Kori Ade & Scott Hamilton Skate Academy | Golden Skate

Kori Ade & Scott Hamilton Skate Academy

DinkyD

Rinkside
This sounds pretty official. It is on the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy site:

FUTURE PROGRAM OPPORUNITIES
From the staff at SHARP 4 Sports, we are incredibly honored and excited to be making the Nashville area our home! Scott Hamilton's Skating Academy's staff is top notch and share the same love, passion and dedication towards the sport of figure skating as we value within our organization. With our transition to Nashville being gradual over the next eight months, we will be offering developing opportunities within the program as the months progress. With staff starting to arrive at the end of November, our complete staff will be present by the summer of 2019. Until then, we are dedicated to working with each of the staff at the Ford Ice Center, our participants within the program and the parents and coaches who complete each of our support systems! We can't wait to meet you all soon!

No names are mentioned, however, SHARP IS Kori Emily, and Heather so it's pretty obvious who's moving there now, and in the spring.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This sounds pretty official. It is on the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy site:

FUTURE PROGRAM OPPORUNITIES
From the staff at SHARP 4 Sports, we are incredibly honored and excited to be making the Nashville area our home! Scott Hamilton's Skating Academy's staff is top notch and share the same love, passion and dedication towards the sport of figure skating as we value within our organization. With our transition to Nashville being gradual over the next eight months, we will be offering developing opportunities within the program as the months progress. With staff starting to arrive at the end of November, our complete staff will be present by the summer of 2019. Until then, we are dedicated to working with each of the staff at the Ford Ice Center, our participants within the program and the parents and coaches who complete each of our support systems! We can't wait to meet you all soon!

No names are mentioned, however, SHARP IS Kori Emily, and Heather so it's pretty obvious who's moving there now, and in the spring.

Interesting. It sounds like the TCC program isn’t in the works yet and that Kori’s program is adjunct to Skating Academy? And since it’s about Sharp, also sounds like Kori will be working developmentally.

Anyway, it would be great to hear news about the program but since it’s seemingly so different than focus of what this thread was intended for, maybe a new thread is in order. I think it’s totally fine to keep posting here too.

If the program does turn out to be for developmental (rather than elite) skaters, maybe news will be of interest to posters in the Lutz Corner, many of whom are parents of skaters.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can’t link here, but the independent website for Sharp for Sports says Kori, Emily and Heather will be working out of Bridgestone Arena (Nashville) and fully onboard by summer 2019, (as we thought).

But it still leaves so many questions, such as what happens to Courtney and Laurine (I will make a big presumption that Jordan and Ben will retire, if they haven’t already) junior skaters and others in the pipeline. If Kori won’t be coaching senior athletes, does she need a Fan Fest? Does Scott actually coach anyone?

And will Monument now be Learning with the Ladrets for anyone who stays and 7k an abondoned website in the ether:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... (I will make a big presumption that Jordan and Ben will retire, if they haven’t already) ...

Jordan Moeller has competed this season -- including winning medals at Peggy Fleming Trophy and Aerial Challenge -- so I would be surprised if he already has retired. YMMV.
Look forward to seeing the entry lists for Sectionals. :popcorn:

Ross74

Medalist
But it still leaves so many questions, such as what happens to Courtney and Laurine (I will make a big presumption that Jordan and Ben will retire, if they haven’t already) junior skaters and others in the pipeline....

I'm pretty sure Ben posted something over the summer saying he was staying in for another quad, but that may have been before the Monument changes were known.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My last post was badly worded:drama:

I meant if they haven’t already made the *decision* to retire after January (is that Nats?) I’ve seen the clips of Jordan and Ben practicing, usually with Courtney’s clips, so I presumed they were competing this year.

Moving to Nashville? Staying with the Ladrets? Door Number 3?:biggrin:

DinkyD

Rinkside
Laurine is moving. My source tells me Courtney is on the fence. She loves Colorado and just got here not long ago. Maybe it will depend on how her season goes this year? Interesting about Ben wanting to go another 4 years.
A few of the 7k skaters are moving early with Emily. Bow Bagley and a couple of others. Don't know why they're relocating so many months before their main coach, Kori is moving.
It does appear that SHARP is going to be intertwined with Scott Hamilton's Skating Academy.
Someone said SHARP will be based out of Bridgestone Arena which is a huge venue. Scott's Academy is at the Ford Ice Center. I would think that is the location that SHARP will be based.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I find it so interesting that Laurine is following Kori to Nashville. I guess given that she had relocated from France, moving to Nashville from Monument isn't all that a stretch.

