Stars on Ice Canada | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Canada

danse

On the Ice
Some great new additions to this year's cast! They recently announced that Kurt Browning would be coming back, Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier have been added, and yesterday it was announced that Evgenia Medvedeva has been added. No Tessa & Scott though, because they're planning their own tour, but they're bringing in some great additions! Anyone here going? I just bought tickets for the London show.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Some great new additions to this year's cast! They recently announced that Kurt Browning would be coming back, Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier have been added, and yesterday it was announced that Evgenia Medvedeva has been added. No Tessa & Scott though, because they're planning their own tour, but they're bringing in some great additions! Anyone here going? I just bought tickets for the London show.

WOAHHHHHH! I knew about G/P and Kurt but now having Medved is a dream come true! I am going to take credit for this as months ago I urged SOI to go raid the Cricket Club! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I'll be at the Toronto show. Regret not seeing Tessa and Scott but I will try their tour.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

does anyone know if Patrick Chan is still skating or is he completely done?

danse

On the Ice
The current cast includes:

Evgenia Medvedeva
Kaetlyn Osmond
Kurt Browning
Elvis Stojko
Patrick Chan
Jeffrey Buttle
Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

:hap10::hap10::hap10::hap10::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
gonna snag a Van ticket when I get me some $$$. Very exciting to see Medvedeva - imagine the prices if Yuzuru ever did a stint :dbana:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
gonna snag a Van ticket when I get me some $$$. Very exciting to see Medvedeva - imagine the prices if Yuzuru ever did a stint :dbana:

ermm i don't think prices would raise if yuzu participated.. it's not like they raise ticket prices for ACI or SCI when he shows up... i was happy to see Javi skate last year... medvedeva is a nice addition too...

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Great addition to the Canadian show. If you think about it, it just makes sense though because she now trains in Canada. I wonder if Virtue and Moir will skate in the show?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Great addition to the Canadian show. If you think about it, it just makes sense though because she now trains in Canada. I wonder if Virtue and Moir will skate in the show?

That's a big fat NO

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What about Keegan? Even though we live nowhere near any Canadian city, we would :love: to attend SOI Canada some day. We always attend our US tour. I long for the days when the casts for the shows were international in scope, though.

DonnaR

On the Ice
I can never figure out why Elladj is never invited. He is a crowd favourite who is invited to shows around the world, but not in Canada.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker

Yes, I'm going to Vancouver show. I have two tickets ice level. Really looking forward to seeing Kurt and Piper and Paul and Evgenia, wow that will be a treat! I hope Piper and Paul give us a treat with their Vincent program.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just got back from the Halifax show, which was quite good (probably not quite on the level of the previous tour, and I don't mean just because no Tessa and Scott; Meagan and Eric are understandably not performing quite at the same intensity from last year given that she's 12 weeks pregnant, no jumps or throws).

The programs:

"Born This Way" by Lady Gaga - whole cast.
"Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars - Nam
"In the Mood" by Duke Ellington/The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Piper & Paul (really intricate prop work in this one, they do the whole number with a cane that is used for a bunch of different things)
"Proud Mary" by Tina Turner - Kaetlyn
"The Great Escape"/"To Build A Home" by The Cinematic Orchestra - Patrick
"Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette- Kaitlyn & Andrew
"Original Fire" by Audioslave - Elvis
"Popcorn Perils" - Kurt (this is an original comedy skit)
"7 Rings" by Ariana Grande - Evgenia
"Get What You Give" by Felix Cartal - Meagan & Eric (-5 GOE for picking a great New Radicals song and then using an inferior cover version)
"Pump up the 90s" - whole cast, this is a huge medley of about a dozen 90s pop songs (mostly mid-to-late 90s, e.g., Spice Girls, NYSNC). Buttle unquestionably had the most fun working on this one.

"Trusty and True" by Damien Rice - whole cast.
"Vincent" by Govardo - Piper & Paul (the show version omits the tempo change, which is interesting to see, mainly because for all that that was added to comply with the rules, it actually does make the program better)
"There Will Be A Time" by Mumford & Sons & Baaba Maal - Nam
"Beautiful Mess" by Kristian Kostov - Evgenia
"On Our Own" by Bruno Major - Meagan & Eric
"Simple Man" by Shinedown - Elvis (his second Shinedown program in as many years; clearly a fan)
"Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga - Kaetlyn
"Suit & Tie"/"Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake - Patrick
"Groove Me"/"Land of 1000 Dances" by King Floyd & Wilson Pickett - Kaitlyn & Andrew
"If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot - Kurt (this was really majestic, despite him falling on his butt attempting a flying sit spin)
"With a Little Help From My Friends" by Joe Cocker - Whole cast.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
What about Keegan? Even though we live nowhere near any Canadian city, we would :love: to attend SOI Canada some day. We always attend our US tour. I long for the days when the casts for the shows were international in scope, though.

Yeah, I was the same way. If they had Keegan in addition to Medvedeva i’d be getting a ticket. :(