European championships on NBC sports network, Ashley Wagner | Golden Skate

European championships on NBC sports network, Ashley Wagner

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
So I just finshed watching the pairs skating in NBC sports network with Tara and Johnny (not going to say my thoughts about them) Now they are showing the European men’s short program and Ashley Wagner is commentating. I have to say I like her as a commentator. She’s not talking throughout the whole program and when she does talk it’s interesting. It’s a nice change! What do you guys think?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy crap i was wondering who this woman was commentating. She's not bad at all.

She's doing great. Insightful, precise, balanced, not too chatty. We should all write to NBC and tell them we like her. :yes:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I want Ashley and her co commentator for all the NBC events. Bye Tara and Johnny. :coffee:

RyJoseph

Spectator
Ashley Wagner commentating

Any thoughts on how she’s doing covering the European Championships?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly don’t care for her. Much prefer Tanith, who commentated Europeans last year.

lizardlass

On the Ice
I haven't even listened to her commentary yet, and still I say go ahead and replace Johnny and Tara with Ashley and Tanith, and keep Terry.

noskates

Record Breaker
I thought Ashley did a great job. Her voice is pleasing, she's knowledgeable and she doesn't talk too much. After watching some of the US Nats I remembered how much I dislike Tara Lipinski, her voice AND her opinionated commentary. I still like Johnny - I think he gives the most comprehensive play-by-play commentary. I like knowing why a jump failed and he and Ashley both address that. I do like Tanith but she isn't as adept at calling the disciplines other than dance. Ashley mentioned last night during the European Pairs Final that she had sat down with Marisa Castelli before the season started and got in depth knowledge of pairs. Thought that was a good sign that she's taking this seriously and wants to be good at it.

Jetta

Rinkside
Was never the biggest fan of her skating, but am I am very much enjoying her commentary. I’d love NBC to bring her on in place of Tara.

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
I thought Ashley did a great job. Her voice is pleasing, she's knowledgeable and she doesn't talk too much. After watching some of the US Nats I remembered how much I dislike Tara Lipinski, her voice AND her opinionated commentary. I still like Johnny - I think he gives the most comprehensive play-by-play commentary. I like knowing why a jump failed and he and Ashley both address that. I do like Tanith but she isn't as adept at calling the disciplines other than dance. Ashley mentioned last night during the European Pairs Final that she had sat down with Marisa Castelli before the season started and got in depth knowledge of pairs. Thought that was a good sign that she's taking this seriously and wants to be good at it.

The other commentator asked her about one of the men that changed jumps during the program and if the judges care about that and her answer was very informative.