Laurine had a tough season last year, but yet stayed with Kori. Laurine did fairly well at Skate America -- so it seems like Kori's work on her is paying off. I think with Jason now at TCC, Kori has really been able to work more with Laurine.

There are other coaching options for Courtney if she doesn't move. IIRC the big reason she move to Colorado was that she was tired of the long commutes she had to make training in SoCal. She always try to go to someone like Christy Krall --I actually think that might be a nice fit for her.

Last edited:

DinkyD

Rinkside
Excellent point about other options for Courtney. World Arena with it's stellar staff is just down the road should she want to stay. Add in the great altitude training, Headquarters located here, and beautiful mountains and fabulous weather.....what young person would ever want to leave!

- - - Updated - - -

And I might add, Doug Ladret is a fabulous coach as well.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Laurine is moving. My source tells me Courtney is on the fence. She loves Colorado and just got here not long ago. Maybe it will depend on how her season goes this year? Interesting about Ben wanting to go another 4 years.
A few of the 7k skaters are moving early with Emily. Bow Bagley and a couple of others. Don't know why they're relocating so many months before their main coach, Kori is moving.
It does appear that SHARP is going to be intertwined with Scott Hamilton's Skating Academy.
Someone said SHARP will be based out of Bridgestone Arena which is a huge venue. Scott's Academy is at the Ford Ice Center. I would think that is the location that SHARP will be based.

Thanks again for the update.
I was the one who said Bridgestone; I should have just stayed off the Internet last night.:palmf: I was way too distracted by the good news out of Pennsylvania ;):biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jordan posted on his IG that he will be skating at Scott Hamilton's charity skate in Nashville.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBsTDNnK4j/

I believe I read that Courtney is also performing? I wonder if this is their way of also checking out the program and facilities in Nashville? Much as I may like them, Scott has a lot of skating friends more well known than them, so it's not like they are doing him or Kori a favor.

:think:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine had a tough season last year, but yet stayed with Kori. Laurine did fairly well at Skate America -- so it seems like Kori's work on her is paying off. I think with Jason now at TCC, Kori has really been able to work more with Laurine.

Part of the reason for Laurine's rough season was some undiagnosed health issues that were undermining her work, rather than the skating itself, judging by an interview she gave at French Masters; improvements in her jump work and spins from the new coaching situation were visible from Coupe du Printemps, which is pretty good given she had to do a lot of relearning, so I'm not surprised she's moving with Kori. Finally she gets both a bit of stability and someone who can identify the technical issues she was having trouble with and help her address them. She's even progressed on her triple axel work!

(Prior to moving to Kori she'd had four coaches in four years, not an ideal situation for anyone but beyond her control. If I were here I'd go for stability too!)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Courtney Hicks posted on IG about skating in Scott Hamilton and Friends benefit this weekend.

Scott replied in the comments, looking forward to having you here, Courtney “the first of many amazing Nashville experiences”

Ross74

Medalist
Courtney Hicks posted on IG about skating in Scott Hamilton and Friends benefit this weekend.

Scott replied in the comments, looking forward to having you here, Courtney “the first of many amazing Nashville experiences”

Well, there's one answer. Kori was with Jordan and Ben at Sectionals today. I wonder what their plans are.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, there's one answer. Kori was with Jordan and Ben at Sectionals today. I wonder what their plans are.

I don’t know, but Jordan is also at Nashville this weekend. In my mind (and my mind only) that means he’s checking it out;)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ben also posted tonight about his diagnosis of Type I diabetes just a couple of months ago and how that impacted his training. https://www.instagram.com/p/BqTtcdDBgC6/ . Congrats to both of the boys!

Oh, wow about Ben! A 600 blood sugar :roll9: thank heavens he caught it in time:drama:

Flyers center Bobby Clarke was a type 1 diabetic and performed at the highest levels. So it can be done, best wishes to Ben:clap: