I Can Still Skate at 64 Years of Age | Golden Skate

I Can Still Skate at 64 Years of Age

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just turned 64 and I surprised myself today, by getting on the ice and joining a skating group lesson. Of course, I'm pretty rusty and unsteady but my feet knew what to do!

:biggrin:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations! :cheer:

If I remember correctly, you skated as a kid/teen, right? You might be pleasantly surprised how fast things come back. ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Doesnt surprise me! I have two skate event buds, Donald from the Frisco area and Clarence from Michigan who ice dance and they are north of 60....
Heck, my old lady is 65 and outruns wolves and her stupid 69 year old husband races a 150 mph motorcycle around mountain passes....:slink:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hot dang and hallelujah, good on ya!
Salaams, salutes, curtseys, hat tips, applause, confetti, glitter, noisemakers, and every other gesture of respect & celebration anyone can think of. Congrats and many, many more! :clap: :hap10: :cool2:
*pops champagne, raises glass*

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wow, you've got lucky to have a good health! :)

Yes, there is the luck element for sure. But as my dad used to say, you can also make your own luck. Dont smoke or use bad drugs, eat wisely and walk. Learn how to fight stress. And always have one microbrew a day and alittle chocolate....dark...with your wine.