2019 4CCs: FD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 4CCs: FD

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I like this FD a lot (Wang/Liu). Good choice of music, good choreography, and real emotion (especially from Liu).

I enjoyed the GP variant, but by far preferred the reworked 4CC version. Great improvement. I noticed them during Olympics, too. Maybe they are not as accomplished technically as others, but always memorable.

Why are they rated so low? What's the major thing they need to work on?

They need to improve their speed, generating and maintaining it (watching them alongside other middle-ranked teams such as Smart/Diaz and Soucisse/Firus at ACI, they seemed noticeably slower, especially in their RD). There are spots in their FD for example where they are doing an extended amount of crossovers (eg. setting up straight line lift at the beginning, before one-foot steps, setting up curved lift at the end). They have some really impressive lifts but seem to also incorporate many dance lifts into their program as entries, exits, or transitional movements. Judges probably want to see more variety. Their edge quality has improved this year but comparing Wang and Liu side-by-side in the one foot steps, I can see that Liu has deeper edges and stronger turns. Those are some of the things I think are holding them back but it's good to see they are on the right track to Worlds :).