Stars on Ice Canada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Canada

fishing

Rinkside
My daughter and I attended the Hamilton show tonight. It was a great evening of skating by all the performers but Kurt, Elvis and Piper and Paul/ Starry Night stood out. Megan and Eric did a great job but we missed seeing more pairs. Perhaps a second team next year? They were taping for tv; the only re-takes were for Kurt, Elvis and Katelyn. Most of the crowd stayed to see them again and cheer them on.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
ermm i don't think prices would raise if yuzu participated.. it's not like they raise ticket prices for ACI or SCI when he shows up... i was happy to see Javi skate last year... medvedeva is a nice addition too...

Yes, this isn't Japan ;I am not so sure Yuzu would have that much of an impact on ticket sales. Nathan Chen, Alina, or PC moreso.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
gonna snag a Van ticket when I get me some $$$. Very exciting to see Medvedeva - imagine the prices if Yuzuru ever did a stint :dbana:

Hmmm, as someone who has been to a few shows over the years, he would not be a draw for me. Give me Elvis or Kurt any day as they, are much more my reality.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd :love: to see Yuzu (I wish the USA tour was still international in scope & didn't conflict with the Canadian tour), but give me Elvis & Kurt any day, too! :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Stars on Ice 2019, Canada

Wow, what a show! I was there rink side - on Thursday evening. The new cast and the "old" cast were all in great form. Of course, Kurt Browning outdid himself as always. He did a passionate program to Gordon Lightfoot's classic song "If You Could Read My Mind" it was the last solo number and highly anticipated by all. Catch it on Youtube if you can. Gilles and Poirier treated us to their wonderful "Starry, Starry Night" program. It was a shortened version but still wonderful to watch. Elvis entertained us with his amazing speed and jumping ability. Patrick Chan was just outstanding when he skated to "To Build a Home" Nam Nguyen lit up the rink with his fast feet. Katelyn Weaver and Andrew Poje skated two beautiful programs. Kaetlyn Osmond was wonderful and the amazing Evgenia Medvedeva charmed us with her dazzling skating. What a wonderful evening. Thanks S.O.I. !!!

Patrick Chan
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=patrick+chan+to+build+a+home

Kurt Browning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ptFZydGEs

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, this isn't Japan ;I am not so sure Yuzu would have that much of an impact on ticket sales. Nathan Chen, Alina, or PC moreso.

I think Yuzu is quite popular here, I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of fans going for him. As it was, there was many empty seats, sad to say even with Kurt and Elvis and Medvedeva as drawing cards. I think because Vancouver is the final stop, and there are many other events happening, that could be why. The skytrain was packed, the Rogers arena, not so much.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My daughter and I attended the Hamilton show tonight. It was a great evening of skating by all the performers but Kurt, Elvis and Piper and Paul/ Starry Night stood out. Megan and Eric did a great job but we missed seeing more pairs. Perhaps a second team next year? They were taping for tv; the only re-takes were for Kurt, Elvis and Katelyn. Most of the crowd stayed to see them again and cheer them on.

I was wondering if Megan and Eric had to waterdown some of their elements? Is Megan showing? I have no idea about any dangers especially in respect to falling over stretching something.

dream3r

Spectator
I attended the Edmonton SOI show and enjoyed it immensely!
If Yuzu had cameoed...I would have been over the moon!

Sadly, there were so many empty seats...I had 2nd row rinkside seats and tickets were very reasonable compared to concert tickets.
Meaghan and Eric did moves that I was watching and holding my breath...thinking..she is pregnant!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
re attendance : do not forget the very exciting Rock the Rink tour and the previous Thank you Canada tour.... in some cities, it means two tours per year.. or even 3 if we count the post olympic SOI than the TYCT + this yea's SOI...

I went to the post olympic SOI in Montreal : jam packed... they had to start late so people could get to their seats...
this year, I decided to skip on SOI... because I went to SCI, and I may go to the RTRT in November and/or worlds in Montreal... I mean, that's a LOT of skating events for one city that didn't even have SOI once a year... the tour skipped Montreal so many times...

In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if this resurgence of skating presentations (both tours and competitions) has on others the effect it has on me... There is no way I have the time and money to attend everything... so I pick carefully.

Finally : since we talked about yuzu... well... i think the problem really with SOI is not the absence of international stars.. but the absence of tessa and scott.. they were the ones who got the largest cheers in SOI and Nationals and ACI ... Every time I have seen them live, the audience went crazy for them... and that's part of why i am thiking about going to RTRT and skipped SOI this year.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Wow, what a show! I was there rink side - on Thursday evening. The new cast and the "old" cast were all in great form. Of course, Kurt Browning outdid himself as always. He did a passionate program to Gordon Lightfoot's classic song "If You Could Read My Mind" it was the last solo number and highly anticipated by all. Catch it on Youtube if you can. Gilles and Poirier treated us to their wonderful "Starry, Starry Night" program. It was a shortened version but still wonderful to watch. Elvis entertained us with his amazing speed and jumping ability. Patrick Chan was just outstanding when he skated to "To Build a Home" Nam Nguyen lit up the rink with his fast feet. Katelyn Weaver and Andrew Poje skated two beautiful programs. Kaetlyn Osmond was wonderful and the amazing Evgenia Medvedeva charmed us with her dazzling skating. What a wonderful evening. Thanks S.O.I. !!!

Patrick Chan
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=patrick+chan+to+build+a+home

Kurt Browning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ptFZydGEs

Thanks so much for the links! I am just so jealous you've got all these shows, and seeing Kurt (who is my age) doing such a wonderful programme is beyond words.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Yuzu is quite popular here, I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of fans going for him. As it was, there was many empty seats, sad to say even with Kurt and Elvis and Medvedeva as drawing cards. I think because Vancouver is the final stop, and there are many other events happening, that could be why. The skytrain was packed, the Rogers arena, not so much.
So sad to hear. I guess they went after the Canadian fans obviously. I do wonder if the newer generation unless skating fanatics really care or know much about Kurt or elvis though.

Teenes

On the Ice
This is much, much delayed, and I don't know if anyone is still interested. But just in case...

My long, detailed review of the Toronto, Hamilton, and Vancouver shows

My photos from the Toronto show

My photos from the Hamilton show

And these aren't directly relevant to this year's Stars on Ice tour, but since there's no Kurt Browning topic here, it seems as good a place as any. Kurt generously took some time before the Hamilton show to sit down with us to record a video interview of fun random questions. His answers were fun and funny, and my co-conspirators and I had a hard time not laughing out loud in the recording. Each part is about 6.5 minutes long.
These Are Fun Questions for Kurt Browning
More Fun Questions for Kurt Browning
Hope they bring a smile to some of your faces!