgaria (Murashov)
- The Nordics, Sweden (none)
- Dragon Trophy, Slovenia (none)
- Jegvirag Cup, Hungary (none)
- Ice Mall Cup, Israel (none)
- TallinK Hotels Cup, Estonia (Naurits, Selevko)
- Challenge Cup, The Netherlands (Hallam)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One more entry after this weekend's competitions : Donovan Carrillo (Mexico)

:yahoo:

and he was such a hit at Worlds last year, and even made the free:biggrin: So proud!

century2009

On the Ice
Have the Russian man been decided?

I assume Samarin is going to be pick.

I think it would be Kolyada and Kotvun as the other 2?

Nirti

Medalist
Kolyada is in the team for sure... I'll have more doubts about Kovtun. Kovtun and Lazukin (#4 at Rus' Nats) will be both at the Universiade... If I'm right Russian Fed announced that the decision will be done after this event.

century2009

On the Ice
Kolyada is in the team for sure... I'll have more doubts about Kovtun. Kovtun and Lazukin (#4 at Rus' Nats) will be both at the Universiade... If I'm right Russian Fed announced that the decision will be done after this event.

Really? Didn't Kovtun win the National title.

I really hope Koyada goes to Worlds but not sure given his difficult season.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last weekend Lazukin skated at Dragon Trophy and lost to Alexander Petrov. Lazukin bombed the FS there, falling on both quad attempts and on the 3A as well.

Nirti

Medalist
Really? Didn't Kovtun win the National title.

I really hope Koyada goes to Worlds but not sure given his difficult season.

And after that Kovtun finished 14th at Europeans :rolleye:;)
Kolyada bombed the FS too, but finished 5th overall, and scored 100 points during the SP.

However, sending Lazukin to Worlds would be indeed risky, as he has no "ISU Championships" experience. And I don't see the Russian Fed calling back Voronov...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
There's Aliev too, but it's not like he's had the best season/Nats. Maybe he's in a better state, tho.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Have the Russian man been decided?

I assume Samarin is going to be pick.

I think it would be Kolyada and Kotvun as the other 2?

There is the Russian Cup final on Feb 18 - 22. Most likely, they will decide after this. (I heard that Evgenia and Stanislava will be there to try and earn a ladies worlds spot.)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One more entry after this weekend's competitions : Donovan Carrillo (Mexico)

I hope he has enough money to go.

I hope Bychencho gets to go. Did not realize there were that many Israeli figure skaters.

And of course, my favorite event of any which features Hanyu - the unleashing of the Poohs!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Moris not locked in for Georgia's entry?

i've never heard of the other gentlemen who is in the running. Does anyone know anything about him?

ragdoll

On the Ice
Alexander Majorov announced that Euros was his last competition so unless he has changed his mind, he is not going to Worlds. By the way, does anyone know if the Russian cup final is streamed online? I would love to watch it.

Nirti

Medalist
Majorov announced it's his last season, but said he had 2 or 3 more competitions after Euros, so Nordics and Worlds.

Is Moris not locked in for Georgia's entry?

i've never heard of the other gentlemen who is in the running. Does anyone know anything about him?

He's probably locked ;) But until there's no known official announcement, I list all the skaters who has the possibility to skate at Worlds. In this case, Maysuradze will probably be the 1st alternate. He ended #23 at the Euros this year, #17 last year.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
And of course, my favorite event of any which features Hanyu - the unleashing of the Poohs!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I heard they only allow those in Premium seats to throw things on to the ice. That is a very small portion of the audience. So sadly there’ll at best be only a sprinkle of Poohs on ice.

ankifeather

Final Flight
You are right, Japan for some bizarre reason, decided to restrict throwing to a handful of seats. These days you even need to pay to have the right to throw Pooh.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
You are right, Japan for some bizarre reason, decided to restrict throwing to a handful of seats. These days you even need to pay to have the right to throw Pooh.

That’s crazy but gotta make them $$$$/¥¥¥¥.

Status
Not open for further replies.