European championships on NBC sports network, Ashley Wagner | Page 2 | Golden Skate

European championships on NBC sports network, Ashley Wagner

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just listened to Sinead Kerr commenting on the Rhythm Dance at Europeans. She is very interesting and insightful with that pleasing voice.

Nice to have another option when US Nationals and Europeans are the same week.

readernick

Medalist
I also love Ashley’s commentary. I wish NBC would replace Tara and Johnny with Ashley, Tanith, Charlie or Ben Agosto. They are all great commentators.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I also love Ashley’s commentary. I wish NBC would replace Tara and Johnny with Ashley, Tanith, Charlie or Ben Agosto. They are all great commentators.

Tanith does the ice dance commentary for them already (she's on NBCSN broadcasts for nationals), Charlie's on NBC Gold.

Ben is coaching event so no commentary.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

You know what’s funny about that? I would love that too, but it seems Johnny and Tara really are popular. I mean people had made SIGNS for Tara and Johnny tonight? Who does that? Maybe I should make a sign for Tanith and Charlie? And someone was tweeting she was about to pass out because she *thought* she could see Tara from her seat? I met Scott Hamilton tonight and didn’t even pass out!!

w4300

Rinkside
I really enjoyed her commentary. She was very informative and didn't talk over the music. I would take her over Tara in a heartbeat

catjohnsn2

Spectator
Ashley had an earlier outing as a commentator in the fall and she has improved a great deal. I was impressed with her during Europeans. Much improved, less chatty, more calm! She was good. I adore Tanith, Tara has never impressed me at all and I'm convinced that Johnny is wearing wigs!!

katymay

Medalist
So I just finshed watching the pairs skating in NBC sports network with Tara and Johnny (not going to say my thoughts about them) Now they are showing the European men’s short program and Ashley Wagner is commentating. I have to say I like her as a commentator. She’s not talking throughout the whole program and when she does talk it’s interesting. It’s a nice change! What do you guys think?

I like Tara and Johnny. I love Ted Barton. The Eurosport guys. And I still love Scotty. I think Ashley has a nice voice quality, but a lack of interest, knowledge or enthusiasm for the individual skaters.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I honestly don’t care for her. Much prefer Tanith, who commentated Europeans last year.

Agreed. Don't care for Wagner. Tanith is great but I LOVE Charlie's commentary. He was fantastic during the 4k Olys broadcast. And before he switched to ice dance he was a singles skater and had all his triples up to the axel so he can still talk about the technical.