Watching the short program with Mirai | Golden Skate

Watching the short program with Mirai

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok yall, I did something very bad today. I was sitting in my car waiting for my brother in law to get out of the store..minding my own business...reading a book in my Kindle app...when all of a sudden an email comes in from USFS...It says "Enjoy hors' doeuvres (what a word) and libations while watching the short program in a private suite with Mirai Nigasu." 7:30 to 11 pm...space limited to 20 people..so 19 other people and Mirai for 3.5 hours....without giving myself time to think about all the tasty rice and beans I will be eating from now until the end of time, I quickly went and purchased a ticket. Is anyone else going?

mishulyia

On the Ice
I got this email too! It sounds so swanky.. I think you’ll need to be dressed in cocktail attire. I can’t wait to read about your experience!!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got this email too! It sounds so swanky.. I think you’ll need to be dressed in cocktail attire. I can’t wait to read about your experience!!

Oh lordy. I actually have some...now if I can find it and if it will still fit is the question...glad you brought that up. I will have to make something work because I don't want to eat rice and beans for an additional month for a new dress...

Todd

Spectator
Hey can you share the email I would like to attend I used to dance for ABT.

Thx
Todd

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey can you share the email I would like to attend I used to dance for ABT.

Thx
Todd

i went to look at the url and it said "capacity reached." Sorry:( It was limited to 20.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Ooo, sounds super fun! Please do share your experience! I'd love to see any photos you get too, assuming you are allowed some photo ops :) :pray:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that you will have a wonderful time. It will be a lifetime happy memory. Plus Mirai will probably have some great insight and I interesting comments. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that you will have a wonderful time. It will be a lifetime happy memory. Plus Mirai will probably have some great insight and I interesting comments. :)

I'm very excited, but I'm going to feel like an oompa loompa next to Mirai. I've got size 10 feet, I'm on heavy doses of steroids which have caused massive weight gain and I'm sure i'll be the largest person in the room. Usually it doesn't bother me so much but skaters (and gymnasts) are SO TINY. I hardly ever consume alcohol, but maybe I should go into training, so I can score a few free drinks and not get hammered.

And I bet I have one GUARANTEED autograph!:love:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ok yall, I did something very bad today. I was sitting in my car waiting for my brother in law to get out of the store..minding my own business...reading a book in my Kindle app...when all of a sudden an email comes in from USFS...It says "Enjoy hors' doeuvres (what a word) and libations while watching the short program in a private suite with Mirai Nigasu." 7:30 to 11 pm...space limited to 20 people..so 19 other people and Mirai for 3.5 hours....without giving myself time to think about all the tasty rice and beans I will be eating from now until the end of time, I quickly went and purchased a ticket. Is anyone else going?

Did I miss something about the tasty rice and beans comment? Does this mean they give you lots of rice and beans as appetizers to the point you will take them home? I hope this isn't some kind of scam for your sake. But it sounds fun.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm very excited, but I'm going to feel like an oompa loompa next to Mirai. I've got size 10 feet, I'm on heavy doses of steroids which have caused massive weight gain and I'm sure i'll be the largest person in the room. Usually it doesn't bother me so much but skaters (and gymnasts) are SO TINY. I hardly ever consume alcohol, but maybe I should go into training, so I can score a few free drinks and not get hammered.

Ah moonvine just go out and show them your true radiant personality. Don't worry about weight or what you wear. It would be nice if they gave you some kind of dress code though. HOwever, you can't go wrong with a lovely black shift or even a patterend orlace one with a cashmere cardigan. If it seems too dressy just button up the cardigan or carry a denim jacket. if it is more formal off the cardigan. Of course a pair of black pants and a cool blouse can work - again carry a cardigan to play it down if necessary or denim jacket. Denim over a sequined dress can make it playful. Still I do hate when it isn't clear the dress code. lol.

frida80

Record Breaker
Did I miss something about the tasty rice and beans comment? Does this mean they give you lots of rice and beans as appetizers to the point you will take them home? I hope this isn't some kind of scam for your sake. But it sounds fun.

No, that’s a joke that the poster will have to eat rice and beans in exchange for splurging on this event.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

LOL, no..it means I will be eating rice and beans for at least a month in order to afford it. But how often do these opportunities come up? It is not a scam, it came directly from US Figure Skating. I bet the snacks they are serving will be tasty:) (Even if it were a scam, my Mastercard would protect me against fraud). But I've already communicated with them about a dress code (there isn't one).

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

honey, you are allowed to have fun and be fabulous at ANY size and ANY age

Steroids are brutal. You have my condolences. :(

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Really cool! Hope you have a great time and don't forget to share about your experience here so we can live vicariously through you!!