Risport RF1 Exclusive vs. Edea Ice Fly/Concerto | Golden Skate

Risport RF1 Exclusive vs. Edea Ice Fly/Concerto

claref

Spectator
Looking for some new skate advice here! Currently, I am in a pair of Risport RF1 Elite boots with the Ultima Matrix Elite blade. My boots have, to say the least, seen better days. They are going on 2.5 years old with noticeable and deep creasing on both boots. I absolutely adore them. The most comfortable and best skates I have ever owned. Currently, I skate every day, about 3 hours per day. I am working on my junior moves, pre-gold dances, compete intermediate freestyle (double jumps, no triples here!! :dbana: ) and am on a junior synchronized skating team (that's a story for another day :drama: ).

I'm planning on sticking with the same blades, however, I come to an impasse when looking at boots. A part of me wants to stick with another Risport, simply the same but lightweight, while I have plenty of recommendations for Edea. However, I know that you either do or don't have an Edea foot, and I'm concerned about making the giant investment in Edeas if I'm unsure. Additionally, would Edea and Risport be pretty similar because they are manufactured by the same company? Oh, and lastly, I love my boots nice and stiff if that makes a difference.

~Clare :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Looking for some new skate advice here! Currently, I am in a pair of Risport RF1 Elite boots with the Ultima Matrix Elite blade. My boots have, to say the least, seen better days. They are going on 2.5 years old with noticeable and deep creasing on both boots. I absolutely adore them. The most comfortable and best skates I have ever owned. Currently, I skate every day, about 3 hours per day. I am working on my junior moves, pre-gold dances, compete intermediate freestyle (double jumps, no triples here!! :dbana: ) and am on a junior synchronized skating team (that's a story for another day :drama: ).

I'm planning on sticking with the same blades, however, I come to an impasse when looking at boots. A part of me wants to stick with another Risport, simply the same but lightweight, while I have plenty of recommendations for Edea. However, I know that you either do or don't have an Edea foot, and I'm concerned about making the giant investment in Edeas if I'm unsure. Additionally, would Edea and Risport be pretty similar because they are manufactured by the same company? Oh, and lastly, I love my boots nice and stiff if that makes a difference.

~Clare :)

Why try to fix something that isn't broken? If Risport works for you and you love them, then stick with that brand.
If you want a Risport that is more similar to Edea, then try on a RF1 Exclusive, that's going to be your best bet for what you are wanting.
There's also the Royal Exclusive. I'm not a fan of the thermoplastic type boots so I can't help with that much, I hated EDEA's. I used to compete in Royal Elite and loved them, and still have a pair to teach in. I've also worn their Dance Elite boot for a long time (yes I competed both disciplines).

Try both the models I suggested and see how you like them.

Good luck!