Full Event Archives - ISU Eurovision & Olympic Channel Sites | Golden Skate

Full Event Archives - ISU Eurovision & Olympic Channel Sites

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Recently with the copyright infringement claims made by I believe, SBS, there are once again a large number of figure skating videos being taken down on Youtube and other streaming platforms. However, the good news is that there are full events archived on the ISU Eurovision and Olympic Channel websites. I don't think everybody is aware of them and they don't seem to be geoblocked.

Major ISU Event Archives:

https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

To access, scroll down, click "Figure Skating," and it takes you to another page. Scroll down and you will see the latest video archives of the GPF. Under these 6 videos there are drop-down buttons to browse through this season's GPs or click on "More" for other events. Most major ISU events dating back to 2012 are archived, although notable ones like Worlds 2018 seem to be missing.

Olympics Archives:

https://pyeongchang.olympicchannel.com/

Under the player, there is a red banner. Click the arrow and then "Filter by." Select Figure Skating, scroll down, and the full events would be listed.

Other videos can be searched here (eg. figure skating sochi 2014 replays): https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/search/

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... However, the good news is that there are full events archived on the ISU Eurovision and Olympic Channel websites. I don't think everybody is aware of them and they don't seem to be geoblocked.

https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/ ...

Caveat:
For the U.S., geoblocking of Eurovision continues to be in effect -- at least for some content.
(I have not attempted to check exhaustively.)​

Eurovision geoblocking has been inconsistent in the past, but the overall issue remains. At least for me in the U.S.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Caveat:
For the U.S., geoblocking of Eurovision continues to be in effect -- at least for some content.
(I have not attempted to check exhaustively.)​

Eurovision geoblocking has been inconsistent in the past, but the overall issue remains. At least for me in the U.S.

Opera browser and its built in VPN? Usually, only the webpages serving the videos have geo checks, once a download link appears you can try putting that link straight into your download manager to get a good download speed.

Miller

Final Flight
Recently with the copyright infringement claims made by I believe, SBS, there are once again a large number of figure skating videos being taken down on Youtube and other streaming platforms. However, the good news is that there are full events archived on the ISU Eurovision and Olympic Channel websites. I don't think everybody is aware of them and they don't seem to be geoblocked.

https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/

To access, scroll down, click "Figure Skating," and it takes you to another page. Scroll down and you will see the latest video archives of the GPF. Under these 6 videos there are drop-down buttons to browse through this season's GPs or click on "More" for other events. Most major ISU events dating back to 2012 are archived, although notable ones like Worlds 2018 seem to be missing.

I wish the ISU would put these on Youtube, with the same geo-blocking as necessary. How many people have even heard of Eurovisionsports, yet everyone's heard of Youtube.

If you want a resource for future generations then Youtube has to be way to go, there's even the Skating ISU Youtube channel they could use, and when it comes to geo-blocking well block as now, but as rights expire then un geo-block them so that places that couldn't see them now can.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wish the ISU would put these on Youtube, with the same geo-blocking as necessary. How many people have even heard of Eurovisionsports, yet everyone's heard of Youtube.

Good point. I watch athletics on Eurovisionsports but this website caters more to people who are more than casual fans of at least one sport (as in people who will visit an event website looking for links etc.). YouTube is much better for gaining new fans as people may come across FS videos while browsing their feed. I'm sure FS gained more fans through viral YouTube videos.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

If you want a resource for future generations then Youtube has to be way to go, there's even the Skating ISU Youtube channel they could use, and when it comes to geo-blocking well block as now, but as rights expire then un geo-block them so that places that couldn't see them now can.

Agreed, Youtube is the way to go. But until ISU figures out the rights distribution issues, they won't be uploading full events on their YT page anytime soon. And sadly, the copyright infringement claims of FujiTV and now SBS have caused fan uploads of other networks' videos to be taken down for the past two years, without a resolution to be found yet. Right now they do have nice interviews and press conferences on their YT. However, their highlights videos merely shows the standings of the competitors of the event. I'd say at least they can start uploading some of the prominent performances, if not the full shows on Youtube, like the Olympic Channel YT, to raise interest and grow the fanbase.

Miller

Final Flight
Agreed, Youtube is the way to go. But until ISU figures out the rights distribution issues, they won't be uploading full events on their YT page anytime soon. And sadly, the copyright infringement claims of FujiTV and now SBS have caused fan uploads of other networks' videos to be taken down for the past two years, without a resolution to be found yet. Right now they do have nice interviews and press conferences on their YT. However, their highlights videos merely shows the standings of the competitors of the event. I'd say at least they can start uploading some of the prominent performances, if not the full shows on Youtube, like the Olympic Channel YT, to raise interest and grow the fanbase.

Agreed. It’s the issue of future generations and getting new fans that has to be the driver in this.

I can quite see that in the next year or so there’s going to be no videos available for GPs and above. Various copyright holders are flexing their muscles and Youtube is part of the giant Google empire, so I can see them being wanting to be completely legit when it comes to things like this. For example I note that some uploaders have lost their entire archive and not just the most recent uploads, so it’s only going to get worse.

Another thing re eurovisionsports is that it’s not just videos but livestreams also. I don’t quite know how it works, for example I’m in Europe and can sometimes see some things but not others. Presumably where Eurosport has the rights. However for other things I can, maybe something like World Juniors.

It may be worthwhile trying to put together a compendium of what you can see on eurovisionsports e.g. what’s geo-blocked or not, and where, and then stick it somewhere useful such as somewhere in the Competition Forums, it’s completely legal and seems to be the ISU’s and other sporting bodies way of showing livestreams of their events and then having videos available afterwards, though as above Youtube such as the ISU’s Junior Grand Prix channel really has to be the way forward for new fans etc.