What Happened to TSL? | Golden Skate

What Happened to TSL?

thesecondmark

Spectator
It's upsetting. Facebook, twitter, instagram, all gone. I know how hard Dave worked on TSL and prided himself on putting out good work. Must be because of the recent drama. It's really a shame.

rachno2

Record Breaker
It's upsetting. Facebook, twitter, instagram, all gone. I know how hard Dave worked on TSL and prided himself on putting out good work. Must be because of the recent drama. It's really a shame.

I know with Instagram and Facebook, at least, you can temporarily disable your account (which hides all posts) without deleting. I would assume somebody who has a strong social media presence knows these things and/or has a back-up plan to save their content.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
I know with Instagram and Facebook, at least, you can temporarily disable your account (which hides all posts) without deleting. I would assume somebody who has a strong social media presence knows these things and/or has a back-up plan to save their content.

I hope this is the case. It’s frightening that the threats have escalated to this level. I can’t even imagine what the accuser in the suit is going through or will be going through if their identity is compromised.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I hope this is the case. It’s frightening that the threats have escalated to this level. I can’t even imagine what the accuser in the suit is going through or will be going through if their identity is compromised.

I was DMing a bit with Dave and he said the last two days have been brutal. I’ll leave it there. I know TSL is controversial but he doesn’t deserve death threats.

twirlingblades

Medalist
He deleted all videos besides some interviews from almost a year ago and beyond. His recent interviews are gone. Very sad, I hope he eventually puts them back up.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Why do a couple crazies always have to ruin everything? :whack::gaah: I hope Dave is able to take a break and stay safe. He's taken a lot of hate so these threats must have been credible. So sad . . .

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

Videos can also be made private on YouTube. That’s what Dave has done there.

This whole situation is appalling and darkly ironic.

twirlingblades

Medalist
Videos can also be made private on YouTube. That’s what Dave has done there.

This whole situation is appalling and darkly ironic.

Usually privatized videos say that they are private (“this video has been privatized”). For me they are just not showing up at all, but I’m on mobile so it might be different

Bcash

Final Flight
Death threats are absolutely unacceptable. But I think Dave probably should have refrained from commenting on this recent Coughlin Episode before things get clearer. That Brennan interview was not necessary.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
There is a dark cloud over Nationals this year. I'm very uncomfortable with how unequipped this sport is to engage in discourse on abuse.

Bcash

Final Flight
Usually privatized videos say that they are private (“this video has been privatized”). For me they are just not showing up at all, but I’m on mobile so it might be different

I haven't checked YT but the whole Twitter and Instagram accounts seem to have been permanently deleted. Error message if you try to access the pages.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I haven't checked YT but the whole Twitter and Instagram accounts seem to have been permanently deleted. Error message if you try to access the pages.

On mobile, playlists show [Private Video] and older interviews are still available. The Twitter account is deactivated.

I emailed Dave this weekend and told him to skip nationals (“When your enemy knows where you are, DON’T BE THERE”). I’m not surprised that it came to this, but I’m disgusted and irate. (At those sending death threats, not TSL.)

GGFan

Record Breaker
Death threats are absolutely unacceptable. But I think Dave probably should have refrained from commenting on this recent Coughlin Episode before things get clearer. That Brennan interview was not necessary.

I don't think there's a BUT here. Your first statement says it all.

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
The skating community and fandom can be rather ugly.

I hope people stop harassing Dave; he’s not to blame for John’s suicide.