Watching the short program with Mirai

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's the email I received today!

Hello,

Thank you for joining us to watch the ladies short program with Mirai Nagasu! We are very excited to host you during this special event. Event details are outlined below. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

When and Where:

Thursday, January 24th from 7:30 p.m to 11:30 p.m. (or end of the short program) in Suite 45 at the Little Caesars Arena. You can pick up your tickets at the Little Caesars Will Call on Thursday. (Suite is located near the Huntington/Northwest Entry)

Food and Beverage:

You can enjoy a selection of Hors d'ouevres, beer, wine and other refreshments inclusive of your ticket purchase.

Attire and Seating:

Feel free to wear what you would like, no dress code enforced. There are 18 stadium style seats, several rail and soft seats along with two large TV screens to view the event.

Have Fun with Mirai and U.S. Figure Skating!

Mirai and I are so excited to meet you! She will be arriving to the suite directly following her commentating session at the Ice Desk. Upon arrival, she will be socializing with guests and sharing her thoughts on the competition during ice resurfaces. Autograph cards will be provided however, please feel free to bring any item you would like signed or your camera to take a selfie. She's also been very busy off the ice, so be sure to ask her about her 'Dancing with the Stars’ appearance!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at bdiederich@usfigureskating or reference the Little Caesars Arena FAQ, found HERE. See you soon!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I will hobble away as fast as I can and hide?

LOL I don't think she will dress like that. You can't go wrong with cigarette black pants and a flowly blouse with some great earrings and jewellry. It sort of transcends casual and dressy. Or wear a LBD perhaps a line with 3 quarter bell sleeves. Wear a denim jacket or cardigan over it then when you read the crowd you can decide if it is dressier get rid of the jacket or sweater. I wouldn't worry about an evening gown lol.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coyote Chris, are you going to Nationals? If you are, I hope you get to see "your" Mirai! :luv17:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Who has a really good question for Moonvine to ask Mirai during this golden opportunity?

I think it might be fun to ask any skater who has had a long and distinguished career, which was their favorite out of all the programs they had skated, and why. I always suspect that the answer would surprise us!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a great idea. Also, for those who want to see pictures, I don't seem to be able to upload them here. Does anyone know of a picture site where i can post them to be shared here?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear. Sorry, where I come from rice isn't bad at all! Beans well that is something healthy.

It isn't that they are bad for you. I have a great red beans and rice recipe. It's that you get tired of them after eating them so often. Maybe I should start a thread in Le Cafe soliciting rice and beans recipes:laugh2:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm jealous. I have always loved her skating. Have fun!

I plan on it! The only thing that can stop me is weather that won't allow me to get to the Amtrak station, or the train being cancelled...so hope that does not happen...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I plan on it! The only thing that can stop me is weather that won't allow me to get to the Amtrak station, or the train being cancelled...so hope that does not happen..

You raise a good question. Is Amtrak affected by the federal government shutdown?

I hope the 5 inches of snow that was dumped on Detroit today won't upset your plans. :( This was the first snow all winter. Blame the Auto Show. It always snows during the Auto Show. (Next year they are planning to move it to the summer.)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope the 5 inches of snow that was dumped on Detroit today won't upset your plans. :( This was the first snow all winter. Blame the Auto Show. It always snows during the Auto Show. (Next year they are planning to move it to the summer.)

I'm not leaving until Wednesday. We did not get snow here. I hope they are accustomed enough to snow in Detroit to have the tracks cleared by Wednesday. If I have to do it I'll drive, and I don't drive in snow. It looks like Wednesday is forecast for a rain/snow mix..surely that won't stop the train?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Coyote Chris, are you going to Nationals? If you are, I hope you get to see "your" Mirai! :luv17:

Sorry, I had to suffer through the Caribbean and will suffer at 4CCs instead.... Glad to see Mirai pick up some bucks doing this gig and other gigs at Nats, though. I have pleanty of shots of Mirai and I but the meetup would be cool. I have just the clothes to wear. Here I am in a tux. (snort)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now I'm obsessively checking the weather everywhere between here and Detroit. Currently clear but cold.

Weather in the Detroit area is predicted to be pretty good all week, even rising above freezing on Wednesday. No snow but maybe a few sprinkles of rain. You should be fine at this end. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ooo, sounds super fun! Please do share your experience! I'd love to see any photos you get too, assuming you are allowed some photo ops :) :pray:

Mirai is always up for photo ops! Here she is with my notes from KC with a pic of her and I on the cover...she is very approachable..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker