Boots and blades recommendation | Golden Skate

Boots and blades recommendation

Juliesk8

Spectator
Hi!
I am looking for new skates and blades
I have talked to my coaches and technicians at my rink, but their opinions are really diverse
For boots, I’m interested in the edea concerto and ice fly. For blades, probably the coronation ace and gold seal.

Does anyone know:
- is there a big difference in terms of weight between concerto and ice fly?
- i heard gold seal makes spinning harder? My jumps are better than my spins, should i still get the gold seal?

About me:
I’m 19, wearing edea chorus now with Mk professional blades. I do double jumps up to the double flip (but they aren’t that consistent). In the coming 1-2 years I think I will be working on 2-2 combos, double lutz, and possibly starting the double axel.

Thanks guys!

Nimyue

On the Ice
Hi!
I have talked to my coaches and technicians at my rink, but their opinions are really diverse
For boots, I’m interested in the edea concerto and ice fly. For blades, probably the coronation ace and gold seal.

Does anyone know:
- i heard gold seal makes spinning harder? My jumps are better than my spins, should i still get the gold seal?

About me:
I’m 19, wearing edea chorus now with Mk professional blades. I do double jumps up to the double flip (but they aren’t that consistent). In the coming 1-2 years I think I will be working on 2-2 combos, double lutz, and possibly starting the double axel.

Thanks guys!

With the Edea, try them both on and wear the one that's most comfortable. We have girls at our rinks in both, they are super similar in price, try them on and go with the ones that feel the best.

If you're in an MK Pro, the Gold Seal has the same spin rocker so the transition will be pretty straight forward. However, MK Pros are good through all your doubles and beginning triples. There's no need to upgrade your blades yet unless you want to and can afford the increase. I'd save my money personally, but there's certainly no other down side to upgrading.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi!

Does anyone know:

About me:

Thanks guys!

Gold Seal spins better than CA, but if you're a jumper P99.